Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• seth plum said:

I have commented on THD from time to time, often suggesting he is more of a midfielder than a left back. I say this because he has Cousins-like application and energy, a work ethic that is best utilised if he is constantly involved rather than the relative solitude at left back.
    We are losing a good young player, and the aspiration still seems to be to plug the gaps with cheap old mercenaries whose best days are long gone.
    Still these joker's are learning from their mistakes so that's OK.

It is shortterm money saving over long term planning and expenditure.
  • Chris Burke would be a great signing at this level... Charlie Mulgrew wouldnt be a bad signing either as looking at his Wiki page he can play CM / CB / LB so would certainly be the utility type player that is useful in any squad

Agree. Both Mulgrew and Burke would be good signings.
  • Chris Burke or YSY would be good signings,.. THD had a lot of potential though and it would be a shame to see him go
  • Slade did say he only wanted player who wanted to wear the shirt, as has been said it was reported that last season THD was not happy with CAFC. He was used a a sub on Saturday, perhaps that was a make or break appearance for Slade and ended as a break.
  • No way is Mulgrew signing for a League One team. Doubt he'd even go to Championship.
  • edited August 2016
    I wouldn't have thought anybody is forcing THD to go.
    If he wants to leave and feels his chances of first team football or even more money mean a move, then so be it.

• Slade is very naive to come out with statements like 'no more significant players leaving' etc. Ultimately with this mob if an OK bid came in for ANY of our players they'd accept it in a heart beat, making RS look a mug
  • J BLOCK said:

Slade is very naive to come out with statements like 'no more significant players leaving' etc. Ultimately with this mob if an OK bid came in for ANY of our players they'd accept it in a heart beat, making RS look a mug

Plus with a squad our size, any player is significant. At least we might have some rumours of players signing for the next week before we are told we have enough.

These jokers need to jog on so there can finally be a sense of optimism around the club.
  • I wouldn't have thought anybody is forcing THD to go.
    If he wants to leave and feels his chances of first team football or even more money mean a move, then do be it.

Exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we do want a creative, goal-scoring midfielder and have a bit of money available to do something, Cameron McGeehan from Luton would be a good option. A player who is destined for the Championship but might, at this stage, be an achievable target for us at the moment if we wanted to do it.

The sort of player we could probably get for £1m and see his value increase.
  • No way is Mulgrew signing for a League One team. Doubt he'd even go to Championship.

His stock has gone right down in recent years, would really doubt him getting a premiership move.
  • Isn't Andy Hughes 1st team coach at Huddersfield and would know THD very well
  • Isn't Andy Hughes 1st team coach at Huddersfield and would know THD very well

yes
  • THD isn't a key player. Sell a back up that'll never play and replace him with a decent free, then use the fee to fill other more needed positions. Slade isn't stupid. He's done ok so far.

I would agree with you if this is what I could see happening. We won't instead we will make do with what we have and sign no one else. No free left back, no transfer fees, no loans, NO ONE AT ALL
  • I liked Mulgrew in his Southend days - would be a bit like Jacko imo
  • Swisdom said:

I liked Mulgrew in his Southend days - would be a bit like Jacko imo

His best spell was at Trumpton.

Quality midfield with Pugh, Pugh and Barney

• Now THD has been sent on his way to raise a few shekels, where's that creative midfielder that Mr Slade is hopeful of signing?

• Sponsored links:

• 7 days & counting........
  • Swisdom said:

I believe he wants first team football and isn't getting it with us.
    Shame - he's got a superb left peg and pace to burn. I think he'll turn out pretty decent

If he can't get in front of Fox, I'm not sure he'll be more successful at Hudds.
  • ross1 said:

Isn't Andy Hughes 1st team coach at Huddersfield and would know THD very well

yes
    Also linking up with Kasey Palmer who's on loan there from Chelski . .
  • Any player who is in the first team match day squad is one injury or loss of form away from starting.

• edited August 2016
    Scoham said:

Swisdom said:

Shame - he's got a superb left peg and pace to burn. I think he'll turn out pretty decent

If he can't get in front of Fox, I'm not sure he'll be more successful at Hudds.

Swisdom said:

He's only 20 and spent the second half of last season out on loan. Huddersfield have signed him as cover and for his potential. Why sell? It leaves us with a less options for what is likely a small saving in wages and a low fee.
    I agree. I wouldn't have sold him, unless he was desperate to go and it was becoming a problem.

I preferred him to Fox, although I've only seen his first team performances.

I'm only disagreeing with people saying that he's a major transfer out, apparently because all our players would be a major transfer out.

It's a little bit like saying Nick Pope is a major Prem player because he's now in The Prem, so they are all major.

Let's see who comes in before the window closes, although I'm no more optimistic than most.
  • Given his age is relatively close to Fox's and the fact that Fox is pretty much confirmed as first choice I wouldn't be surprised if THD (or maybe his agent) has been agitating for a move. If he's going to be a reserve here then he might as well be a reserve at a higher level on bigger wages.

IF (and it is a big if) the money is used to bring in the central creator we need and Slade manages to conjure a passable reserve choice LB from somewhere I would probably have to acknowledge this is the reality of the level we're at. If the money vanishes straight into Roland's back pocket (far more likely) then it's another sign of the Belgians' incompetence and I can't imagine Slade being too impressed either.