Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• In other news... Interesting opponent for next season

BURY SIGN KIRKLAND

Chris Kirkland has joined League One side Bury on a one-year deal after leaving Preston.

The man of glass!

• edited June 2016
    Morrison played a simple game and played it well.
    He wasn't world class, of course, but with competent defenders alongside him, was reliable and effective - a decent centreback at Championship level, as he has also subsequently proved at Birmingham.

Don't forget, he was also a threat from set pieces in and around the opposing box.
    Scored some very decent headers and a couple of piledrivers - plus that goal at Bristol City where he surprised us all by taking on a defender and going round the keeper!

But most importantly he gave 100 per cent, a real team player and would run through brick walls for the shirt.

Would anyone argue that we couldn't have done with a player like that last season?

• Hasn't been a signing in a while. Getting bored now
  • Hasn't been a signing in a while. Getting bored now

You need to look on another thread!

;o)

• Now who do we talk about for the next 40 pages?
  • ross1 said:

Now who do we talk about for the next 40 pages?

Dawson
  • Is this a transfer rumour thread or a Morriston thread
  • Sponsored links:

• I meant morrison
  • Is this a transfer rumour thread or a Morriston thread

I heard a rumour Morriston Morrison was coming back.*

*not really.

• Watching the England game at the minute & thinking Morro could do better than the current men in white shirts.....

At least he gave 100% and didn't hide.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 27s27 seconds ago
    #cafc confirm Nicky Ajose transfer. Three-year deal. Delay in move was down to his agent being out of the country.

Would explain how he was at the Valley and had his medical as it wasn't him on holiday but his agent!

@Tracey , is Nicky Ajose's agent? ;)
  • Watching the England game at the minute & thinking Morro could do better than the current men in white shirts.....

At least he gave 100% and didn't hide.

Just gave me an idea that fanny, at the next tournament we should pick players from the championship and under.
  • "He was talking about the club. He wanted to know everything. He had a thirst for Charlton"

I wonder who told him about us.. Manager, been here 5 mins... Coaches been here 5 mins... Players, been here 5 mins... KM, not interested in our history...Did they take him to the museum?

I wonder if we offered the biggest contract......
  • Looks like Slade got the "Compendium of British football bollocks" for Christmas. Latrien must be wetting her knickers...
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish he'd take that scarf off. He looks like a tourist

Not sure about his new coaching staff either... too short?

Most of their managerial appointments have been, they don't stay much longer than a holiday anyway.
  • That's obviously a hacked post, there's no lauding of Pinocchio.
  • Waiting for Redhenry's next post.

No-one else has any useful info.
  • Aaron Ramsey not to join Charlton on a free.

• Do we need a CB at the minute, we currently have Bauer, Teixeira, Diarra, Lennon and Johnson?

Think the last key signing is a creative midfielder, then we have enough quality for promotion. Obviously then depends who leaves and who needs replacing but on paper at the minute, I think that is all we are missing.
  • Hodgson in as tactical adviser
  • Do we need a CB at the minute, we currently have Bauer, Teixeira, Diarra, Lennon and Johnson?

Think the last key signing is a creative midfielder, then we have enough quality for promotion. Obviously then depends who leaves and who needs replacing but on paper at the minute, I think that is all we are missing.

Teixera will surely leave
    Diarra is more of a midfielder, and probably can't play a full season

That leaves Bauer, Johnson and Lennon. Leaving aside our views about Johnson, we need a 4th CB

My uninformed guess is that Tex will be sold to save money on his wages, Diarra is really a midfielder and Johnson isn't seen as good enough while most likely being expensive.

Lennon did well at Gills last year but is still young. Bauer hasn't played for months and may also be sold to save on his wages although I think he might stay.

So Lennon and maybe Bauer.

That's why he wants another CB