Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Vs Wales

Comments

• Options
    Lallana and Rooney were good but Walker was quality. Would love to see how much ground he covered.
  • Options
    I thought only Sterling was poor, everyone else turned up especially Rooney, Lallana and Walker
  • Options

Lallana and Rooney were good but Walker was quality. Would love to see how much ground he covered.

Very true. If we go a long way in this tournament, Walker is going to need a very long holiday after. He's basically doing the work of 2 men down the right every game.
  • Options
    Bahhhhhhhh bahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Wilshere may have played as a holding midfielder for England, but that really isn't his position which is much more where Alli plays for England

How do we know where his position is?
    From where he plays for Arsenal, which isn't as the holding midfielder, but much as a playmaker
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Wilshere may have played as a holding midfielder for England, but that really isn't his position which is much more where Alli plays for England

How do we know where his position is?
    From where he plays for Arsenal, which isn't as the holding midfielder, but much as a playmaker
    But he never plays.

And I'm sure it can't be just me that sees how bad Walker is. Just because someone runs down the wing with the ball does not a good player make. His football intelligence is non existant. Had an absolute stinker for 60 minutes. Fair enough improved after that but only once Wales sat back and gave him 2/3rds of a pitch to run in to. Ask him to link up play or do something other than beat a man for pace and he looks like a dog you've just asked to explain the theory of relativity.
  • Options
    Because he runs around a bit. Straight out of the Arry handbook of management that.
  • Options
    Ian Wright spot on about what Bale said after the game saying they deserved more for what they gave??? Gave what? One free kick? Hart was a bystander in the second half. Bale is very deluded.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    1StevieG said:

Ian Wright spot on about what Bale said after the game saying they deserved more for what they gave??? Gave what? One free kick? Hart was a bystander in the second half. Bale is very deluded.

Think chimp boy has let his lofty position in Spain get the better of him...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

And I'm sure it can't be just me that sees how bad Walker is. Just because someone runs down the wing with the ball does not a good player make. His football intelligence is non existant. Had an absolute stinker for 60 minutes. Fair enough improved after that but only once Wales sat back and gave him 2/3rds of a pitch to run in to. Ask him to link up play or do something other than beat a man for pace and he looks like a dog you've just asked to explain the theory of relativity.

His absolutely unreal athleticism is an attribute though and he has the pace to make up for any mistakes and get straight down the other side of the pitch as a wide outlet in an instant. Was a few times I wanted him to take the other defender on a few times but he's a defender so he can't just try dribbling past players every single time and just fizz a ball across the box to no one in case he loses it and it becomes too predictable. I've always rated him and he's done nothing to suggest he's not our best full back so far.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Because he runs around a bit. Straight out of the Arry handbook of management that.

More to the point, runs right past defenders and gets some crosses in - something Sterling (an actual winger) notably failed to do with any real purpose. And it's not just pace that gets him past players, he's got a fair amount of skill for a defender as well. He's hardly the next coming of Cafu but he's a very long way from bad.
  • Options
    Bale has been backing himself and his team mates, nothing wrong with that, but... chat shit, get banged.

Wales can have no complaints, they came with the plan to defend and hit on the counter, but they only did the defending bit. Bale barely saw the ball, even less so actually in England's half. They nearly got away with it, thanks to Joe Hart's fluffed save, but when you give superior players that many cracks at breaking you down, usually they will eventually find a way through.
  • Options
    Keep it up lads. A whole new generation is watching.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

colthe3rd said:

More to the point, runs right past defenders and gets some crosses in - something Sterling (an actual winger) notably failed to do with any real purpose. And it's not just pace that gets him past players, he's got a fair amount of skill for a defender as well. He's hardly the next coming of Cafu but he's a very long way from bad.
    His crosse are generally poor, in that first half he hit numerous crosses that didn't beat the first man. If he can't beat a man for pace he usually ends up losing the ball. And I'm not sure why you are bringing Sterling up, I haven't said he had a good game (he didn't obviously).
  • Options
    Hart seems to want to show he's the boss. Kicking out to the full backs (went out for a throw to them each time), coming out of his box, shepherding the ball out of play etc. Goalkeepers are there to save the bloody ball, number one objective! Next up, stop allowing the oppositions best header of the ball to be picked up by our smallest plays! One of the centre halves needs to drop far post and mark them! Sterling is shit, out of confidence and lazy. Why play an out of form player?! Kane looks tired and leggy. Vardy has scored four goals in his last five games. It's not rocket science Woy! We can all see it, so act upon it!
  • Options
    Saw most of the game (missed first twenty) in a Paphos bar. Decent from England, but I really think a lot of you are writing off Harry Kane far too easily. (I would be tempted to play him, Vardy and Sturridge together with a Rooney/Alli/Dier trio behind)
  • Options
    Harry Kane is running in treacle at the moment. Not enough energy. Looks knackered.

Sterling has a peanut for a brain.

If Vardy plays, we needed a passer in midfield to play him in. Rooney is doing a great job in the deep playmaker role, but he needs a link-man to play into behind the CF. Alli & Lallana are both runners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great stuff from England. Wales can do it too. As can NI. Come on the UK!

• Options
    I said before in a previous post, that you need to find a way to get Vardy involved as much as possible.

For reasons that are possibly beyond our comprehension, he is having the run of his life at the moment, it won't last forever but we need to keep that letting that gold dust fall on us.

Sterling looks like a lost soul to me, no football brain and doesn't even to be able to do the basics for a wide player. It makes the decision to leave Townsend at home all the more bewildering, as he would have been a good option.

Sturridge is a class act, though given his fitness record we may not have seen the last of Harry Kane just yet!
  • Options
    Just back from the game. Absolute bedlam at the end, great scenes! Tough on Wales but our performances have merited four points and that's what we have.

Heroic effort from @GlassHalfFull to get out there for the game.
  • Options
    Was in Linekers in Tenerife for this game and I don't think I've ever seen anything like it when the winner went in.

Unbeliveable.

I love football.
  • Options
    Watched the game at the Irish bar, with some Welsh friends, had to listen to some yank moan about how boring football is for most of the game.....

What a great result! Get in! Neither Sterling or Kane can start next week, surely?
  • Options
    Get in!!! I've got to be up forwork in 2.5 hours, going to be a fun day
  • Options

I never really had any thoughts on Wales in general before this game, but after reading the comments by Ramsey and Bale, I hope we smash them to pieces. Hopefully one of hours will give Bale a kick early doors.

Not one of the England team for get in the Wales team? Ok monkey boy.

It was obviously a joke.
    Oh.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    colthe3rd said:

Errm Lallana was on the pitch for most of the second half and he was one of the best players today.

You can't just say "We need more goals. Play all the strikers!" and think that will actually work all of the time.

Of course you can't, but when you build a side at any level, you need to be mindful of this. Otherwise you have lots pf good players who dont get into the right positions or put the ball in the net enough. Of course there are so many tactical factors beyond that, but that has to be your starting point. It isn't about loading your team with strikers either- you have midfielders who know where the goal is and midfielders who never score- same with central defenders. You don't need every player to know where the goal is, but the team Woy started with was deficient in this area overall.
  • Options
    This probably leaves Kane on the bench for The Slovakia game, Hopefully sterling will be sitting with him.
  • Options

Bale has been backing himself and his team mates, nothing wrong with that, but... chat shit, get banged.

Wales can have no complaints, they came with the plan to defend and hit on the counter, but they only did the defending bit. Bale barely saw the ball, even less so actually in England's half. They nearly got away with it, thanks to Joe Hart's fluffed save, but when you give superior players that many cracks at breaking you down, usually they will eventually find a way through.

I never really had any thoughts on Wales in general before this game, but after reading the comments by Ramsey and Bale, I hope we smash them to pieces. Hopefully one of hours will give Bale a kick early doors.

Not one of the England team for get in the Wales team? Ok monkey boy.

It was obviously a joke.
    Oh.
    Bale will be feeling very sheepish this morning