Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• keep cousins let diarra and kashi go

These players are not chess pieces. You have to take into consideration what they want too.

If Cousins wanted to stay he would stay. I doubt we are forcing him out the door. Same for Diarra and Kashi.

• Scott Young coming in as assistant manger I think
  • Scott Young coming in as assistant manger I think

The one with links to Cardiff I am guessing?
  • If keeping Kashi was an option then it's very significant. Fantastic player.
  • Yes. Lennie Lawrence has just taken the assistant manager role at Cardiff. Scott was assistant there to Slade.
  • Spent all his career in Welsh football or in English football but at a Welsh club, not sure a sheep worrier is going to like sunny SE London where the closest thing to sheep is some old mutton in Venue on a Friday night...
  • vff said:

colin1961 said:

keep cousins let diarra and kashi go

Having a laugh , for all his excellent work cousins final ball is awful ...
    Keep Kashi and the title is ours
    Why @colin1961 do you always slag off / undermine decent / generally popular Charlton players that have come up from the Academy (that Meire is trying to offload) and lionise the new players brought in under Duchatelet ?
    He's a WUM

He does it to get a rise and take heat from other forum users - Histrionic Personality Disorder
  • Well I for one will be gutted when Cousins leaves, he may not be the finished article yet but he is far too good for us and at the right club he will flourish. He also cares about this club.

On the plus side the idiots won't replace him with one of their players, as long as Slade is allowed to recruit.
  • Sponsored links:

• If keeping Kashi was an option then it's very significant. Fantastic player.

I agree , great player. Hope we can keep him.
  • Keeping Kashi fit would be even more impressive.
  • Diarra / Kashi v Cousins are three completely different Midfielders so getting rid of one to keep the others is stupid.

Cousins will get up and down the pitch covering every blade of grass... Kashi / Diarra on the other hand will sit in front of the back four and simply either be the one who starts and attack or be a pitbull and be the last obstacle before the opposition get to the Defence.

The fact we're looking for a Centre-Back and Holding Midfielder (Going by RedHenry here) sounds interesting as could either mean we're about to lose one of Diarra or Kashi (i.e. the CDM will be replace them) or Diarra is being seen as a Centre-Back this season and the Holding Midfield will be coming in as competition (or as a replacement) for Kashi.
  • Cousins is a decent player in midfield, but hardly irreplaceable, especially playing in L1. Danny Hollands and Darel Russell did much the same job as he did.

He made lots of England youth appearances playing RB, but none since moving to midfield. Maybe RB is long term his better position, most full backs these days are expected to spend all their time running up and and down the flanks
  • The plan is Vetokele will go on loan and come back firing when we are in the champ.
  • Gutted Cousins is leaving. Just like Stephens has I can see him doing very well at Brighton
  • That's why he wasn't sold apparently
  • Redhenry said:

That's why he wasn't sold apparently

or the loaning club can't afford the fee Meire wants
  • JBG, Cousins, Harriott, Fox are all off by the sounds of it. Haven't heard anything about Tex, but if his salary is high, I guess he'll be off too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope we get Davis in!
  • http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118782

Slade challenging the imports to prove their worth.
  • Redhenry said:

The plan is Vetokele will go on loan and come back firing when we are in the champ.

Risky game. Things rarely go exactly to plan. Good to see they are aiming for promotion but to expect it like that could easily backfire. Dare I say it, it may demonstrate they have underestimated the quality of the league we are in?
  • Essex_Al said:

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118782

Interesting... Good to see that many wont just be shipped out because they're foreign and were part of a relegation season
  • Essex_Al said:

Surely every player who wants to be in the team has to prove their worth.

• Maybe, I don't know.
  • Obviously Bauer needs to get fit. But looking at Slades comments above, imagine if we kept Kashi, Bauer and Texeria?

I could take losing JBG (which was inevitable anyway), Cousins, Harriott, Fox.

Pope

Solly
    Tex
    Bauer
    Holmes-Dennis

Holmes
    Kashi
    New CM
    New LM

Watt
    Ajose

• Shrew said:

Essex_Al said:

Surely every player who wants to be in the team has to prove their worth.

Of course, but I think RS is testing to see if they are up for the fight of a very long season ahead.