Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• vff said:

colin1961 said:

keep cousins let diarra and kashi go

Having a laugh , for all his excellent work cousins final ball is awful ...
    Keep Kashi and the title is ours
    Why @colin1961 do you always slag off / undermine decent / generally popular Charlton players that have come up from the Academy (that Meire is trying to offload) and lionise the new players brought in under Duchatelet ?
    He's a WUM

He does it to get a rise and take heat from other forum users - Histrionic Personality Disorder
    Or in other words, a sad individual.
  • Redhenry said:

JBG, Cousins, Harriott, Fox are all off by the sounds of it. Haven't heard anything about Tex, but if his salary is high, I guess he'll be off too.

Losing Harriott would be unique (meaning weird), he has proved himself in this league and with JBG going we are hardly overrun with wide men; I would be surprised if Callys wages are huge.

Fox I am not bothered, if we get cash for him then great.

JBG is inevitable and he would not be interested in L1.

Cousins a shame as I think he is the natural replacement for Solly at some point. He will make an excellent RB, doesn't have the creativity for CM.
  • Swisdom said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

Why @colin1961 do you always slag off / undermine decent / generally popular Charlton players that have come up from the Academy (that Meire is trying to offload) and lionise the new players brought in under Duchatelet ?
    For all his faults, Colin is right in what he says. Kashi has potential to be a superb player for us.

I love Jordan Cousins but I can't see him staying so we might as well cash in. His final ball just hasn't improved and maybe a change of scenery will do him good.
    I think we will come to regret letting cousins go far more than the likes of Kermorgant Stephens or Morrison.

Will go on to be far better than Charlton.
    I don't disagree - I'm one of his biggest fans. If his passing were better he'd be a premier league player.

But he is not likely to play in the 3rd tier when he will undoubtedly have bigger and better offers

• colin1961 said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

So you think cousins is better than Kashi ..... sorry mate just because he is a Charlton player through the ranks does not mean he don't have faults , get the rose tinted glasses off and you will see cousins first touch and passing is way below it should be and that's why he being linked with teams like Brighton and Birminghsm and not better teams in the championship
    Whilst nobody is trying to buy Kashi, so by your own argument you are proving that Cousins is better than Kashi. ;)
  • No idea what level the 3 CBs are playing at now. Wheater is only 29, which is surprising
  • Sponsored links:

• All names I have heard of. Wasn't Wheater meant to be a decent player a few years back, with decent level sides sniffing around?
  • sam3110 said:

All names I have heard of. Wasn't Wheater meant to be a decent player a few years back, with decent level sides sniffing around?

Yeah he was part of the really good Middlesbrough Academy that produced Downing / Johnson etc. he was supposed to go on to great things yet moved to Bolton and did the opposite of what Gary Cahill managed going there.
  • colin1961 said:

cfgs said:

colin1961 said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

So you think cousins is better than Kashi ..... sorry mate just because he is a Charlton player through the ranks does not mean he don't have faults , get the rose tinted glasses off and you will see cousins first touch and passing is way below it should be and that's why he being linked with teams like Brighton and Birminghsm and not better teams in the championship
    Whilst nobody is trying to buy Kashi, so by your own argument you are proving that Cousins is better than Kashi. ;)
    Only because Kashi been out injured ..... When he returned at Leeds the Leeds reporters said Kashi was the best player they had seen this season
    If Kashi had stayed fit we would have still been a championship team
    He was OK up at Leeds that day. Gudmundsson and Pope were far better at Elland Road.
  • colin1961 said:

cfgs said:

colin1961 said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

Only because Kashi been out injured ..... When he returned at Leeds the Leeds reporters said Kashi was the best player they had seen this season
    If Kashi had stayed fit we would have still been a championship team
    Kashi seems to be very good however he is 27 and therefore in his prime, Cousins will continue to improve given better coaching than he has recently at Charlton. Also I would say only JBG and Henderson have been complete successes of all the players that this lot have brought in. Kashi, Bauer and Diarra have all looked the business but none of them have stayed fit long enough to show whether they are that good or simply having a decent run, even Ba looked good at first before he got to show how poor he is.
  • Obviously Bauer needs to get fit. But looking at Slades comments above, imagine if we kept Kashi, Bauer and Texeria?

I could take losing JBG (which was inevitable anyway), Cousins, Harriott, Fox.

Pope

Solly
    Tex
    Bauer
    Holmes-Dennis

Holmes
    Kashi
    New CM
    New LM

Watt
    Ajose

Hmm Watt is the benefit of keeping Anthony Watt? With Novak signed we need that money to get an attacking CM and a new LM unless Ceballos is deemed good enough for league 1?
  • edited June 2016

Redhenry said:

JBG, Cousins, Harriott, Fox are all off by the sounds of it. Haven't heard anything about Tex, but if his salary is high, I guess he'll be off too.

Losing Harriott would be unique (meaning weird), he has proved himself in this league and with JBG going we are hardly overrun with wide men; I would be surprised if Callys wages are huge.

Fox I am not bothered, if we get cash for him then great.

JBG is inevitable and he would not be interested in L1.

Cousins a shame as I think he is the natural replacement for Solly at some point. He will make an excellent RB, doesn't have the creativity for CM.
    He was originally a RB wasn't he? I vaguely remember that being where he was in the unders and what earned him his first team place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Turner .. on loan at Norwich from the Owls .. we all know his history
    Kilgallon .. at Blackburn .. was highly rated at (I think) Sunderland about 6/8 years ago .. blighted by injury
    Wheater .. at Bolton .. again highly rated at 'Boro a few years back .. now not so hot at all

Turner, a Lewisham boy would do me .. I wonder if the other two would really be much of an improvement over Johns(s)on .. all very decent in their day, all shop worn and past their optimum sell by date nowadays

Turner is a Norwich player, and still under contract there
  • Dazzler21 said:

Obviously Bauer needs to get fit. But looking at Slades comments above, imagine if we kept Kashi, Bauer and Texeria?

I could take losing JBG (which was inevitable anyway), Cousins, Harriott, Fox.

Pope

Solly
    Tex
    Bauer
    Holmes-Dennis

Holmes
    Kashi
    New CM
    New LM

Watt
    Ajose

Hmm Watt is the benefit of keeping Anthony Watt? With Novak signed we need that money to get an attacking CM and a new LM unless Ceballos is deemed good enough for league 1?
    Sounds from the article that Ceballos will be one of those leaving...
  • Turner .. on loan at Norwich from the Owls .. we all know his history
    Kilgallon .. at Blackburn .. was highly rated at (I think) Sunderland about 6/8 years ago .. blighted by injury
    Wheater .. at Bolton .. again highly rated at 'Boro a few years back .. now not so hot at all

Turner, a Lewisham boy would do me .. I wonder if the other two would really be much of an improvement over Johns(s)on .. all very decent in their day, all shop worn and past their optimum sell by date nowadays

Turner is a Norwich player, and still under contract there
    you're right, I had that the wrong way round, on loan at Sheff W from Norwich

Bergdich, the invisible/forgotten man .. whenever I have seen him he has done OK .. IF Fox goes, he is worth considering as an attacking full back, especially in this lower division

Still prefer him as a Left-Midfielder, he scares me defensively
    agreed, my thought was that we need to play aggressively to get out of this division, need to attack and Bergdich can do that from deep, he has the pace and no little skill .. and we still have no real idea of who will be in our midfield come August

• So Turner could be coming back "home", what is this fascination with signing old players? I am sure @Henry Irving shares my confusion ;)
  • Essex_Al said:
    Undisclosed.
  • Wheater was on big money so would be surprised if that happened. Turner hasn't really done anything for a couple of years but it would fit with him wanting to come back to London. Killgallon will stay up north.
  • edited June 2016

I rarely make any predictions about any player. I will however predict Cousins, fitness allowing, will become an established PL fullback.

The guy has done an excellent job in fitting in all over the midfield for the benefit of the team simply because he has enough about him to make a contribution whether it is sitting in front of Fox, playing the Centre Defensive role or providing the legs to supply the box to box competition needed.

For me the guy has natural defender written all over him, where I could see him slotting into Central Defence.

He has taken one for the team for far too long simply because Solly has provided an outstanding service in his own right.

Had the club been blessed with better resources he would have been my first choice right back.

However fitness again allowing we have the quality of Solly so the lad needs to get out from under that restriction and find his own niche somewhere else while the club uses the funds to strengthen elsewhere.

I wish it were otherwise but after the last 2yrs he needs to kick on with his career.

100% agree .. excellent analysis as ever .. AFTERthought .. Cousins could develop into a right sided Danny Rose, he has the same determination and pace .. no world beater just VERY efficient at league level