Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Dack to Hull

Dack to the future?

It's dull Charlton day today. Why haven't we signed anyone?

• Oggy Red said:

Dack to Hull

Dack to the future?

We will do just as soon as the 48 hours are up
  • Oggy Red said:

Dack to Hull

Dack to the future?

Cos we won a couple of games so everything's fine obviously...
  • edited August 2016
    We also need four more wingers
  • Leuth said:

We also need four more wingers

And a creative midfielder and a box to box midfielder with a great engine, and a left back to replace Fox and another keeper so we can send Mitov on loan.
  • Dack to The Valley
    He's coming Back To The Valley
    Dack to The Valley
  • Can't be arsed to scan back through the thread but the Daffy Dack comment is my favorite so far!

Played sir!
  • Sponsored links:

• Huddersfield agreed a deal for THD
  • Guessing they will view Lennon as our back up left back?
  • That would be a bad move unless it's a loan which I highly doubt. He's a great talent, give him a year or so and he'll be one of the first names on the teamsheet

They have agreed a fee which would suggest that they are buying him.

• Ffs i hope it's only a loan. Having said that if fox gets injured who comes in
  • Ffs i hope it's only a loan. Having said that if fox gets injured who comes in

Or Solly gets switched to left and Foley plays right? Either way - its a shit move for us. Only hope it is swiftly followed by a midfielder coming in.
  • Cawley saying THD given permission to talk

Weird
  • Sponsored links:

• If you saw him yesterday you would be impressed.
  • edited August 2016

Cawley saying THD given permission to talk

Weird

Not sure if anyone else noticed but I'm pretty sure he was one of the first down the tunnel on Saturday at Walsall and didn't come over to thank the travelling fans, just saying like.
  • I know I'm in a minority regarding fox.
    Sorry I just don't rate him, but I would much rather keep THE.
    In 2 or 3 years time I believe he will be top quality whereas fox will still be fox
  • Thd fuckin spellchecker
  • edited August 2016

I know I'm in a minority regarding fox.
    Sorry I just don't rate him, but I would much rather keep THE.
    In 2 or 3 years time I believe he will be top quality whereas fox will still be fox

I'm not so sure you are in a minority but Fox did do ok on Saturday. He's a bit like marmite however the debates over him have been done to death on here and his detractors have tended to keep their heads down of late probably accepting that this is his level.
  • Noticing a theme. Someone is shipped out before we can bring anyone in. Suspect Katie and Russell have been arguing over a midfieder and this is the upshot.

THD is ok. Nothing more than that. If its decent money (we know it will be undisclosed) then I'm not too bothered.

Issue is, even if it opens the door for a midfielder to come in, then we still need some cover at left back. Lennon really isn't the answer there.
  • Fox is the better defender, but THD is better going forward.

Fox worst performance last season was away at Ipswich - cross after cross went either too long or hit the first defender. Even v Northampton at home the other week Fox repeatedly came inside & hardly ever takes on the opposite full back (just remember the no. of goals Wiggins sent up doing this)

THD is good cover for Fox & was one of our best players in the pre-season games I saw.

saying that I'd rather keep both & turn THD into a left winger.
  • I presume if the THD sale is intended to fund a midfielder coming in Slade's logic has been along the lines that Fox is probably more solid defensively whilst the likes of Holmes can provide the width and attacking drive on the left making THD's more attacking style less important (though it would be pretty handy of course.)

Goes without saying that we'd need cover at LB again as no matter how you rate Fox, his injury/suspension would leave us without an experienced practiced LB at all!
  • thenewbie said:

I presume if the THD sale is intended to fund a midfielder coming in Slade's logic has been along the lines that Fox is probably more solid defensively whilst the likes of Holmes can provide the width and attacking drive on the left making THD's more attacking style less important (though it would be pretty handy of course.)

Goes without saying that we'd need cover at LB again as no matter how you rate Fox, his injury/suspension would leave us without an experienced practiced LB at all!

doubt they will get another in, reckon Lennon/Edwards/Solly will be the cover