Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Slovakia

Comments

• Options

Wilshere playing some lovely passes. Sadly all to the opposition

There has been a few of those I'll admit. But he is always trying to move the ball forward. And he does it quickly. No slowing the ball down or sideways balls. It's not gonna come off every time but when it does itseem very good.
  • Options
    Well you can tell wilshere has not played all season
  • Options

Felt for all the world that that was set up for a Karel Fraeye special - 44th minute goal to the opposition.

Without the domination......
  • Options

I can't help thinking - if they nick one and we crash out people will talk about this squad rotation for years. It will define Hodgsons career.

I can't see us missing the 2nd round, even if we do lose tonight. Four points is enough to qualify.

That said, I don't fancy our chances against Germany or Spain in the second round...
  • Options
    Henderson's crosses have been piss poor by the way... either horribly over hit or failing to beat the first man.

Get Rooney on at half time.
  • Options
    Lovely ball by Dier for Sturridge but why was he on the right? Had to take a touch to get it on his left and was snuffled by the defender.
  • Options
    Another game missed ffs

Glad for the CL punditry
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Average position maps of both teams.

Slovakia barely out of their own half.
  • Options
    Thought we've dominated and done everything but score. Clyne fantastic, Wiltshire offers something no one else does. Just need a break as like Wales 2nd half were totally dominating without a cutting edge where it really matters.

Enjoyed it apart from the lack of a goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson has been woeful. Set play delivery hopeless. Don't think he has beaten the first defender once. Wilshire looks like a man who hasn't played for months.

Clyne and Lallana excellent.

Slovakia are pony and you have to think that if we get one we could have a hatful here.

Still 0-0 at 60mins and Rooney will be on.
  • Options
    Can't blame the rotation, although people will. Dominating the game and playing some nice football but lacking that cutting edge and quality when it really matters. No difference to the Russian and Welsh games with our apparent first team, so can't blame the changes.
  • Options
    Slovakia with one shot off target from 30 yards.
  • Options
    Playing very well but the lack of goals is a worry. Football has a horrible way of biting you on the bum. Think Lallana has been one of our best players during the tournament
  • Options
    Wilshere looks forward all the time. Sometimes it doesn't come off but the times it does he gives us something nobody else does.
  • Options
    I'd like to see a bit more urgency. The longer this goes on the nervous the team will be (and me). As Th song goes, once you score one you get more.
  • Options
    Slovakia playing for the draw.
  • Options

I can't help thinking - if they nick one and we crash out people will talk about this squad rotation for years. It will define Hodgsons career.

I can't see us missing the 2nd round, even if we do lose tonight. Four points is enough to qualify.

That said, I don't fancy our chances against Germany or Spain in the second round...
    If we come 2nd , we will play the 2nd in Group F (Portugal,Iceland,Hungary,Austria) - not too shabby.
  • Options

If we come 2nd , we will play the 2nd in Group F (Portugal,Iceland,Hungary,Austria) - not too shabby.
    Yep, and our QF (should we get through) would be against France or a 3rd placed team.
  • Options
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Dr Fuckup has packed his bag, put on his overcoat and hat and is about to make a home visit...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson and Wiltshere haven't played many games and it's showing.
    But England well on top and if we don't finished this group on top,
    it's for one reason alone and that's because Hodgson treated Russia as if they were France. No problem with the line up but
    still can't see that Henderson is a better midfielder than Drinkwater.
  • Options
    Wilshire just passed to himself and missed btw
  • Options
    Bloody hell.
  • Options
    Jesus, wtf was Smalling doing?
  • Options

I have a sneaking suspicion that Dr Fuckup has packed his bag, put on his overcoat and hat and is about to make a home visit...

Nearly made himself known there...
  • Options

Thank fuck Hart shut the curtains, turned out the lights and pretended nobody was home...
  • Options
    Officiating has slipped in standards a little here.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

I'd like to see a bit more urgency. The longer this goes on the nervous the team will be (and me). As Th song goes, once you score one you get more.

Totally agree. Seems like they have two more gears to move through but not in any rush to get there.
  • Options
    Sturridge looks like the one with the key in this team
  • Options
    Sorry, but Henderson is shit!