Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• @altrinchamaddick

Can the museum have a couple of copies of the teamsheets please?
  • edited July 2016
    So you are saying that the club's transfer business has been delayed because its head of recruitment, announced in May, has not in fact started work for the club? That would be extraordinary even in Charlton terms. It also presupposes that Russell Slade is dependent on that person's advice to identify targets, which I doubt. It's a subordinate role.

It certainly hasn't helped
  • So basically Mitov is Number Two Goalkeeper this season... Just depends if Phillips is our first choice or on loan.

Would rather send Mitov on loan than Phillips
  • So basically Mitov is Number Two Goalkeeper this season... Just depends if Phillips is our first choice or on loan.

Not necessary, it mention that Price was going to be back up prior to going Rotherham so hopefully they know we need to GK bought in.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

We are probably stalling on signing a goalkeeper till Meire has convinced Slade that the keeper doesn't necessarily have to be from a footballing background. Instead think about a new, cheaper, outside the box idea such as a keeper from another sport like hockey, or handball for example.

http://www.eurohandball.com/ec/cwc/women/2010-11/player/521867/ChristelOyen

Not necessary, it mention that Price was going to be back up prior to going Rotherham so hopefully they know we need to GK bought in.
    But then they didnt expect to sell Nick Pope... I really dont think Burnley persisting with that transfer was expected
  • id Keep Mitov,Did you see that world class save he made from a free kick at the end of the Anzhi Game las......
  • Fiiiiiish said:

We are probably stalling on signing a goalkeeper till Meire has convinced Slade that the keeper doesn't necessarily have to be from a footballing background. Instead think about a new, cheaper, outside the box idea such as a keeper from another sport like hockey, or handball for example.

Oh shite!!! she hasn't been watching the movie Dodgeball has she?

• Sponsored links:

• Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 32m32 minutes ago
    Back page of today's @sthlondonpress is Nick Pope on the #cafc mass exits. Also exclusive with Johann Berg Gudmundsson.
  • It may be that Phillips impresses enough in training and the friendlies to become No1, or to be thought of as a No2. We need to sign an experienced keeper, decide which of Mitov and Phillips is to compete with that keeper and then loan out the other.
  • edited July 2016
    Trouble is I think it wouldn't be great for Phillips' development to be sitting on the bench now... The problem is I think Mitov is getting to the age where sitting on the bench and playing U21s isnt good for his development so a loan would benefit him

Yet Beeney probably isn't ready to be thrown into action if X Goalkeeper was to sign and get injured
    Back page of today's @sthlondonpress is Nick Pope on the #cafc mass exits. Also exclusive with Johann Berg Gudmundsson.

This'll be fun reading...

But then they didnt expect to sell Nick Pope... I really dont think Burnley persisting with that transfer was expected
    That is what I mean, if they wanted Price to be back up for Pope then surely they know Phillips and Mitov should not be on the bench and that we need 2 GKs to come in.
  • edited July 2016
    Leiws Price is sort of a poor man's Stuart Taylor .

Apart from a spell at Ipswich he seems to be a professional number 2 . He probably prefers bench sitting at Rotherham than playing for a club as a number 1.
  • I can't keep up with this thread!!!

If anyone fancies taking a photo of the stories and sharing it for us out of town folk, that'd be splendid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 32m32 minutes ago

If anyone fancies taking a photo of the stories and sharing it for us out of town folk, that'd be splendid.
    Hopefully be on their o/s later
  • Cheltenham would prefer to buy Phillips so I'm amazed Katy hasn't sold him yet
  • Cheltenham would prefer to buy Phillips so I'm amazed Katy hasn't sold him yet

Give her time
  • If Philips goes we need two keepers in my opinion.

Thanks for posting. For some reason he has blocked me on twitter so it's good that I can still keep up with his latest tweets.
  • Given Phillip's experience last season at Conference level, I'm struggling to see why we'd let him go out on loan rather than Mitov, who has never played a first team game. Maybe there's a modest loan fee, which would help subsidise the wages of our other loanees for a week or so.
  • I know we cant claim credit for them all but I'd love to know what it is about Charlton that creates such good Goalkeepers:

Bartram / Kiely / Carson / Anderson / Elliot / Randolph / Hamer / Button / Pope have all had really successful years after joining us and am sure I've missed a load of that list (Especially between Bartram / Kiely as my knowledge of Charlton in that era)

Then you've got Phillips / Mitov / Beeney who are all highly rated and could be our First-Team 'keeper
  • nicky johns charlie wright