Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney taking Legal Action - Mail article

Comments

• Options
    While her comments were very odd, I can't see what is actionable about them.

This may all be dancing in relation to an actual sale, I hope it is.

But the comment doesn't seem defamatory, just inept and incorrect. Which is Katrien's default state.
  • Options

Only sensible if she is lying. But what for one second she ain't? Varney will have egg on his face. Perhaps keeping quiet is best way not to add fuel to the fire.

Ok, let's play "what if?"

KM is telling the truth because she seen and discussed PVs detailed takeover proposal.

She definatly knows that the plan is to leave the Valley but how?

She has repeatedly said the club isn't for sale and she won't even meet with Varney.

So either she's lying about the club not being for sale or she's lying about knowing the PV wants to move the club away from the Valley.

Or, imho, she's lying about both.
    I don't think she is lying, in the sense of knowingly telling an untruth. I think she believed what she said, but it's another example of her mouth running ahead of her brain. She doesn't know it to be true and she certainly can't prove it, she just threw it in anyway because she could. It's lack of experience and poor judgement. And that's why she's unfit to be chief executive.
    Either way she's in the wrong.

A simple "I didn't mean to imply that Varney was planning to move the club and I apologise for any confusion" and this would have been over but her pride, inability to admit she's wrong and unwillingness to be shown up in front of uncle Roland means she lets it fester.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Only sensible if she is lying. But what for one second she ain't? Varney will have egg on his face. Perhaps keeping quiet is best way not to add fuel to the fire.

KM is telling the truth because she seen and discussed PVs detailed takeover proposal.

She has repeatedly said the club isn't for sale and she won't even meet with Varney.

So either she's lying about the club not being for sale or she's lying about knowing the PV wants to move the club away from the Valley.

I don't think she is lying, in the sense of knowingly telling an untruth. I think she believed what she said, but it's another example of her mouth running ahead of her brain. She doesn't know it to be true and she certainly can't prove it, she just threw it in anyway because she could. It's lack of experience and poor judgement. And that's why she's unfit to be chief executive.
    On the upside we now know there was some more meaningful dialogue between PV / RD / KM after the initial reticence to engage i.e. The threat to reveal more (recent) emails.

What I don't think you or others have shared however is what those conversations resulted in if anything. I'm curious what more PV may have gleaned that could be brought in to the public domain however limited that may be.

Even if perhaps it was simply an apology / acknowledgement that PV didn't get treated well in the original engagement that would be of some interest / context.

• Options

It's quite alarming if you think about it. I'm not surprised she packed in being a lawyer. She would be shredded in seconds by any mildly competent opposition carrying on like she does. Now we're stuck with her incompetence instead.
  • Options
    I don't understand why Varney is threatening to sue over this. A bit pointless if you ask me.

Even if he wins, what's the Judeg going to award him?

About £15 would be my guess.

The Judiciary don't take kindly to frivolous action.
  • Options
    It won't get to court as that will really show her up as the incompetent she is so I expect an apology eventually. Even that will be embarrassing for her. If only we had an owner who would then do the decent thing and sack her.
  • Options

It won't get to court as that will really show her up as the incompetent she is so I expect an apology eventually. Even that will be embarrassing for her. If only we had an owner who would then do the decent thing and sack her.

I can think of better ways to spend £5k.
  • Options
    Can she be sacked? Is she even an employee?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I can think of better ways to spend £5k.
    Stress balls, beach balls and balloons?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well done Peter, take her and the rest of them to the cleaners

I rather they were taken to the Eurostar!
  • Options

Can she be sacked? Is she even an employee?

A majority of shareholders have the power to remove the CEO I think?
  • Options
    Unfortunately, it is an example of how poor she is at her job - Firstly, in her position, you need to be a bit careful as to what you say, Secondly, we all make mistakes even though she has previous, she could have acknowledged the error and apologised and clarified that she didn't mean it how it came out. Her pride is such that rather than do the logical and sensible, she needlessly creates a issue!
  • Options
    lets not pussy foot about here eh? the fuel that added fire to the protests - regardless of how much of an arse the belgiums were making of things - was that varney had a far better alternative - well, i would like to be convinced so that is why im keen to see what he does now - reasonable enough?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

lets not pussy foot about here eh? the fuel that added fire to the protests - regardless of how much of an arse the belgiums were making of things - was that varney had a far better alternative - well, i would like to be convinced so that is why im keen to see what he does now - reasonable enough?

Just out of interest Doucher, as I've seen you post similar a few times - what makes you give the benefit of the doubt to our current CEO - who you admit has been making an arse of things - over our (highly claimed, successful and respected) former CEO?
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

DOUCHER said:

Just out of interest Doucher, as I've seen you post similar a few times - what makes you give the benefit of the doubt to our current CEO - who you admit has been making an arse of things - over our (highly claimed, successful and respected) former CEO?
    because i dont understand where these people were when the club was desperate for a buyer and i like to keep an open mind on it - if a move away from the valley is part of varneys deal then that is not a good thing - id like to see him disprove it and id like to see a genuine better alternative to the belgiums
  • Options
    and i haven't given the benefit of the doubt to anybody
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

LuckyReds said:

DOUCHER said:

because i dont understand where these people were when the club was desperate for a buyer and i like to keep an open mind on it - if a move away from the valley is part of varneys deal then that is not a good thing - id like to see him disprove it and id like to see a genuine better alternative to the belgiums
    That's fair, I can understand that to be honest.

I don't think many of us would like to see a move away from The Valley, it is our home. I'm going to guess that's why Varney is so keen on clearing the air - hopefully both of us will get a definitive answer soon enough!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:

DOUCHER said:

Nope, I think the fuel was the crap way the club was being run into the ground on the pitch.
    no - that started it but varneys 'deal' ignited it into something much bigger - if all isn't as it seems then he has a lot to answer for and i think a few on here will be taking a look at themselves bur we shall see
  • Options
    I honestly don't think we will. I'd also like to see Varney disprove it but im suspicious about something and unsure why.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Nug said:

DOUCHER said:

Nope, I think the fuel was the crap way the club was being run into the ground on the pitch.
    no - that started it but varneys 'deal' ignited it into something much bigger - if all isn't as it seems then he has a lot to answer for and i think a few on here will be taking a look at themselves bur we shall see
    Maybe that was a reason for some people, I doubt it was for all.

As AB says above, if this was not a deliberate attempt to tar PV's reputation, why mention his name at all?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I don't understand why Varney is threatening to sue over this. A bit pointless if you ask me.

Even if he wins, what's the Judeg going to award him?

About £15 would be my guess.

The Judiciary don't take kindly to frivolous action.

It's not pointless at all. It's very clever. PV's putting this out in the public domain and it's more bad publicity for the regime. I'm sure this will be resolved before it gets to court.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

LuckyReds said:

DOUCHER said:

Who's to say these buyers weren't about , let's face it about or not the clown who bought us prolly paid over the top to the spivs who wouldn't have given a monkeys who they sold to

I'd happily take a chance with any alternative than the current idiot ownership
  • Options
    Well he's the one saying it's not true so why not back his statement up. You saying your taking PV on his word but not on hers? (And yes I know she has form) but I'm just saying. At the end of the day Jimenez and Slater are being sued over this moving the club to the peninsula and Varney had links with them so why could it not be true?