Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Cousins is hugely overrated on here, he has passion and desire to win, but IMO and I'm happy for someone to pull me up on this in the future if I am wrong, he will never be any better than top half championship to yoyo prem/champ player as a CM.

If he reverts to RB then I can see him getting in to the big game again as he's strong and battles hard and can cross well.

Whenever I saw him play at right back in the youth teams, he was awful
  • I've heard a rumour to say Kilgallon will sign in the next few days.
  • I can imagine the quotes from Michael Turner...

"I am delighted to be back home...this is my club...always looked out for Charlton's result...Once I realised my legs had gone and I made Phil Chapple look like Usain Bolt I looked around for a team and once I found out Roger Johnson was here I knew I could oust him. I want to bring us back to where we belong...hard work begins here...thanks Katrien for making this happen"

I've corrected it slightly

• IT_Andy said:

I've heard a rumour to say Kilgallon will sign in the next few days.

for whom?
  • IT_Andy said:

I've heard a rumour to say Kilgallon will sign in the next few days.

Also been told he wants over 10 grand a week and a large signing on fee (free agent), so dont see that happening.
  • cfgs said:

colin1961 said:

cfgs said:

colin1961 said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

keep cousins let diarra and kashi go

Having a laugh , for all his excellent work cousins final ball is awful ...
    Keep Kashi and the title is ours
    Why @colin1961 do you always slag off / undermine decent / generally popular Charlton players that have come up from the Academy (that Meire is trying to offload) and lionise the new players brought in under Duchatelet ?
    So you think cousins is better than Kashi ..... sorry mate just because he is a Charlton player through the ranks does not mean he don't have faults , get the rose tinted glasses off and you will see cousins first touch and passing is way below it should be and that's why he being linked with teams like Brighton and Birminghsm and not better teams in the championship
    Whilst nobody is trying to buy Kashi, so by your own argument you are proving that Cousins is better than Kashi. ;)
    Only because Kashi been out injured ..... When he returned at Leeds the Leeds reporters said Kashi was the best player they had seen this season
    If Kashi had stayed fit we would have still been a championship team
    Kashi seems to be very good however he is 27 and therefore in his prime, Cousins will continue to improve given better coaching than he has recently at Charlton. Also I would say only JBG and Henderson have been complete successes of all the players that this lot have brought in. Kashi, Bauer and Diarra have all looked the business but none of them have stayed fit long enough to show whether they are that good or simply having a decent run, even Ba looked good at first before he got to show how poor he is.
    Can we have some rumours that Henderson is being linked with any club!
  • wmcf123 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Cousins is hugely overrated on here, he has passion and desire to win, but IMO and I'm happy for someone to pull me up on this in the future if I am wrong, he will never be any better than top half championship to yoyo prem/champ player as a CM.

If he reverts to RB then I can see him getting in to the big game again as he's strong and battles hard and can cross well.

Whenever I saw him play at right back in the youth teams, he was awful
    Worrying I saw him once in the youth and saw the Leeds game full footage and both times he was at RB he looked more natural than some have for us in recent years.
  • Everybody has forgotten about Johnnie Jackson when discussing our midfielders by the way
  • Dizzle said:

Everybody has forgotten about Johnnie Jackson when discussing our midfielders by the way

legs have gone -Colin1961
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Dizzle said:

Everybody has forgotten about Johnnie Jackson when discussing our midfielders by the way

legs have gone -Colin1961
    If his legs had gone in '61...
  • Bergdich, the invisible/forgotten man .. whenever I have seen him he has done OK .. IF Fox goes, he is worth considering as an attacking full back, especially in this lower division

Still prefer him as a Left-Midfielder, he scares me defensively
    Did Bergdich actually start a game at left back for us last season? I think he ended up there v Fulham but can't remember him starting there. On that basis, he might do ok at left back.

Liked Kilgallon when he was at Sheff Utd (when they knocked us out of the FA Cup at Brammall Lane) but has suffered a lot of injuries and been out of starting XIs quite a lot.
  • Dizzle said:

Assistant coach to the first team coach manager to the first team Manager.
  • Simonsen said:

Bergdich, the invisible/forgotten man .. whenever I have seen him he has done OK .. IF Fox goes, he is worth considering as an attacking full back, especially in this lower division

Did Bergdich actually start a game at left back for us last season? I think he ended up there v Fulham but can't remember him starting there. On that basis, he might do ok at left back.

Liked Kilgallon when he was at Sheff Utd (when they knocked us out of the FA Cup at Brammall Lane) but has suffered a lot of injuries and been out of starting XIs quite a lot.
    Bergdich? If you want a full back who has no idea about defensive positioning, can't tackle, can't head the ball and can't pass he'd be ideal.
  • Cousins is a decent player in midfield, but hardly irreplaceable, especially playing in L1. Danny Hollands and Darel Russell did much the same job as he did.

He made lots of England youth appearances playing RB, but none since moving to midfield. Maybe RB is long term his better position, most full backs these days are expected to spend all their time running up and and down the flanks

Whatever happened to Danny Hollands? I though he did a decent job throughout our Div 1 Championship season and wouldn't mind seeing him back.
  • Cousins is a decent player in midfield, but hardly irreplaceable, especially playing in L1. Danny Hollands and Darel Russell did much the same job as he did.

He made lots of England youth appearances playing RB, but none since moving to midfield. Maybe RB is long term his better position, most full backs these days are expected to spend all their time running up and and down the flanks

Whatever happened to Danny Hollands? I though he did a decent job throughout our Div 1 Championship season and wouldn't mind seeing him back.
    Portsmouth

• Bergdich? If you want a full back who has no idea about defensive positioning, can't tackle, can't head the ball and can't pass he'd be ideal.

Fair enough. You've seen him play left-back. I haven't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Turner over wheater and kilgallon for me, the latter two hve played very few full seasons due to injuries. Last thing we need is another crocked signing.
  • Turner was /is on monster dough at Norwich so unless his contract is up or norwich pay up a large part of whatever is remaining can not see him realistically turning up to our circus
  • Didn't Michael Turner say last season that he had spoken to friends at the club and we were a basket case ?
  • Didn't Michael Turner say last season that he had spoken to friends at the club and we were a basket case ?

A basket case willing to pay wages to injury prone players past their prime (c.f. Johnson, Roger). For enough money he'd probably deal with the hassle.
  • Could Turner be the bargaining tool for any deal for JBG with Norwich? A loan deal for Turner with a high percentage of wages being paid and JBG for £5mill (we can hope).
  • cafcfan said:

Simonsen said:

Bergdich, the invisible/forgotten man .. whenever I have seen him he has done OK .. IF Fox goes, he is worth considering as an attacking full back, especially in this lower division

Bergdich? If you want a full back who has no idea about defensive positioning, can't tackle, can't head the ball and can't pass he'd be ideal.
    And a woman beater!
  • I heard we were interested in Scott Wootton but there is some sort of problem with his contract at Leeds.
  • cafcfan said:

Simonsen said:

Yeah, no need when we've already got Fox...

he spoke with players when we played norwich season before and they said that
  • If we can build a squad of competent journeymen at this level who knit as a team then we'll be in with a shout. I wouldn't say any of our current players are outstanding - some are okay but none are irreplaceable.
    Have to see more of Kashi before I feel able to pass judgement. Regarding Cousins he's okay but hasn't kicked on as much as I'd expected.
    Still concerned about our centre backs for next season and whether we'll have any creativity in midfield.