Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Vs Wales

Comments

• Options
    What I think Hodgson will pick:
    ......Hart
    Walker...Cahill...Smalling...Rose
    .............Dier......Wilshere
    Lallana.........Alli.......Rooney
    ...................Kane

Personally, I'd pick Sturridge ahead of Kane today. Wales have played 5-3-2 throughout qualifying and they'll look to compress the game and force England to break them down before hitting on the counter. There is no one in the team better than Sturridge in creating or finding just a half yard of space and making a chance. Something I don't think he gets praised for enough is the cleverness of his movement. Kane is good for the high tempo, pressing games where there will be a lot of space. I don't think that will be the case today.

The advantage to the above is that it can also become a 4-4-2 diamond with Lallana and Wilshere either side shuttling, and Alli at the tip of the diamond where he plays best.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Just had 8 crates of beer confiscated from the coach 10 miles outside Lens. Coach now getting a full search. We had no booze in the cabin as it was all in the hold and thought that was ok - but the whole lot has been taken. Also - when taking it, a gendarme dropped one on a platter of canapés and squashed them.

Now I only have a packet of haribo to get me through the last few miles.
  • Options

Just had 8 crates of beer confiscated from the coach 10 miles outside Lens. Coach now getting a full search. We had no booze in the cabin as it was all in the hold and thought that was ok - but the whole lot has been taken. Also - when taking it, a gendarme dropped one on a platter of canapés and squashed them.

Thank the good Lord for Haribo!!! Enjoy the game.
  • Options

Not the canapés!!
  • Options

#PrayForTheJustOutsideOfLensCoach
  • Options
    Same squad that started against Russia

No chances!!
  • Options
    Lallana is an excellent payer, he just needs to score more goals. If he doesn't score them somebody else has to/ He needs to add this to his game.
  • Options
    Ledley / Hennessey / Robson-Kanu in for Wales
  • Options
    Ashley Williams will be the happiest man on the pitch, was run absolutely ragged by Vardy twice these season against Leicester.
  • Options

Same squad that started against Russia

No chances!!

Wouldn't have been my choice 11. Still not convinced Rooney is suited to the box-to-box midfield role. I rate Sterling and think he gets a lot of unfair criticism, but I think this is a game where the subtly and guile of Wilshere could be incredibly handy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exactly the same line up as Russia.
  • Options
    Just need to finish our chances today, played Russia off the pitch but couldn't score.
  • Options
    Not surprised in a way that Hodgson has kept with the same squad... It pretty much beat Russia albeit in the last minute so attacking wise the team didnt do much wrong.

OTHER THAN SCORE... So use one of your other THREE Strikers!!
  • Options

Not surprised in a way that Hodgson has kept with the same squad... It pretty much beat Russia albeit in the last minute so attacking wise the team didnt do much wrong.

OTHER THAN SCORE... So use one of your other THREE Strikers!!

The problem is, if they play a 4-3-3, which of the other strikers fits in against a team that sits deep and looks to counter? Vardy needs space in behind to run in to, and isn't that good on the defensive side (he works, it's just he's not a winger by trade). Sturridge played wide on the right for City and Chelsea, and at times for the U-21s, but it was usually in a 4-3-3 where the three forwards could stay forward. That was also years ago, and he made it known he didn't like playing there. Rashford hasn't played there and while he might turn in to a solution in that position in the longer term, he's not there yet.

The problem really was losing Wellbeck, there just isn't a natural replacement.
  • Options
    England have the better team, better manager, better players, better system, better tactics. Wales have a world class player, but not much else. If he can win the game on his own, fair play. I don't think the other ten are capable of living up to their pre-match bunny.
  • Options
    I think it's bad news for the English game
    We're not creative enough, and we're not positive enough

But I still see that
    Tackle by Moore
    And when Lineker scored
    Bobby belting the ball
    And Nobby dancing

Three lions on a shirt
    Jules Rimet still gleaming
    Thirty fifty years of hurt
    Never stopped me dreaming

England have done it in the last minute of extra time!
    What a save! Gordon Banks!
    Good old England, England that couldn't play football
    England have got it in the bag

I know that was then
    But it could be again...............................

• Options
    Hairs on the back of the neck during the anthem! Come on lads!
  • Options
    Lalanna and sterling Infront of Vardy, Roy's a Cnut
  • Options
    CONE ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joe Hart was head and shoulders above the others during God Save The Queen!

COME ON ENGLAND WE NEED TO WIN THIS!
  • Options
    The Welsh bus is already firmly parked.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Joe Hart was head and shoulders above the others during God Save The Queen!

COME ON ENGLAND WE NEED TO WIN THIS!

nearly as good as tony adams back in 96
  • Options
    49m hahahaha
  • Options
    why the hell is sterling playing?!
  • Options
    Sterling FFS.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Sterling is the scouse Lloyd Sam!

Lloyd couldn't take his chances either!