Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Newcastle in for Dwight Gayle as well (may have been mentioned earlier) for £10m

10 mil ?? .. Benitez has lost a bit of sense of proportion if that's true .. does he ever do 90 minutes ?
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10328206/crystal-palaces-dwight-gayle-set-for-newcastle-medical-sky-sources

Says 9 here but 10 on the BBC website. Lot of money, but he will get a lot of goals for them.
    that's Dwight .. a 9 or 10 minute man ((:>)
  • Wish we could have a Charlton only transfer rumours thread. I couldn't give two fecks what Newcastle are doing.

Charlton are expected to open talks with a player.
    Source?
  • vff said:

colin1961 said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

keep cousins let diarra and kashi go

Having a laugh , for all his excellent work cousins final ball is awful ...
    Keep Kashi and the title is ours
    Why @colin1961 do you always slag off / undermine decent / generally popular Charlton players that have come up from the Academy (that Meire is trying to offload) and lionise the new players brought in under Duchatelet ?
    So you think cousins is better than Kashi ..... sorry mate just because he is a Charlton player through the ranks does not mean he don't have faults , get the rose tinted glasses off and you will see cousins first touch and passing is way below it should be and that's why he being linked with teams like Brighton and Birminghsm and not better teams in the championship
    Thank you for the total misunderstanding of my point. It is not an either / or situation. I didn't compare Cousins to Kashi. I never claimed that Cousins was perfect. In any case they are different type of players. Kashi may hopefully be OK but it is difficult to tell how that would work over a whole season. The comparison of players is going on in your head not mine.

So you can shove the rose tinted glasses and your comment up the arse of the Belgian CEO you are constantly attempting to crawl up into. The only reason for Cousins to go is that he is a good player, who deserves better than League One and will likely prosper in a decent football team, which did not have gaping holes positionally all over the pitch. Personally, I would love Cousins to stay, as he is still developing as a footballer and getter better. If the team has a decent squad with all positions covered, would be a vital part of the team.

My general observation is that you @colin1961 constantly undermine Charlton players, who have come up through the Academy, who coincidentally Meire wants to sell whilst emphasing how wonderful, the players brought in under Meire are. You do this continually. It is pretty shabby, & totally not needed.
    What an eloquent put-down, have a "like".
  • Have a like from me to.
  • vff said:

colin1961 said:

vff said:

colin1961 said:

keep cousins let diarra and kashi go

Having a laugh , for all his excellent work cousins final ball is awful ...
    Keep Kashi and the title is ours
    Why @colin1961 do you always slag off / undermine decent / generally popular Charlton players that have come up from the Academy (that Meire is trying to offload) and lionise the new players brought in under Duchatelet ?
    So you think cousins is better than Kashi ..... sorry mate just because he is a Charlton player through the ranks does not mean he don't have faults , get the rose tinted glasses off and you will see cousins first touch and passing is way below it should be and that's why he being linked with teams like Brighton and Birminghsm and not better teams in the championship
    Thank you for the total misunderstanding of my point. It is not an either / or situation. I didn't compare Cousins to Kashi. I never claimed that Cousins was perfect. In any case they are different type of players. Kashi may hopefully be OK but it is difficult to tell how that would work over a whole season. The comparison of players is going on in your head not mine.

So you can shove the rose tinted glasses and your comment up the arse of the Belgian CEO you are constantly attempting to crawl up into. The only reason for Cousins to go is that he is a good player, who deserves better than League One and will likely prosper in a decent football team, which did not have gaping holes positionally all over the pitch. Personally, I would love Cousins to stay, as he is still developing as a footballer and getter better. If the team has a decent squad with all positions covered, would be a vital part of the team.

My general observation is that you @colin1961 constantly undermine Charlton players, who have come up through the Academy, who coincidentally Meire wants to sell whilst emphasing how wonderful, the players brought in under Meire are. You do this continually. It is pretty shabby, & totally not needed.
  • Michael Turner is a Tottenham fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• hayden mullins could do a job
  • seth plum said:

Michael Turner is a Tottenham fan.

Does he crumple under pressure as well?
  • Three Bournemouth players on loan I heard.

Plus a 1000 fans on loan for the upper east stand for the season?
  • Michael Turner is a good bloke. Much more the Phil Parkinson type than the Steve Evans type.
    I don't see Michael as any kind of long term solution if we sign him, and his current wages must be pretty high. Thats if he is still contracted at Norwich, I'm not sure.
  • Experienced player, has captained sides, familiar with the league, familiar with the club. Seems ideal to play along side Lennon and hopefully help nurture his talent. I'd be happy with that. Even more so if Bauer and/or Tex stays.
  • Michael Turner really!!! Think about it people please it's as daft as the Ravel Morrison rumours of last year
  • Turner thing has a small chance , contact has been made
  • Sponsored links:

• Michael Turner really!!! Think about it people please it's as daft as the Ravel Morrison rumours of last year

Why is it potentially daft?
  • BARNSLEY BID FOR BRADSHAW

Barnsley have made a second bid of £350,000 for Walsall striker Tom Bradshaw, reports the Daily Mail.

The Championship side had an original offer of £250,000 rejected by the Saddlers, who value their 20-goal forward nearer to £750,000.

Preston and Birmingham are also thought to be interested in Bradshaw, who has one international cap for Wales.

C'mon Charlton if he's worth around the same amount as Ajose then go get him!!

Barnsley have made a second bid of £350,000 for Walsall striker Tom Bradshaw, reports the Daily Mail.

The Championship side had an original offer of £250,000 rejected by the Saddlers, who value their 20-goal forward nearer to £750,000.

Preston and Birmingham are also thought to be interested in Bradshaw, who has one international cap for Wales.

If Simon Church is in the Wales squad and Tom Bradshaw isn't.....I'm out
    Bradshaw got injured in the training camp so had to drop out.

if Barnsley sign Bradshaw, then they will have him and Winnall, the ex Scunny striker who scored a few last year .. BUT .. they are very similar, could Winnall be up for grabs ? .. no chance, BUT I'd love to see Winnall join us .. BUT then again we now have Nowak and Ajose ((:>)
  • Watt will never fulfil his potential - about as likely as England winning the Euros.

That seems to be the case but Watt is now coming up 25 and at some point he needs to do something. He now at the point where his football future is in real doubt unless he wants to drop down through the ranks or give up altogether.

Perhaps Slade can get this accross to him and get him to put in a real shift for the season. Frankly he either gets back on track or he's finished as a serious footballer.