Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Slovakia

Comments

• Options
    Am I the only one that finds it odd that the England team is consistently leaked a day or two before the match?
  • Options
    Worried this will be a big mistake.

Not too worried about Wilshere as he usually plays well in an English shirt. But Henderson offers nothing for me and disrupting the defense might lead to mistakes being made.
  • Options
    When/how did the 'if the attacker can see the defenders number that defender is in trouble' meme start? Heard it a few days ago for the first time and I keep hearing it now.
  • Options

When/how did the 'if the attacker can see the defenders number that defender is in trouble' meme start? Heard it a few days ago for the first time and I keep hearing it now.

Its all bollocks anyway in international games their number is on the front of the shirt too.
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing Wiltshire. I am hoping to see a lot of snappy forward 10 yard passes through the middle as well as carrying the ball forward through the middle.
  • Options

I thought it was something that Lee Dixon had just made up.
  • Options
    I'm not a lover of rotating the squad. I think it's an un-necessary risk.

WIlshire had to play, if Vardy is in the team. He needs through passes to run onto, to be the threat he is at Leicester.

Sturridge also had to play after scoring the winner against Wales.

The other changes had better come off.

A poor result will put un-necessary pressure on the team and a more difficult opponent in the next phase. Why roll the dice?

• Options
    edited June 2016
    On the other hand, play an unchanged team and, for example, Walker gets injured in this game, there would have been 4 weeks between Clyne's last competitive match and the last 16 game.
  • Options
    I liked that passage of play, Vardy in behind the defence for the first time...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great through pass from Wilshere to Vardy. That will force the Slovak defence to drop off ten yards and open up the midfield.
  • Options
    How the hell did we let Russia get a point off of us? Wales 2-0 up
  • Options
    Tyldesley.
    Shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    Slovakia down to 10 and Hart can't even kick it up to the attack but out instead
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Well one thing is for certain this ref is shit.
  • Options
    shit again?
  • Options
    Dull and lack of real quality so far.
  • Options
    Better team but need to score again
  • Options
    Slovakia are shit. If anything goes wrong tonight based on this rotation it will be a car crash.
  • Options
    get Henderson off he really is crap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frustrating ain't it?
  • Options
    Clyne is playing brilliantly linking up well with Hendo down that right hand side.

Wilshere is class. Starts attacks and keeps them going. Always looking for quick ball. Whereas Rooney often slows things down too much. It's not always come off for him but when it does it causes problems.

Hendo has over hit a few crosses but is trying the right ball!

Sturridge needs to learn to pass...
  • Options

get Henderson off he really is crap

Amen to that brother.
  • Options
    Sturridge is looking lively
  • Options

Looking forward to seeing Wiltshire. I am hoping to see a lot of snappy forward 10 yard passes through the middle as well as carrying the ball forward through the middle.

Get him off!
  • Options
    We are playing against 10 men permanently sitting behind the ball. Just got to be patient, it will come second half
  • Options
    Everything but a goal
  • Options
    Felt for all the world that that was set up for a Karel Fraeye special - 44th minute goal to the opposition.
  • Options
    I can't help thinking - if they nick one and we crash out people will talk about this squad rotation for years. It will define Hodgsons career.