Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Vs Wales

Comments

• Options
    Can see wales scoring a scrappy goal and then parking the bus.
  • Options

1-0 Wales. Church screamer from 5 yards.

Blimey imagine that....

Seriously we should be more then motivated to stuff the living day lights out of Wales on the basis of personal pride alone.

If they f*ck us over then the general morality damage of that might as well just send us straight home anyway.
  • Options
    I think we'll win 2-1. We did enough to win comfortably on Saturday, we created more chances than Wales did. Both of us had free kicks which the keeper might have saved, but they got the second goal through a complete scuff whereas we didn't get that bit of luck
  • Options

Wales midfield is decent; Bale, Ramsey and Williams all very good players. Keep them quiet and we win the game.

Dunno... Jonny Williams has only really ever played in the Championship this season

Or do you mean Ashley Williams (Swansea?)... Is the problem with this Welsh side, too many Williams and Evans it gets confusing!!
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Can see wales scoring a scrappy goal and then parking the bus.

Agreed... Although saw that happening with Russia and see it happening with Slovakia which is why we need to score first and second because if we dont get the second goal then there is always that threat
  • Options
    If the Welsh come out flying into us with studs showing and injure one our star players we could end up rattled and lose. I hope Roy make's it clear to our players (and there's) that if that's the type of game that they want then we'll make sure Bale leaves the tournament on crutches.
  • Options
    I love though how Gareth Bale has come out saying that Wales will win because they show more commitment and passion (like singing the National Anthem) to their country than what their English counterparts do.

Yeah right okay... Does he realise you dont get added points for how good your singing is!!
  • Options
    If we can't beat Wales we deserve to go out of the competition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If the Welsh come out flying into us with studs showing and injure one our star players we could end up rattled and lose. I hope Roy make's it clear to our players (and there's) that if that's the type of game that they want then we'll make sure Bale leaves the tournament on crutches.

Alli would end up sent off
  • Options
    3-0 England. Rooney, Cahill, Sturridge
  • Options

So Bale now says that no one from the England Squad would get into the Welsh Team.

Wonder if he went back to training, saw Simon Church practicing his shooting and thought: I'm gonna regret that comment

Churchinho is Brazilian
  • Options

I think we can get the width from the full backs - I like 2 up front against a five man defence and with Rooney playing the role just behind them, it can be three up front at times. I can see the merits of starting with Sturridge - If we go a goal up - Vardy needs to come on to exploit the gaps this will create!

This is why Roy started the Portugal game with Kane, Vardy, and Rooney up front, it was with an eye to the Wales game. Portugal sit deep and look to hit on the counter through their star player(s), and was thus a good choice of a friendly.

I'd like to see Sturridge get the nod, I think that on his day he's the most technically gifted player in the squad. I suspect his ability to go 90 minutes may be in question, but against a packed defense, his ability to create that little half yard of space, and his superb finishing, can be a difference maker. Given that Wales sit deep, it's unlike there will be the space in behind, at least at the start, for Vardy to exploit.

The problem I see if that I'm not sure that Rooney and Alli can play in the same side. I suspect Roy will go with the diamond, with Rooney at the tip. I don't know that Alli is at his best playing on one side of the diamond. I could see Roy throwing in Wilshere and Henderson to play on either side of the diamond in the shuttling roles, something both are suited well to, and have Dier at the base with Walker RB and presumably Rose LB (though I'd be tempted to pick Bertrand for a bit more defensive cover if he's fit). In that team, having Alli, Vardy, and even Rashford to come off the bench to change the game if needed (and stretch the play when legs are tiring) could be an excellent tactic.

What I think Roy will do Thursday:
    ................Hart
    Walker Cahill Smalling Rose
    .................Dier
    ....Henderson....Wilshere
    ...............Rooney
    .........Kane......Vardy
  • Options
    I'm really nervous about it but we should have far too much quality for them.
  • Options
    Proper nervous about this game.

In my no doubt very optimistic mind I have the potential of seeing England in the semi in Lyon but we must win the group, and therefore must win this game.

• Options
    I don't have any worries about Alli playing with Rooney. As for Bale - he is speaking to the Welsh. Good luck to him but I am not interested in what he has got to say about the match and I'm sure, nor are England.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I think we can get the width from the full backs - I like 2 up front against a five man defence and with Rooney playing the role just behind them, it can be three up front at times. I can see the merits of starting with Sturridge - If we go a goal up - Vardy needs to come on to exploit the gaps this will create!

This is why Roy started the Portugal game with Kane, Vardy, and Rooney up front, it was with an eye to the Wales game. Portugal sit deep and look to hit on the counter through their star player(s), and was thus a good choice of a friendly.

I'd like to see Sturridge get the nod, I think that on his day he's the most technically gifted player in the squad. I suspect his ability to go 90 minutes may be in question, but against a packed defense, his ability to create that little half yard of space, and his superb finishing, can be a difference maker. Given that Wales sit deep, it's unlike there will be the space in behind, at least at the start, for Vardy to exploit.

The problem I see if that I'm not sure that Rooney and Alli can play in the same side. I suspect Roy will go with the diamond, with Rooney at the tip. I don't know that Alli is at his best playing on one side of the diamond. I could see Roy throwing in Wilshere and Henderson to play on either side of the diamond in the shuttling roles, something both are suited well to, and have Dier at the base with Walker RB and presumably Rose LB (though I'd be tempted to pick Bertrand for a bit more defensive cover if he's fit). In that team, having Alli, Vardy, and even Rashford to come off the bench to change the game if needed (and stretch the play when legs are tiring) could be an excellent tactic.

What I think Roy will do Thursday:
    ................Hart
    Walker Cahill Smalling Rose
    .................Dier
    ....Henderson....Wilshere
    ...............Rooney
    .........Kane......Vardy
    That's the team I'd like too see, and bring Ali and Sturridge on for tiring legs.
  • Options
    We'll win both remaining group games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wales will do what the other 2 teams in that group will have planned to do when the draw was made. Nick a point off England and win another game. They've already got the win so will pack with 5 at the back 4 6 yards in front and Bale chasing long balls.

Expect the game to be near identical to Russia but with lessons learnt from the last 10 minutes. England to win with 2 goals in the last 20.
  • Options
    I'm supremely confident about this one. That's the end of our hopes.
  • Options

This comment is ridiculous. Why would Wales players do that ? Wales are a limited but decent hardworking team. They are not a dirty team. The game is an equivalent of a premiership top 4 team against a lower premiership / upper championship team. Wales will be lucky to get a point, even with Roy Hodgson's limited tactics, picking the wrong players and clueless substitutions.
  • Options
    1 - 0 to the Mother Cuntry, Vardy 26th minute
  • Options
    Whales are endangered leave em alone
  • Options

Proper nervous about this game.

In my no doubt very optimistic mind I have the potential of seeing England in the semi in Lyon but we must win the group, and therefore must win this game.

Similar here - need us to win the group to massively aid my chances of attending the following knockout games.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

1 - 0 to the Mother Cuntry, Vardy 26th minute

Is that a misspelling, a comment on Vardy or a broader point you were making there.

My already dubious post sensometer has had to go in for a service.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    4-0 Vardy 2, Smalling, Alli, Kane and Sturridge. Heck, that's six. 6-0 then.