Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Slovakia

Comments

• Options
    Tonights full backs done well but we really missed Walker and Rose tonight.

Roy fcked up

No question
  • Options
    Calm down, folks. It starts mattering in the next game.
  • Options

Not going to slag them off. But 3 goals and 5 points from that group isn't good enough. The performances have be good, but you have to break these teams down.

The three goals is the bit that annoys me the most.

We only conceded twice in three games, one from a direct free kick. That should be enough to see you get seven, if not nine, points.
  • Options
    Not playing walker and rose gave us no width ..... Bertram and Clyne not as effective ....another Royism ...
  • Options

No goal scorers in this team! Absolutely dominated but nothing to show for it.

Second to Wales!

Which is crazy because Vardy, Sturridge, Rooney, Alli Rashford and Kane must have gone close to 100 goals last season.
  • Options
    We're gonna win it
  • Options

We win the group. Get in. Could get to the semi now

You leave your semi out of it Taffy!
  • Options
    After the game changing subs against Wales, Hodgeson shows again that he is an England manager alongside non entities like Ron Greenwood, Don Revie and the immortal Graham Taylor. The reason tiki-taka works better for Spain is that they control the ball better. We'd do better breaking faster, and not trying to get the highest possession percentage- there's no trophy for that.
  • Options
    I know we are through but England frustrate me more than charlton

So predictable that we would finish second and my semi final tickets will now probably be Wales v Spain, lovely

• Options
    If anyone thinks that that is how we'll line up in the knockouts, they're...wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was ridiculous. Had the ball the whole match and did nothing with it
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Group F runners up in the next round. Monday next week, 8pm kick off.

Likely to be a quarter final against France at Saint Denis.
  • Options
    Cannot believe the Taffes finish above us have to do a lot better against Ronaldo and company looks like we are going up against them
  • Options

There will be a complete over reaction to that. When we play better opposition we will improve. Breaking down 11 players is a chore. We will come good.

No that's Sheffield United...
  • Options
    Wales have played the same teams but completely different set ups.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

If anyone thinks that that is how we'll line up in the knockouts, they're...wrong

Obviously not , but you think the temptation of securing a much easier second round game and keeping the momentum from the Wales game would've even preferable?
  • Options
    Unfortunately we'll now play France in the 1/4 final if we get through next Monday.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Also, Slovakia defended extremely well. Can't we acknowledge that?

They did well but we didn't stretch them nearly as much as we should, due to the tempo of our play. It was the same against Russia, and against Wales.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hungary no doubt in the 2nd Round followed by a French side which we beat last time we played.

To win a competition you've got to play the best!!
  • Options
    I like that England kit that Cahill is wearing
  • Options
    Disappointed in how negative Slovakia were. We weren't good enough to break them down. Vardy will be useful when we play teams who show some ambition.
  • Options
    I thought Clyne did well, got past his man a lot and whipped in some good crosses, but not impressed with Bertram.

Thought Vardy had a good first half but didn't see much of him in the second, Slovakia must have rejigged.
  • Options
  • Options
    Completely fucks up our plans for the next games. Will cost hundreds to do Nice in a day now. Might sack it off.

Just no penetration. Too narrow, too slow and too predictable. No fucking width.

Don't think the selection was the problem - we were the exact same against Wales - just we got lucky in that game.
  • Options
    Sorry but never in a million years is Rooney world class. Unless running really fast in a straight line and losing the ball qualifies you. In which case, he is the best in the world. Garbage.
  • Options
    Should be better in an open game. The knockouts will hopefully be better. If we score first.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Also, Slovakia defended extremely well. Can't we acknowledge that?

Yes, Skrtel was immense tonight