Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney taking Legal Action - Mail article

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

So weeks have passed and basically nothing - that is a regurgitation of what was said previously - I hope PV hurries up as would like to cast any doubts about his motives to one side

Don't expect anything too soon. There would be a court list to get through. And bearing in mind the public interest, if Mr V can bump up the damages it might get kicked up to the Queen's Bench Division of the High Court! They'll be on their summer holidays in Tuscany from 29th July through to 3rd October. (Nice work if you can get it).
  • Options
    ha ha well that is categorically untrue and I give you a week to retract your statement, or I'll tell my dad......looks like you will have to also just take my word for it
  • Options

ha ha well that is categorically untrue and I give you a week to retract your statement, or I'll tell my dad......looks like you will have to also just take my word for it

Not good enough, you have to disprove it. Where is your evidence?

It's on Charlton Life that you are a Millwall fans and even though you say it's not true, well I have my doubts. You're a Millwall fan so of course you lie.

Come on, disprove it.
  • Options
    What are you trying to prove? This is backing my argument about Varney no? What would you like Henry Irving? My con number? My old Charlton shirts? Pictures of my 2 Charlton tattoos? All my programmes from 1986 or even all my dads from the 60's? Who knows. So far from giving you all my personal information I can prove it. Likewise Peter Varney says he can, but hasn't. So you've just agreed with all I was saying really.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @ShortyWilson999

Just a short quiz for you.
    1. what clothes do you wear to football matches?
    2. What is you main focus throughout the game?
    a. the football itself.
    b. abusing the opposition players.
    c. the supporters of the opponents.
    d. self policing your own fans.
    3. what word would you use to describe these people?
  • Options

What are you trying to prove? This is backing my argument about Varney no? What would you like Henry Irving? My con number? My old Charlton shirts? Pictures of my 2 Charlton tattoos? All my programmes from 1986 or even all my dads from the 60's? Who knows. So far from giving you all my personal information I can prove it. Likewise Peter Varney says he can, but hasn't. So you've just agreed with all I was saying really.

But the rumour is you are really a Millwall fan pretending to be a Charlton fan so of course you can buy a few old programmes and say you have a tattoo but that is just what someone pretending to be a Charlton fan would do.

For me, that just strengthens the case for you being a Millwall fan, which you still haven't disproved. Sure, you SAY you're not but that isn't enough. you have to disprove it.
  • Options

Well he's the one saying it's not true so why not back his statement up. You saying your taking PV on his word but not on hers? (And yes I know she has form) but I'm just saying. At the end of the day Jimenez and Slater are being sued over this moving the club to the peninsula and Varney had links with them so why could it not be true?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me over and over and over and over.... Well I am not sure.
  • Options
    I don't understand what Varney has to prove. If what Meire said was true, he wouldn't be doing what he is doing.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Henry is simply saying that unfounded comments and accusations are simply that, unfounded. If you have to prove yourself innocent every time somebody says something ridiculous then you would never get anything done.

I say one of the people in this spat has a track record of telling porkies to make them appear in a better light the other hasn't, also if Katrien wasn't making it up PV would simply have laughed it off and not wasted time and money trying to get a retraction.
  • Options
    if I am approached at work today by my boss who says he has heard from another staff member that I am unhappy and been for interviews for other jobs, I deny this knowing categorically that it's not true but he insists it is. Why should it be up to me to prove him wrong? How could I prove him wrong? It's up to the other staff member to produce evidence to prove what they are saying or retract what they said.

Now, is there anyone that still doesn't get this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will just see how it unfolds. But it won't be resolved soon and I'm sure it will definately get forgotten mysteriously. anyway come on you lions Oops I mean addicks!
  • Options

We will just see how it unfolds. But it won't be resolved soon and I'm sure it will definately get forgotten mysteriously. anyway come on you lions Oops I mean addicks!

One thing I will say Shorty is that you seem to only pop up on the threads that require somebody to defend the club or certain employee's. You were all over the season ticket renewal thread banging the drum for us to renew and you seem hell bent on PV dropping this legal case.

Come on, tell us who you really are?

• Options
    edited June 2016

One thing I will say Shorty is that you seem to only pop up on the threads that require somebody to defend the club or certain employee's. You were all over the season ticket renewal thread banging the drum for us to renew and you seem hell bent on PV dropping this legal case.

Now be fair eaststandmike I didn't bang on about everyone should renew. I merely had to defend my decision to renew which other people didn't like. So what anyway? I like a debate that's what this forum is for. It wouldn't be fun if we all agreed. I believe everyone is entitled to their own views and there own beliefs. As long as we don't all get to personal it's a fair fight
  • Options

Harry the Dog
  • Options
    Colin
  • Options
    As I see it it's a simple smear tactic by KM. If every attempt at a smear led to a court case Zak Goldsmith and many more politicians would spend half their time in court. So I can't really see where this is leading. Maybe a non-apology of the type we often hear nowadays.
  • Options

Colin

Don't tell him Pike
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What do we supporters want from our football CEO?

1. Integrity. We feel we can respect them and they are principled.
    2. Honesty. They are as open and truthful about the club matters as the business permits.
    3. That they are tough, skilled, knowledgeable negotiators on the club's behalf.
    4. That they genuinely care about the club, its history and supporters, and the community it serves
    5. That they have good man management skills and look after their staff.
    6. That they know when to hold their hands up and admit to mistakes, when they happen.

It may not be a comprehensive list, but it is a start.
    But I cannot see how Katrien really has any of the above. It would actually help her poor relationship with the club's supporters if she simply acknowledged, sometimes, when she has made a blunder, we are not asking her to be perfect. The trouble is, she scores poorly on all that list, and PV, by contrast, fares much much better.
    Dig yourself out of a hole you can fill in simply, Katrien, by explaining that you did not mean the implication of what you said at the press conference.
    But I doubt you will, unless absolutely forced to.
  • Options
    You see Katrien... He's communicating with the fans of the Football Club he works with... Not difficult!!

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/sport/varney-focused-on-fleet-97822/
  • Options

I don't see how she would be able to claim she was not talking about his bid or is miss quoted, it was very clearly implied. I am no legal expert but it seems very very clear to me.

That said, not sure what you would sue her on? It is not really deformation is it and I don't think you can sue someone for simply telling a lie but maybe I am wrong?

My initial view was that it may not be defamatory, but then you have to ask what was her purpose in making that comment if it was not to undermine Varney's reputation with fans? And factor in the context, which was clearly likely to give the remark the maximum possible exposure, given it was a press conference. It's fairly clear her intention was to damage Varney, because if not what was her purpose?

I don't think there's much in the argument she didn't mean Varney. She introduced his name and no other; she said a takeover "like that". If she didn't mean to implicate Varney she'd hardly have used his name in isolation.</blockquote

Agree with this. Varney asked for a clarification in terms of a retraction or apology which was not given, thereby stengthening his contention that he was linked with the smear implicit in Meire's statement. Presumably, she may need to explain who has approached them about buying the club and moving it from the Valley. My guess is she might struggle to justify that too, which would leave the smear. What a numpty she is.
  • Options
    i can't recall the exact words she used. She definitely mentioned Varney by name. Definitely said bids like his required a move to the peninsula, Roland knows how important staying at the valley is to fans and wouldn't consider a move.

Looks like a tissue of lies.

Can't see its defamatory myself but hope I'm wrong and she gets taken to the cleaners (again)
  • Options
    Still no proof from Spannerwilson999.

Must be a Millwall fan; no smoke without fire
  • Options
    Addickted said:

"And over there will be the new main stand with a bowling alley underneath"

Does that banner above her head say "liar".
  • Options
    Who's head?

Do you think the main man there has someone trim his moustache or he does it himself every morning. Very neat.
  • Options
    Of course she has tried to discredit varney - why she didnt do that months ago puzzles me but maybe some more recent dealings have given her the ammunition? we all want varneys lot to be the cavalry that saves the day but the rumours that his deal does include a valley move have been around a long time so it would be nice to see him follow through with his legal action rather than blindly believing things. As henry has been at pains to point out, it can't be disproved so not sure what the legal action is all about...?
  • Options

Still no proof from Spannerwilson999.

Must be a Millwall fan; no smoke without fire

If you said Palace fan you might find yourself in trouble......