Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Vs Wales

Comments

• Options
    Goalkeeping for that free kick was shite, why was Hart so far over?
  • Options

All about passion Monkey Boy.

Love that from Neville, getting to the celebrations quicker than half the team!
  • Options
    What is it you do?
  • Options
    Roooooney!
  • Options
    Great win. Thought Roy made a mistake not changing sooner, but he did the right thing, we won (and against a packed defence it was always going to be tough) so credit to the man where it's due. We're not through yet, but at half time, we were in a mess, so that is a big result.
    English to the core me, but I 'll be supporting the Welsh against Russia.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely blinding. Squeezed in a packed pub, but thought we played poor and Wales put in a monumental shift for them. As we know, it is always the British that suffers bad luck, so it was lucky that we were playing a fellow British team!

Not sure now where this side is heading tbh or what should be our strongest 11 now.
  • Options
    Pleased with that from England. Didn't panic after the sucker punch vs Russia and gave plan A another try. Dominated possession and looked comfortable, if entirely non threatening, and then suffered another sucker punch but early enough to recover this time.

Much braver and better subs from Roy - showed there is a plan B. Got a slice of luck with the equaliser but after that the players stayed calm, didn't panic and showed some better in game management than vs Russia. Got their reward in the end. No one was really criticisng Spain when they took until late to over come stubborn Czech resistance despite dominating possession.

Walker was great, Rose and Dier okay, but the other Spurs boys look tired. Alli showed nice feet in setting up the winner but was poor up to that. Dier broke things up well but was a bit wasteful in possession, especially when passing forwards.

I felt a bit for Kane, with Sterling and Alli so poor behind him, he didn't get a lot of support and was mostly marked by three centre backs. His touch was poor though and Sturridge probably should have started as his quick feet and imagination was always likely to cause more problems to Wales when defending deep and in numbers. Kane looks tired too though.

Vardy was involved in both goals, a great contribution, but was still limited a bit by the lack of space in behind.

If I was Roy, I'd keep the same shape vs Slovakia, but freshen it up a bit - Sturridge for Kane, Rashford for Sterling and Wilshire for Alli. Three players with less miles on the clock this season. I think Vardy can have a big role to play in the later stages (assuming we get there) when better teams will come on to us more.
  • Options
    what the hell was the lino doing for Vardy's goal ???
  • Options
    came off Williams so a legal goal AFKA
  • Options
    imagelike that one did

A very good job.
  • Options

Who gives a fuck
  • Options

All about passion Monkey Boy.

Love that from Neville, getting to the celebrations quicker than half the team!
    Copying Guy Luzon
  • Options

Roooooney!

Just before he was squashed by a giant hand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WTF was that Welsh fan crying for? Inexcusable at any time at football let alone in a group game at 1-1?! What a wally.

• Options

Great win. Thought Roy made a mistake not changing sooner, but he did the right thing, we won (and against a packed defence it was always going to be tough) so credit to the man where it's due. We're not through yet, but at half time, we were in a mess, so that is a big result.
    English to the core me, but I 'll be supporting the Welsh against Russia.

Probably was a mistake in the context of one game, but in terms of not crucifying Sterling and Kane, it was just about spot on.
  • Options
    Been a few years since I've been in a packed pub for an England tournament game, but that was fooking brilliant.

Fully deserved.

Bale, do one.
  • Options

England fans in the marseille fan zones charged into the sea after we won. Just got back i hope my cards work

the French authorities and uefa have already made a statement condoning the charging of the sea and the sea will be looking to get its own back so stay safe out there.
  • Options
    Howard Webb made a good point on ITV...

The rules on whether Jamie Vardy was offside are based on how Ashley Williams touched the ball...

- Had he made an attempt to go for the ball, with the ball landing @ Vardy's feet then the attacking player wouldnt be offside.
    - Had it been accidental (i.e. had the ball hit Williams after hitting the post) then Vardy would have been offside.

Basically Webb explained how difficult it is as every Referee is allowed to make up their own minds as to how they basically view that rule.

Which in short means that the whole thing is a damned mess... Rules shouldn't be there for two people to see them differently, they should be created so that every loophole is clearly covered against... So in this case it should either be, Vardy was offside regardless or the fact that the ball hit an opposition player first means that Vardy was always onside...

Football needs to stop with the grey areas, there is too much riding on it now and its not fair that Referees should be subject to the abuse they get because all they're doing is what they're allowed to do

Especially as there have been threats to Referees in the past because of the decisions they've made (i.e. Chelsea v Barcelona etc.)
  • Options
    at last some last minute luck for England .. hats off to Uncle Roy for going for all out attack .. Vardy & Sturridge are just natural finishers .. Dier is sooo important in his role sweeping up in front of the backs and allowing all the front 5 and the full backs to get right on the attack .. Rooney had another terrific game, he's almost the new Bobby Charlton
  • Options
    Lino deserves a medal for spotting that as I was laughing at how far offside Vardy was.