Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• edited June 2016
  • edited June 2016
    Interesting story breaking about a windfall for Roland. I wonder if we will see any of it.

Apparently part of the deal for selling Standard Liege to the guy he sold it to - Roland said he wanted to keep the "30% sell on clause" in Michy Batshuayi's contract. The same one who is about to sign for Chelsea for £33m

So that's apparently £9.9m in Roly's back pocket - more on this as it breaks.

Back to Graham in the studio
  • Shit I'd forgotten about Rod Fanni !!!!

Yet another milestone in a fantastic season gone...

• Swisdom said:

Interesting story breaking about a windfall for Roland. I wonder if we will see any of it.

Apparently part of the deal for selling Standard Liege to the guy he sold it to - Roland said he wanted to keep the "30% sell on clause" in Michy Batshuayi's contract. The same one who is about to sign for Chelsea for £33m

Third party ownership?
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:

Southbank said:
    break a leg tex ((:>)
    Actually, don't hold anything against him at all, and genuinely hope he does well wherever he ends up. Scored more goals in half a season than most of our ''strikers'' did in a whole season, some of them pretty important at the time and frankly managed to look competent in the worst defence Charlton have had for a long, long time.
    Agreed.

Would rather have Tex than Wheater, Kilgallon, or Turner. Tex looked very good on the ball, far better than any of those three. Hopefully he only leaves via a lone and comes back.
  • Fecking SLP website freezes my phone every time!
  • edited June 2016
  • thenewbie said:

Southbank said:
    Actually, don't hold anything against him at all, and genuinely hope he does well wherever he ends up. Scored more goals in half a season than most of our ''strikers'' did in a whole season, some of them pretty important at the time and frankly managed to look competent in the worst defence Charlton have had for a long, long time.
    I think you missed the point .. I did not mean that literally I hope Tex gets a bad injury .. break a leg is a thespian joke meaning that the person saying it is wishing the recipient luck, i.e. the opposite .. have you never heard that expression before ? ..
    However, Tex signed a long term deal with us and now wants out .. I would hope that in years to come, as with non EU players at present, a number of international caps is required to prove that the player is of good standard ..Tex would not meet this criteria and if he broke his deal with CAFC that would mean he could not sign for another English club .. Tex is a quitter, good riddance IF he goes

• Ibrahomivich is joining Man Utd
  • thenewbie said:

Southbank said:
    I think you missed the point .. I did not mean that literally I hope Tex gets a bad injury .. break a leg is a thespian joke meaning that the person saying it is wishing the recipient luck, i.e. the opposite .. have you never heard that expression before ? ..
    However, Tex signed a long term deal with us and now wants out .. I would hope that in years to come, as with non EU players at present, a number of international caps is required to prove that the player is of good standard ..Tex would not meet this criteria and if he broke his deal with CAFC that would mean he could not sign for another English club .. Tex is a quitter, good riddance IF he goes

Sure, the club can't afford the wages he deserves. And yes, okay, it's run by a stooge to a madman. It's not as if he totally hasn't proven himself at a higher level before. But other than that... yep, total quitter.
  • thenewbie said:

Southbank said:

So, with similar rules as for non-EU players, would we be able to sign him in the first place?

I don't recall a massive number of caps.
  • thenewbie said:

Southbank said:

So, with similar rules as for non-EU players, would we be able to sign him in the first place?

as I understand the position, any EU passport holder is free to be signed by any English/Brit club irrespective of 'ability' .. the freedom of movement EU rules apply ...
    Non EU passport holders, must be of 'very good quality', essentially measured by the number of international caps the player has, for him to obtain a UK work permit .. I am not sure if 100 Argentinian caps is equal to 100 (say) Cambodian caps but you get the picture ..
    Presumably when eventually the UK is free from the EU freedom of movement rules, the present non EU rules will apply to everyone coming from foreign countries .. this will surely give more opportunity to young British players ..
  • Swisdom said:

Third party ownership?
    I was thinking the same thing - if it's true. But maybe it's just an agreement that SL use any proceeds to pay down their (rumored) debt to Roly. That might be viewed differently.
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:

Southbank said:

as I understand the position, any EU passport holder is free to be signed by any English/Brit club irrespective of 'ability' .. the freedom of movement EU rules apply ...
    Non EU passport holders, must be of 'very good quality', essentially measured by the number of international caps the player has, for him to obtain a UK work permit .. I am not sure if 100 Argentinian caps is equal to 100 (say) Cambodian caps but you get the picture ..
    Presumably when eventually the UK is free from the EU freedom of movement rules, the present non EU rules will apply to everyone coming from foreign countries .. this will surely give more opportunity to young British players ..
    I think the rules are a gaining a significant percentage of the caps available for a sufficiently high ranking team.

My suggestion was based in the idea of, if the rules changed, we would not be able to bring in players, such as Texeira, who could do a job in English football and be up to speed reasonably quickly (on the plus side, we wouldn't get the dross either). And, if we couldn't bring them in, we could hardly hold them to a contract.

As for young British players, I really doubt if there are sufficient coaching resources available (and possibly neither the desire or ability) to bring through enough good youngsters. If anything, Premier clubs would then have to hoover up more talent at junior levels to compete in Europe.
  • Swisdom said:

Or...Roland still actually owns Standard.
  • thenewbie said:

Southbank said:

I think the rules are a gaining a significant percentage of the caps available for a sufficiently high ranking team.

My suggestion was based in the idea of, if the rules changed, we would not be able to bring in players, such as Texeira, who could do a job in English football and be up to speed reasonably quickly (on the plus side, we wouldn't get the dross either). And, if we couldn't bring them in, we could hardly hold them to a contract.

As for young British players, I really doubt if there are sufficient coaching resources available (and possibly neither the desire or ability) to bring through enough good youngsters. If anything, Premier clubs would then have to hoover up more talent at junior levels to compete in Europe.
    I agree with most of this .. as you say, the non EU rule is sweet and sour .. miss out on some good uns yet avoid lots of dross ((:>)

As for coaches, there are a LOT of coaches in the UK, perhaps not as many as elsewhere, but still LOTS .. I just wonder if too many young men prefer computer games, puff and beer to a good old fashioned game of jumpers for goalposts .. who knows ((:>)
  • colin1961 said:

No surprise given his wages , plus he said goodbye on his Twitter account when the season finished
    Still on there with his profile picture wearing a Charlton shirt...and describes himself as a Charlton player.
  • Never let facts get in the way of a solidly expressed certainty.
  • Palace have signed Townsend for £13m, not really a rumour just an annoyance.

Also looking to bid for benteke (hope they pay a lot for him)
  • hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/30/report-suggests-controversial-charlton-athletic-owner-will-make/?

I haven't finished reading the article yet, but I love it already. Hover over the picture and see what it says to describe who is in the picture -"next to woman wearing green scarf". Brilliant