Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Vs Wales

Comments

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Lino deserves a medal for spotting that as I was laughing at how far offside Vardy was.

He must have explained it to Bale as well because he ran over to him claiming it was Offside and yet they didnt talk for long
  • Options
    Set the bloody alarm for 4:30 for this so got up 90 minutes too early. Same old England in the first half. The equalizer shortly after half time was crucial and the winner in the last minute was just what we needed. Should do a bundle for their confidence. Now, can our young team push on?

Happy in California today.
  • Options

Top right hand corner

great spot
  • Options

I think we need to give Roy a break. This is a young side and each player will develop at different speeds and perform or not perform at their best in what became the biggest match in a fair while. If there's one thing I like, it's that they look like a team. As Charlton fans, we know all too well what a team looks like and what 11 individuals looks like.

This team will get better. I hope they do enough so that Roy has more time with them. Personally, great players though the likes of Lampard and Gerrard were, I always thought we never had a proper team.

If Gareth Bale might be wondering whether he helped to push us on by saying we lacked passion. I'm not too bothered by goal celebrations always but the one at the end summed it up for me. I just hope we hammer Slovakia and inexperience catches us out.

Agreed... I'd now love to see Kane / Sterling left on the bench against Slovakia.

I'm not Sterling's biggest fan but maybe bring them both on in the second half...

Its like France last night against Albania, they dropped two big players who hadnt performed against Romania, it sent them and the whole Nation a clear message confirming they didnt play well... Both questioned players came on in the second half and proved to Didier why they should be considered for a start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Howard Webb made a good point on ITV...

The rules on whether Jamie Vardy was offside are based on how Ashley Williams touched the ball...

- Had he made an attempt to go for the ball, with the ball landing @ Vardy's feet then the attacking player wouldnt be offside.
    - Had it been accidental (i.e. had the ball hit Williams after hitting the post) then Vardy would have been offside.

Basically Webb explained how difficult it is as every Referee is allowed to make up their own minds as to how they basically view that rule.

Which in short means that the whole thing is a damned mess... Rules shouldn't be there for two people to see them differently, they should be created so that every loophole is clearly covered against... So in this case it should either be, Vardy was offside regardless or the fact that the ball hit an opposition player first means that Vardy was always onside...

Football needs to stop with the grey areas, there is too much riding on it now and its not fair that Referees should be subject to the abuse they get because all they're doing is what they're allowed to do

Especially as there have been threats to Referees in the past because of the decisions they've made (i.e. Chelsea v Barcelona etc.)

I actually think the 2 different outcomes, depending on the circumstance are correct, as if the attacker was always onside or offside, it would create unfairness

• Options
    You need goals in the team - took Woy a bit to long to suss that out and he needed to be desperate to see it. I don't care if we play more attractive football with them, Sterling and Lallana convert about 1 in 10 chances they get, Vardy and Sturridge about 6 or 7 in 10 . If you don't have enough people who can convert opportunities in the side you don't score enough goals!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Kane and Sterling aren't good enough based on the two games we've seen so far. Vardy and Sturridge should start the next game.

Alli and Rashford can offer us a lot from the bench.
  • Options
    Errm Lallana was on the pitch for most of the second half and he was one of the best players today.

You can't just say "We need more goals. Play all the strikers!" and think that will actually work all of the time.
  • Options

Kane and Sterling aren't good enough based on the two games we've seen so far. Vardy and Sturridge should start the next game.

Who would you start instead of Alli?
  • Options

Who would you start instead of Alli?
    Probably Wilshere at this point.

But that's just a personal preference. I know Alli has a lot of talent but he just hasn't looked effective for me.
  • Options
    Alli was poor today but was ultimately involved in the winning goal providing the one two with Sturridge. Don't think he should be dropped based on today. Still very young and learning game by game.
  • Options
    It's good we have these options.

Could do with more options in goal. Defence has done better than I expected so far but a decent unit might rip them a new one.
  • Options
    I thought Alli did well against Russia but i agree he was fairly average today, however i don't think he should be dropped. If he doesn't do well v Slovakia then it might be worth a change for the knockout stages but i think he deserves to start the next game.
  • Options
    Alli was poor but Wilshere definitely isn't the answer. I wouldn't necessarily make too many changes. Sterling has to be dropped, that's a given. Other than that I may not change much. Say you were to bring in Wilshere for Alli, that's 1 guaranteed substitution you'll have to make, Sturridge is also unlikely to last 90 either so that's 2 substitutions if they both start. Therefore the only thing you can do is put Vardy on for Sterling.

This is exactly the problem I had with this squad before the tournament started. There's very little room for manouevering if things aren't going well. It was a given Alli would start but likewise no direct replacement for him should he get injured or be out of form. Likewise goes for Dier who I also think didn't play particularly well today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The next game is in 4 days time, it might make sense to rest Alli?

The Vardy, Lallana, Sturridge looked good, I'd start with them on Monday. Ideally, give Kane the match off completely
  • Options
    Rose has looked a bit nervous to me, few wayward passing and his touch lets him down on occasion. Probably won't be an issue against Slovakia but maybe in the next rounds.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Alli was poor but Wilshere definitely isn't the answer. I wouldn't necessarily make too many changes. Sterling has to be dropped, that's a given. Other than that I may not change much. Say you were to bring in Wilshere for Alli, that's 1 guaranteed substitution you'll have to make, Sturridge is also unlikely to last 90 either so that's 2 substitutions if they both start. Therefore the only thing you can do is put Vardy on for Sterling.

This is exactly the problem I had with this squad before the tournament started. There's very little room for manouevering if things aren't going well. It was a given Alli would start but likewise no direct replacement for him should he get injured or be out of form. Likewise goes for Dier who I also think didn't play particularly well today.

If we're considering Alli as an attacking midfielder then we also have Barkley as a potential replacement. Not in the best of form though.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

What is it you do?

Probably signing on next Monday.
  • Options
    What a win. Unbelievable moment.

Hopefully means we will win the group.

Recognised loads of Charlton out there.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

If we're considering Alli as an attacking midfielder then we also have Barkley as a potential replacement. Not in the best of form though.
    Well yeah but I mean really let's be honest, he isn't getting near the team unless there's an outbreak of the plague in the rest of the squad.
  • Options
    Fraser Forster should start next game. England's best goalkeeper on current form anyway even disregarding Hart's performance today.

I agree with putting in Sturridge and Vardy but think that Llanana and Alli should stay.
  • Options
    Need to win the group then we should avoid Germany Italy and France until the final.
  • Options
    Wilshere may have played as a holding midfielder for England, but that really isn't his position which is much more where Alli plays for England
  • Options

Wilshere may have played as a holding midfielder for England, but that really isn't his position which is much more where Alli plays for England

How do we know where his position is?