Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney taking Legal Action - Mail article

Comments

• Options

I hate to say I told you so........

I don't think he will produce any emails either. He would have done it from the off surely? And of course he is going to say take him on his word because he knows that the majority already have taken him on his word prior this statement.

As I said before this will all just get forgotten now and nothing more mentioned.

I bow to your superior knowledge Shorty, you were right. Based on this I am off to buy a season ticket before they sell out :smile:
  • Options

The woman's unbreakable

I'm not so sure. She does a pretty good job of destroying herself every time she opens her mouth.

Softly,Softly.... Her day will come.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Remember the context in which Meire's comments about prospective owners such as Varney wanting to move away from the Valley were made. They came during the Russell Slade press conference heralding his arrival. A smarter cookie would have evaded the question which led to it by saying something on the lines of: l'm only going to answer questions today about the appointment of Russell Slade as manager and what he is bringing to this football club.

She effectively sabotaged the good work being done at the PC by Russell Slade who came across as an articulate and thinking football man.
    By sticking her oar in she opened old and new wounds in relation to her inability to appear in public whilst representing the club without somehow saying something controversial or antagonistic.

How Roland Duchatelet cannot see the downside of continuing with her in post must count already as one of the mysteries of the early 21st century.
  • Options
    She WILL get her comeuppance, just be patient.
  • Options

There is always the next cock up by KM to look forward too. Won't have to wait long.
  • Options
    The woman's unbreakable

The woman's unbreakable

Not sure why people LoL'd this, I was being serious
  • Options

I hate to say I told you so........

I don't think he will produce any emails either. He would have done it from the off surely? And of course he is going to say take him on his word because he knows that the majority already have taken him on his word prior this statement.

As I said before this will all just get forgotten now and nothing more mentioned.

I bow to your superior knowledge Shorty, you were right. Based on this I am off to buy a season ticket before they sell out :smile:
    Could you stick in an order of ten for me please while you're at it? Just in front of the directors box please, I'm fed up with the North Upper and all those protesters.
  • Options
    We need Colin to use all his alt accounts.

Varney, what a dick for wanting to take us away to the valley and lying about it..
  • Options
    Anyway she will have to answer questions from teh press or fans at some point and hopefully she will be asked if she meant Varney when she talked about buyers wanting to move the club from the Valley!
  • Options
    I am itching to continue protesting. Would like to think that CARD have something planned. Not getting Welling abandoned for example, but being a visual and vocal presence there.
    I have been a lone protestor, but would love to think it isn't just me...maybe with the signings of Ajose, Holmes and Novak everybody is content. I am not saying those signings have not made things a bit better, but is that enough now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

I am itching to continue protesting. Would like to think that CARD have something planned. Not getting Welling abandoned for example, but being a visual and vocal presence there.
    I have been a lone protestor, but would love to think it isn't just me...maybe with the signings of Ajose, Holmes and Novak everybody is content. I am not saying those signings have not made things a bit better, but is that enough now?

Don't think it's a case of being content, but when you add the appointment of Slade to those three, surely it's a step in the right direction.

Personally, (and yes, I know I'm accused of being an apologist!) I think Slade should be given a chance to put a team together free from protest and see how we go over the first couple of months.

Right at the start of the protest, the theme was 'support the team not the regime'. Let's now give the team a chance to get us out of the hell hole known as L1.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

seth plum said:

Don't think it's a case of being content, but when you add the appointment of Slade to those three, surely it's a step in the right direction.

Personally, (and yes, I know I'm accused of being an apologist!) I think Slade should be given a chance to put a team together free from protest and see how we go over the first couple of months.

Right at the start of the protest, the theme was 'support the team not the regime'. Let's now give the team a chance to get us out of the hell hole known as L1.
    You seem to be suggesting that the protests are having a negative effect on the team yet the evidence says the opposite. In which case, as we don't know how long PV's investor will hang around, we'd better make every effort to get them out asap in the safe knowledge that it helps the team. Support the team, not the regime!
  • Options
    Sadly think it will all die down Seth, fans are fickle and forget easily - the regime know this.

If we get promoted they'll revert to modus operandi, protests will start again... just more years of crap supporting CAFC
  • Options
    seth plum said:

OK. Let's say that the theme is support the team not the regime, and Slade and the players are non-combatants.
    For me that still means sustained pressure on Meire, Cojones, Duchatelet, and whoever else, and especially creating circumstances where the club has to spend and waste money on counter protest measures.
    If the protests are not in game ones (although visuals and chants will be impossible to stop) then it will have to be to force money to be spent on fences, security and police.
    In terms of seeing how the football goes it is simple. Promotion and nothing less. Promotion gets us barely back to where we started, and any deviation or excuses regarding getting promoted are not acceptable to me.
    If we are off the pace by something like October then Slade and the players seem to be fair game.

That's fine if that's what you want to do, but for me that shouldn't be inside the stadium, give Slade and his team a chance first!

Promotion! - 100% agree, I hate L1
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Sadly think it will all die down Seth, fans are fickle and forget easily - the regime know this.

If we get promoted they'll revert to modus operandi, protests will start again... just more years of crap supporting CAFC

Then we need to get thinking about a drip drip undermining of this regime.
    Slade is a regime appointment with all that implies. I like Slade, but he has nailed his colours to the regime mast, and as such he has to deliver promotion with no excuses.

I have been unsettled by Slade saying how the foreign players have to deliver, and how we must always remember we are a business, and how the Academy must bear fruit.

All sounds a bit regime-lite which can only be mitigated by absolute certain nailed on promotion.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

boggzy said:

Then we need to get thinking about a drip drip undermining of this regime.
    Slade is a regime appointment with all that implies. I like Slade, but he has nailed his colours to the regime mast, and as such he has to deliver promotion with no excuses.

I have been unsettled by Slade saying how the foreign players have to deliver, and how we must always remember we are a business, and how the Academy must bear fruit.

All sounds a bit regime-lite which can only be mitigated by absolute certain nailed on promotion.

How on earth is that unsettling?

Exceptionally positive from Slade in my book, stand up and be counted or ship out!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

boggzy said:

Take into consideration, Seth - that Slade is not making a tub-thumping speech or anything, but responding to specific questions or promptings from journalists/comms team.

Put into context, he's answering where professionally speaking, he wants to take the team and what he demands from the players.
    He's the manager, he's doing his job and I wouldn't expect him to say anything else.

• Options
    The reason I am unsettled by the Slade comment about foreign players delivering is that it feel like he is open to a continuation of the. 'foreign player, internet sourced and foisted on us' approach of this regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016
    seth plum said:

The reason I am unsettled by the Slade comment about foreign players delivering is that it feel like he is open to a continuation of the. 'foreign player, internet sourced and foisted on us' approach of this regime.

I don't care what he says, including about Meire. The proof will be on the pitch, in all sorts of ways. I believe the Belgians will ultimately make it impossible for him to succeed, which is why I wouldn't give them an inch, but I won't contribute to undermining Slade - Duchatelet and Meire will do that.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

seth plum said:

The next few weeks will tell what the plan is. If Cousins, Watt, JBG, Tex and others go then have we improved the squad? And will RD spend the probable significant cash brought in for those players to invest in next seasons squad. I bet he ends up with a sizeable profit from ins and outs.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    For me, the regime have, in the two previous close seasons, brought in/re-signed a number of players that seem encouraging, but it is the lack of strength in depth - allowing players to leave without adequate cover - that is their hallmark.

All the other problems on the pitch, in essence, stem from this. Even with the Calamity Karel interlude, if we had enough players of a decent standard, I think we would have been able to survive. But the regime have shown absolutely no understanding of what is needed to prosper, or even just survive, in English football.

We have not yet seen any change in their approach to recruitment this summer. Just as before, we have no idea what our squad will look like (and we really do need to know what the spine will be) in the forthcoming season and I worry that we will be found out with the change to loans.
  • Options

seth plum said:

I don't care what he says, including about Meire. The proof will be on the pitch, in all sorts of ways. I believe the Belgians will ultimately make it impossible for him to succeed, which is why I wouldn't give them an inch, but I won't contribute to undermining Slade - Duchatelet and Meire will do that.
    seems a

Remember the context in which Meire's comments about prospective owners such as Varney wanting to move away from the Valley were made. They came during the Russell Slade press conference heralding his arrival. A smarter cookie would have evaded the question which led to it by saying something on the lines of: l'm only going to answer questions today about the appointment of Russell Slade as manager and what he is bringing to this football club.

She effectively sabotaged the good work being done at the PC by Russell Slade who came across as an articulate and thinking football man.
    By sticking her oar in she opened old and new wounds in relation to her inability to appear in public whilst representing the club without somehow saying something controversial or antagonistic.

How Roland Duchatelet cannot see the downside of continuing with her in post must count already as one of the mysteries of the early 21st century.

Do you really think she didn't know what she was doing? The first piece of good news she has been able to deliver and off the back of it she has cast doubts over a viable alternative owner to add momentum. Seems pretty pre calculated to me, particularly now Varney's legal action has come to nothing.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

seth plum said:

seems a

Do you really think she didn't know what she was doing? The first piece of good news she has been able to deliver and off the back of it she has cast doubts over a viable alternative owner to add momentum. Seems pretty pre calculated to me, particularly now Varney's legal action has come to nothing.
    Apart from you, obviously, who else believes her rather than Varney ?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

seth plum said:

seems a

Sorry but I really do struggle to believe your claim that Meire is calculated in everything she says when the evidence points otherwise. When on the back foot she resorts to business gobbledi-gook or says anything which comes into her head. You only have to look at the interview where she was asked about the frequent change of managers where she responded by saying that each previous appointment had proved to be right.......this simply defied logic and left those asking the questions somewhat shell-shocked.

Meire is clearly not a smart operator. Which other CEO could have embroiled themselves in so much controversy and alienated so much of their customer base that they have become a laughing stock and held up as an example of how not to run a football club. The only reason Meire was appointed and remains in post is Roland Duchatelet. I am surprised that there is anyone left to defend her appalling record here and her disrespect for the club and its fans other than RD, her closest employees and evidently yourself..

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Let's now give the team a chance to get us out of the hell hole known as L1.

The difference here is that I think the real hell hole is Roland and Katrien and not League 1, which is bad, but not that bad.

• Options
    Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

seth plum said:

seems a

Apart from you, obviously, who else believes her rather than Varney ?
    I've never said I believe it to be true - in fact I have much more faith in varney but I felt that maybe we may get the investors stepping out of the shadows and spelling out some plans to back things up (and hence putting any doubts to bed) but I understand the reasons given for not doing that (which again, you have to just have faith in) so lets not go down that road again. That wasn't the point I was making though.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

seth plum said:

seems a

Sorry but I really do struggle to believe your claim that Meire is calculated in everything she says when the evidence points otherwise. When on the back foot she resorts to business gobbledi-gook or says anything which comes into her head. You only have to look at the interview where she was asked about the frequent change of managers where she responded by saying that each previous appointment had proved to be right.......this simply defied logic and left those asking the questions somewhat shell-shocked.

Meire is clearly not a smart operator. Which other CEO could have embroiled themselves in so much controversy and alienated so much of their customer base that they have become a laughing stock and held up as an example of how not to run a football club. The only reason Meire was appointed and remains in post is Roland Duchatelet. I am surprised that there is anyone left to defend her appalling record here and her disrespect for the club and its fans other than RD, her closest employees and evidently yourself..

I'm not defending her - she has become a joke - but I'm not silly enough to think it wasn't pre meditated.
  • Options
    I blame Varney for the whole thing.

He should have made more effort to get on with Katrien's link to the past, Richard Money.