Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Pico said:

The League One financial rules for newly relegated clubs are that player wages can't exceed 75% of turnover. Turnover includes any money put in by the owner as long as it isn't in the form of loans.

Therefore, if an owner wants to buy promotion by keeping or signing high earning players he can do so whereas he couldn't under FFP rules in The Championship.

So equity and fake sponsorship are OK but loans aren't?
    Yep. That's how City get away with it.
  • not sure it should have been in the transfer rumours thread in the first place :-)
  • Oooo why was the Player Liaison Officer meeting our Manager?

(I dont have a clue just trying to create some suspense)
  • http://cassiuscamps.com/

Thought is was a sign of the young man's commitment and desire to do well that he took this on off his own back.

Shame that people complain that players aren't committed or don't want it enough but when they show they are they just get more stick.

I sort of agree but Morgan is after all a professional sportsman and athlete. He and any in his "job" shouldn't need poking with a sharp stick to improve or maintain their levels of fitness.

Not popping at Fox. That goes for all of them.

• 1/2 time score ... CAFC 0 .. Old Knackered Truck Tyres 3

Now that is funny.

• Is Tracey Carl Leaburn's wife?
  • Valley11 said:

Is Tracey Carl Leaburn's wife?

She is.

They have a son who must be a young teenager now. On Chelsea's books and apparently very decent
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

colin1961 said:

seth plum said:

Harriott is being used to raise money so I understand.

What 50 quid
    That's at least more than we got for Morrison
    Keep a player who asked to go out on loan to get game play .. he was 4th choice, Tal Ben H and Bikey were superb and let's not forget the long unbeaten run at the start of any season , he played one game against Birmingham in that run and guess who made the mistake for there goal to make it 1-1 ..... An average centre half no near as good as Bauer or Jorge T or at the time TBH, Bikey or Gomaz
    Colin, I've stuck up for you recently but comments like that do not do yourself any favours.
    I make Colin right on all counts! TBH was for half a season one of the best CBs we've ever had, Bikey scared strikers into letting him take the ball with ease and Bauer was class until his injury. Tex was very solid but probably on a par with Morro.
    The only issue was we let him go on a free. Would have been nice to keep him as cover but he wanted to play and you can't blame him for that
  • Nottingham Forest have named their new Manager (Philippe Montanier)

Already Wikipedia have got a hold on it... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_Montanier

He is famous for currently being the manager of the best team in the shithole that is Nottingham, and is also very well know for hating sheep and Derby.
  • Oooo even more Rumour to bring you

Jokingly I did respond to Tracey Leaburn's tweet by suggesting that she was dropping of Nicky Ajose, a comment she has since "liked"

I've a new fwend!!

She has "liked" EVERY reply to her tweet...
    She also included the hashtag: "positive"
    I think maybe the club staff are under orders to be super nice now? and it is obviously working (on you) :smiley:
  • Taxi_Lad said:

colin1961 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

colin1961 said:

seth plum said:

What 50 quid
    Keep a player who asked to go out on loan to get game play .. he was 4th choice, Tal Ben H and Bikey were superb and let's not forget the long unbeaten run at the start of any season , he played one game against Birmingham in that run and guess who made the mistake for there goal to make it 1-1 ..... An average centre half no near as good as Bauer or Jorge T or at the time TBH, Bikey or Gomaz
    Colin, I've stuck up for you recently but comments like that do not do yourself any favours.
    I make Colin right on all counts! TBH was for half a season one of the best CBs we've ever had, Bikey scared strikers into letting him take the ball with ease and Bauer was class until his injury. Tex was very solid but probably on a par with Morro.
    The only issue was we let him go on a free. Would have been nice to keep him as cover but he wanted to play and you can't blame him for that
    And over night bikey became a liability and at that point morro had gone

A question.....who out of bikey, tbh, tex and Bauer plays at the highest domestic level?

Jokingly I did respond to Tracey Leaburn's tweet by suggesting that she was dropping of Nicky Ajose, a comment she has since "liked"

I've a new fwend!!

I think maybe the club staff are under orders to be super nice now? and it is obviously working (on you) :smiley:
    You mean I dont (lip wobbles) have a new fwend? :cry:
  • Taxi_Lad said:

colin1961 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

colin1961 said:

seth plum said:

What 50 quid

A question.....who out of bikey, tbh, tex and Bauer plays at the highest domestic level?
    Bauer... He's 6.3ft whilst Morrison is only 6fr

I've a new fwend!!

You mean I dont (lip wobbles) have a new fwend? :cry:
    Sure you do, I'm sorry.
    I'm certain you'll be going around to Tracey and Carl's for tea in no time. (he'll not be able to finish his)
  • Taxi_Lad said:

colin1961 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

colin1961 said:

seth plum said:

What 50 quid

Hindsight is a wonderful thing
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps having a decent midfield at Birmingham has helped Morrison improve.
  • 1/2 time score ... CAFC 0 .. Old Knackered Truck Tyres 3

Now that is funny.

many thanks me old mucker ((:>) .. alas, it's not an original .. the original (way back in the 70s) was along the lines of .. 'how did it go when you used the dustbins to dribble round in practice' .. answer: 'all right but it ended up with the dustbins winning 6-0' ..
  • Not saying Morro wasn't/isn't decent but clubs can only have so many "decent" players for the same position
  • Crusty54 said:

Perhaps having a decent midfield at Birmingham has helped Morrison improve.

Quite possible or was it the good manager who had who recognised his abilities and utilised them.

A young manager, former Charlton player and captain, who was managing at a club, at that time, in a lower division in England when Birmingham took him on.
  • Ben18 said:

And he wasn't our 4th choice centre back. He was ahead of Gomez at the time who was seen as the back up right back.

Also, at the time Morrison was loaned to Birmingham, Gomez was injured and hadn't played for a month since the win at Norwich. He didn't feature in the match day squad for a couple of weeks after Morrison left.

They released him (to clear his wages) and signed Oguchi Onyewu as a cheap replacement.

Thanks, I'd forgotten Onyewu. Which Championship side is he captaining now?
  • edited June 2016

Good to see a professional footballer preparing for life after retirement from football with a career at Kwik Fit. Always thinking ahead.
  • Ben18 said:

And he wasn't our 4th choice centre back. He was ahead of Gomez at the time who was seen as the back up right back.

Also, at the time Morrison was loaned to Birmingham, Gomez was injured and hadn't played for a month since the win at Norwich. He didn't feature in the match day squad for a couple of weeks after Morrison left.

They released him (to clear his wages) and signed Oguchi Onyewu as a cheap replacement.

a big old lump and unlike Morrison VERY good in the air .. alas, also unlike Morrison, he was as mobile as the Statue of Liberty