Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Slovakia

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016
    most annoying part of the night was that I have done 0-0 for the Inplay Bet365 bet for both England's first games, then tonight they decide not to run it...grrrrr.
  • Options
    Hungary have had a big hooligan element at their games. Expect repeats of Marseille if we play them.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Bilic summed it up nicely on ITV. Too many passes and one-twos. No-one capable of beating his opponent or creating a piece of magic to score the goal. In other words, a world class player or a world class piece of play. Bilic is a good pundit.

Peter Crouch - what's he doing on TV? What is he on about?

Damn straight... he should be on the pitch!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

He was on about the team changes ...... over and over again!

In fact, his punditry made his playing career look world class.
    I thought he made excellent points.
  • Options
    if we get through could be France in QF
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I think what was needed was an evolution of the side rather than 6 changes to give everybody a game! Good to know Woy is so caring! But we have to see how it pans out - it could yet work in our favour looking at the groups!
  • Options

Off_it said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

I thought he made the same point, over and over again.
  • Options
    The ITV commentators what game were they watching? Bloody awful, they either state the obvious or talk complete nonsense.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

By the way... 10-years!!

Just to cheer everyone up its been that long since we last won a knockout match in a Major Tournement... 1-0 v Ecuador in the 2006 World Cup

I was there and it was nearly as dire as tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Because it was a key point perhaps!
  • Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Because it was a key point perhaps!
    Or maybe because he had nothing else to say?
  • Options

Hungary have had a big hooligan element at their games. Expect repeats of Marseille if we play them.

You should change your name to "ITK Bartram"!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

He prolly went to Hungary for the scums trip in to europe
  • Options
    Ive like Rooney past year or so but his body doesn't move as fast as his brain, when given time he is brilliant, any pressure and quick closing down he doesn't seem to be able to react like he used to.

Id still start him though.

If Sturidge wants to be as selfish as he is he needs to play in the box, being selfish 20yds outside the box doesn't help the team.
  • Options
    If the Swiss had beaten France last night, this would've been an amazing result.
  • Options
    Next Monday night!!!!

Must be the longest we've lasted in a tournament for many a year!

Wat u all moaning about?
  • Options
    did't watch the game (being Welsh *smile*), but thought making wholesale changes was clearly not the way to build momentum.
    Complacent and daft.
  • Options

Off_it said:

He prolly went to Hungary for the scums trip in to europe
    "When it all come on top....."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

In all seriousness, I do think we're not far away from being a good team. If it all "clicks" then someone could be on for a hammering. Let's just hope it's not the stewardesses on the plane home.

I tend to agree. We have a few players with half a brain for once.

Classic example is Dier picking the ball up in his own half, running with it ,and making a sensible pass to one of his own.... instead of floating it in the box and hoping for the best.

Encouraged.
  • Options
    Can I just say.
    I hope we don't meet Wales further down the line.

An improved Gareth Bale has just torn Russia a new one!!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

In all seriousness, I do think we're not far away from being a good team. If it all "clicks" then someone could be on for a hammering. Let's just hope it's not the stewardesses on the plane home.

Unfortunately we keep saying "we're close to having a good team". Along with us "having a great generation of players". We still fail because we have a few decent players but never a great team.
  • Options
    For a good few minutes Dier looked like the most likely to score, which is ridiculous.

Loads of half chances, a decent number of good ones. Players need to get on with unlocking brain freeze.
  • Options

Can I just say.
    I hope we don't meet Wales further down the line.

An improved Gareth Bale has just torn Russia a new one!!

I hope we do face them again.

It'll mean we've made the final.
  • Options
    Our starting 11 looked more likely to score than the subs who came on for them I think. Don't think it was any worse a performance than the other 2 games.

Henderson motm I think
  • Options
    Booked last 16 tickets, Eurostar and accommodation for Satirday hoping we will group, gutted is not the word for tonight. Thing is Eurostar is non transferable and can't be cancelled and I do not want to go and see Wales so going to all be left with a massive hit. Our faults of course for being such bell ends and thinking we would beat Slovakia.
  • Options
    Second to a feudal Principality. Can not beat a nation barely twenty years old. Thanks, Roy, thanks Dave. Time to get back Englands identity and pride on Thursday. For the folk back home....... vote out!!
  • Options
    Stat from MOTD: we had 29 shots during the game (13 blocked), the most in a Euro game since 1980.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hodgson is a decent manager on one level, but he is also a complete loon! He ought to refund you and other England fans for his folly. I think getting to the semi might be harder now, but we do now avoid the best team in the competition (Spain), until the final. If we get that far of course. We can beat all the teams on our side of the draw with a fair wind! I'm hoping the old motto apllies to Woy - If you can't be good, be lucky! There is definitely enough talent in the squad to compensate for his silly moments.