Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• vff said:

braydex said:

You just wonder how long Russell Slade will stay when he realises what a big mistake he has made.

He hasn't made a mistake. He knew exactly what the score was when he agreed to become manager. He has his own agenda, the trouble is, I don't think that involves giving his all to his latest club.
    In football it is easy to be to out of the game and out of job and the longer that a person is the, the more difficult it is to get back in. Alan Curbishely being the prime example. So even if it is job that is clearly got huge problems and limitations, then it is tempting to take it.
    Exactly. He has taken the job on for his own reasons. Doesnt mean they are the right reasons.
  • braydex said:

iaitch said:

What's weird about supporting your team through good and bad times?

Can you remind some of us on here when the club last had its good time?
    Were you hiding under a rock in 2011/12?
    No. I just didn't class being relegated to the third tier of English football and then getting promotion as our greatest season. It was a relief if anything.
  • seth plum said:

There is now no money for signings? Did I read that? So the desperate giveaway sales pay for the losses and we are left with loans.
    So instead of seeing Premiership stars of the future we now see other clubs stars of the future.
    Great.
    Slade is staggering around within this madness trying to make the best of it, he has chosen this of his own free will and must deliver at least 13 points before the transfer window slams shut, and 50 points around third round of the cup time.
    Loans because we have no money, I blame Sue Parkes.

So who will we draw with in August?

Bury / Northampton / Shrewsbury / Walsall / Bolton

As Northampton wont want to lose their first game, Bolton will be trying to do the same as us whilst Walsall will be trying to forget just missing out on automatic promotion and the Play-Offs... Bury on the other hand have signed some decent Free Transfers.
    I don't want to draw with anybody, I want to win them all, but I could handle one draw in five at the start of the season.
    Of course if it is any worse than that, speaking personally, I will think we have made a crap start to the season.
    Back to your question, if one is to be a draw I guesstimate it will be Bolton.
  • braydex said:

braydex said:

iaitch said:

No. I just didn't class being relegated to the third tier of English football and then getting promotion as our greatest season. It was a relief if anything.
    we didn't just get promotion we got the clubs record points tally (IIRC) and won the league comfortably.
  • I would love us to get promoted this season and I was optimistic about the season ahead, especially after the first few signings.
    Some of the rumours I heard were from a third or fourth party source, which could be unreliable. Some of it has been correct, like Slade being named manager.
    Other bits I'm unsure on because I think, how would they know that, like Slade being told to make do with what he's got.
    Perhaps one or two players might be signed on loan or from lower league clubs and Slade has experience in these areas, so I'm hoping he proves me wrong.
    I think a lack of signings, at this stage means it will be mid table finish.
  • Think it will be next week now for more signings to arrive
  • Redhenry said:

Think it will be next week now for more signings to arrive

Are we looking at free transfers and loans @redhenry or are we actually going to sign players for fees?
  • There is a list I believe
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

There is a list I believe

@redhenry a Slade list or is it written in Belgian?
  • Well one of the signings MUST be a goalkeeper.

Would imagine that 1-2 of the guys we've had on trial will be signed as they're free.
  • Redhenry said:

Hope its a long one!
  • Redhenry said:

Hope its a long one!
    Front and back.

• Hope we sign Buxton. Foley and Crofts do not look good enough.
  • Crofts can't be that bad can he, he played quite a few games for Brighton in the championship last season.
  • Hope we sign Buxton. Foley and Crofts do not look good enough.

Buxton if Chris Solly continues to be plagued by injuries.
    I agree with your comment regarding Foley and Crofts based on the little bit i have already seen, and in my ideal world I would release Roger Johnson too.

We need a raft of decent signings, but if Slade can manufacture continual wins from what he has at his disposal then good for him,
  • Crofts can't be that bad can he, he played quite a few games for Brighton in the championship last season.

Apropos of nothing, but didn't Djimi Traore played reasonably regularly for Liverpool, before gracing us with his footballing skills...?
  • Yes slade got a list but they've been all crossed of except for the frees and loans.with got to get budget in line for next season in 4th division Roland taken the club to new levels
  • If Slade gets us into the top 6 with this current squad he deserves a Knighthood.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

Dazzler21 said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

iaitch said:

we didn't just get promotion we got the clubs record points tally (IIRC) and won the league comfortably.
    On the day we got relegated from the Prem, if someone said to me "dont worry, we could be league one champions soon!" I wouldn't have been consoled.
    Ah well must suck to be so negative.

Every cloud has it's silver lining, the way I had looked at it was on relegation 'At least we'll see more wins in the championship'

I was correct for the first season :wink:

When we were relegated to League 1 I said the same, and you know what... I was correct.
  • Still I dream of playing decent sides, seeing decent football, seeing packed out stands...

:cry:
  • Dazzler21 said:

Still I dream of playing decent sides, seeing decent football, seeing packed out stands...

:cry:

Well you have a 50% chance as half our games are away from home
  • Swisdom said:

My understanding is the signings we have made were all Slade's choices. In addition to that he hasn't failed to acquire one of his targets yet.

That may be but a least one has said they were approached by Katrien Meire before Slade was in the frame and declined until he could speak to the manager.
  • Swisdom said:

My understanding is the signings we have made were all Slade's choices. In addition to that he hasn't failed to acquire one of his targets yet.

That may be but a least one has said they were approached by Katrien Meire before Slade was in the frame and declined until he could speak to the manager.
    I hadn't heard that... which one?