Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• seth plum said:

Watt is younger than 25. 22 isn't it?

Yeah isnt 23 till December
  • seth plum said:

Thought he was 24 ? Could be right though Seth. In which case he's still a bellend.
    That's Watt Seth. Not you ;0)

• seth plum said:

29 December 1993 so will be 23 in 6 months time.
  • Swisdom said:

ross1 said:
    No contest if its between us and Sheff Utd
    Presumably he's heard they'll come good this year

seth plum said:

That's the most frustrating thing about Watt.

He genuinely has fantastic ability. He does not play like a 22 year old at all. He is so comfortable in possession, adept at holding off the player. He doesn't play like someone of his age. If he could sort his head out he would go so much further than he currently is.
    I really hope uncle Russell gets the best out of him
    Russell has him at Cardiff and wanted to sign him but Cardiff had a transfer embargo.

He's certainly got the talent on the ball, if he could do the rest would be worth a fortune.
  • Swisdom said:

ross1 said:

seth plum said:

He genuinely has fantastic ability. He does not play like a 22 year old at all. He is so comfortable in possession, adept at holding off the player. He doesn't play like someone of his age. If he could sort his head out he would go so much further than he currently is.
    Agree, fitness of a 70 year old!
  • Swisdom said:

ross1 said:

seth plum said:

Russell has him at Cardiff and wanted to sign him but Cardiff had a transfer embargo.

He's certainly got the talent on the ball, if he could do the rest would be worth a fortune.
    Watt himself must by now be a little frustrated that he hasn't pushed on and established himself.

Slade got a good response from him at Cardiff and Watt was ready to sign permanently, but for the embargo.
    Maybe there's a situation arising where Watt thinks he'll be nurtured and supported by Slade at Charlton?

That's if Uncle Roland doesn't insist that Watt is just another cash opportunity.
    Anyway, isn't Watt still injured and likely to miss the beginning of the season?

• My only doubt with Watt is if he fancies it on the cliched cold Tuesday night at Oldham. At The Valley against third division defenders he'll likely be sensational.
  • He may be sensational if he gets his fitness levels up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Valley11 said:

My only doubt with Watt is if he fancies it on the cliched cold Tuesday night at Oldham. At The Valley against third division defenders he'll likely be sensational.

Watt's a Scot ...... cold days and nights are what he was brought up on.

• Macronate said:

Transfer rumours or Tony Watt's date of birth/nationality?

Well, there are no transfer rumours, even Colin's not posted today - and we've run out of things to say about Michael Morrison.

• Oggy Red said:

Valley11 said:

My only doubt with Watt is if he fancies it on the cliched cold Tuesday night at Oldham. At The Valley against third division defenders he'll likely be sensational.

Watt's a Scot ...... cold days and nights are what he was brought up on.

That's true.
  • That and booze, wimmin, fags and deep fried pizza.

• Macronate said:

Well at least it's about a Charlton player and not some git signing for Newcastle.

• Swisdom said:

It is becoming so apparent that Russell Slade knows the English league so much better than his predecessors, which isn't a surprise. I am slowly becoming optimistic that we won't be the same shower of 5h1t that we were for large parts of last season. I think he has made good signings to date. Support the team and not the regime.

The sooner we get out of the division the sooner Roland is likely to sell.

If we continue to protest, aggravate the football league and disrupt the team there's a chance of doing more harm than good.

Signing bright, young English players is a step in the right direction. The players we retain is likely to go a long way to defining the way the season goes. Keeping Tex, Kashi, Bauer and Pope will make is extremely strong in that division.

I'm excited to see a manager who seems to relish being the focal point and who has done well on shoestring budgets previously - lets see what he can do now he has a backer.

Fantastic. Who's his backer ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

It is becoming so apparent that Russell Slade knows the English league so much better than his predecessors, which isn't a surprise. I am slowly becoming optimistic that we won't be the same shower of 5h1t that we were for large parts of last season. I think he has made good signings to date. Support the team and not the regime.

And to think many people were saying last season they wanted relegation to force Roland to sell.

• Swisdom said:

If we continue to protest, aggravate the football league and disrupt the team there's a chance of doing more harm than good.

Signing bright, young English players is a step in the right direction. The players we retain is likely to go a long way to defining the way the season goes. Keeping Tex, Kashi, Bauer and Pope will make is extremely strong in that division.

I'm excited to see a manager who seems to relish being the focal point and who has done well on shoestring budgets previously - lets see what he can do now he has a backer.

Fantastic. Who's his backer ?
    Some Belgian fella who keeps opening his wallet

• Macronate said:

Well at least it's about a Charlton player and not some git signing for Newcastle.

You've done it now. He's going to sign for Newcastle
  • seth plum said:

We share a birthday although he's a couple of years older than me and a stone heavier. ;)
  • edited June 2016
    thenewbie said:

T.C.E said:

seth plum said:

We share a birthday although he's a couple of years older than me and a stone heavier. ;)
    You win its only 18 months older. ;)
  • Why are we not allowed to support this Ray Jeem fella?

Is he really that bad?
  • edited June 2016
    Any hint on who Slade is bringing in as his number two? Seems important to have that person in now as the squad gather back and start to suss out the new management team.