Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney taking Legal Action - Mail article

Comments

• Options
    Surprised if Newcastle is marginal remain, just over 60% turnout. Expert suggesting that they were expecting higher.

I'm hearing noise.
  • Options
    what makes you think that? because i keep an open mind on things rather than believing what i want to believe? the protests ramped up on the basis that the varney thing was a viable alternative - if it turns out that it involves a move from the valley then i think a lot will have egg on their face - i want a change because their model has failed and for me its only a matter of time til they sell but i dont want a valley move and i don't want the academy build being jeopardised so be nice to see what the varney 'manifesto' is all about really - as of now and with the change of strategy i'd like to think things are starting to head back in the right direction and don't want to sit in an empty stadium next year with a band of protesters who cant really remember what they are protesting about anymore - hopefully, give it a rest next season and enjoy the football
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

what makes you think that? because i keep an open mind on things rather than believing what i want to believe? the protests ramped up on the basis that the varney thing was a viable alternative - if it turns out that it involves a move from the valley then i think a lot will have egg on their face - i want a change because their model has failed and for me its only a matter of time til they sell but i dont want a valley move and i don't want the academy build being jeopardised so be nice to see what the varney 'manifesto' is all about really - as of now and with the change of strategy i'd like to think things are starting to head back in the right direction and don't want to sit in an empty stadium next year with a band of protesters who cant really remember what they are protesting about anymore - hopefully, give it a rest next season and enjoy the football

Thanks for the confirmation.
  • Options
    no probs nugget
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

So the Varney interview to BBC Kent that he had no intention of moving the club not sway you?
  • Options
    not really, hopefully the legal action will be conclusive
  • Options

Still no proof from Spannerwilson999.

Must be a Millwall fan; no smoke without fire

Spannerwilson999 I like it. Your a funny guy. I'm still awaiting an apology for your false claims. Perhaps you could provide me with evidence that I support the Millwall; indeed no smoke without fire.

I think you play the Katrien role very well Henry X

• Options
    edited June 2016
    No it would seem you are Stu. Katrien and HI are the accusers. Me and my mate Pete have denied it. He wants me to prove it, i want him to supply the evidence. No different to the real argument, I said I would like Peter Varney to prove it whilst others have asked Katrien for the evidence. I'm not saying they must do this but it would be nice either way. But some members on Charlton Life don't like a difference of opinion which again I'm all up for as that's what the forum is for. But Stu could you not tell I was being sarcastic in my message as mock to the real argument between KM and PV?? Hope that clarifys it a bit or am I just losing this one?? Ha ha
  • Options
    No, HI does not want you to prove it, it's trying to show you how you have this totally the wrong way round, it seems to still be going over your head.

If you want HI to prove what he said (as the accuser), then surely you agree KM must prove what she said, rather than PV.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

No, HI does not want you to prove it, it's trying to show you how you have this totally the wrong way round, it seems to still be going over your head.

If you want HI to prove what he said (as the accuser), then surely you agree KM must prove what she said, rather than PV.

He's doesn't get it but well, he's a Millwall fan.
  • Options
    I think you need to re read your posts then HI. You tell me several times to prove it. I'll stick to my opinion you stick to yours.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    And Stu you obviously never read my earlier posts as HI has started this childish debate on the basis that I have the audacity to say Varney should prove it. No different to how others ask her for the evidence. At end of the day this will die of death and nothing will come of it. Her comment is to vague to take legal action on. "In my opinion"
  • Options
    Shorty does get it - the point is mud sticks and therefore carney needs to back up his legal action threats or that mud will cake on. Henry is a know it all who is always right of course but putting that to one side the reality is that other than for a small band on here, if varney doesn't do 'something' his position is weakened from where he was before she said it. Harry red knapp has had books written about his corrupt dealings - he has never taken legal action against authors and therefore the mud has stuck - that is what you are failing to appreciate in your ever decreasing and entrenched positions. The ripping up of the sofa, started by some lump.... Was the highlight of the season for me - but I want to watch football next year
  • Options

I think you need to re read your posts then HI. You tell me several times to prove it. I'll stick to my opinion you stick to yours.

Millwall fan getting angry now.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    DOUCHER said:

Shorty does get it - the point is mud sticks and therefore carney needs to back up his legal action threats or that mud will cake on. Henry is a know it all who is always right of course but putting that to one side the reality is that other than for a small band on here, if varney doesn't do 'something' his position is weakened from where he was before she said it. Harry red knapp has had books written about his corrupt dealings - he has never taken legal action against authors and therefore the mud has stuck - that is what you are failing to appreciate in your ever decreasing and entrenched positions. The ripping up of the sofa, started by some lump.... Was the highlight of the season for me - but I want to watch football next year

You have a bizarre case of double-think but given that this is you third or maybe fourth identity on CL, Bexley Dan, that is maybe not a surprise. Especially when you are only filtering Richard Murray's words in any case.

"Varney had to act as mud sticks" you say. At least you accept that Katrien IS mud slinging

But when Varney acts you say he's wrong and should do something to back up his "threats"

He is acting.

1. He's publicly and very strongly denied the allegations

2. He's called on Katrien to withdraw the remarks.

3. He has taken legal advice.

Katrien, and you, forget this is the same Peter Varney who when told that there was nothing Charlton could do about West Ham poaching Defoe as it was to quote the West Ham chairman " A jungle out there" kept at it, took legal action and won something close to £2m for Charlton. In so doing the rules were changed and compensation for under 17s became mandatory.

No one knows how this will play out.

My guess is that KM will finally realise that PV is going to keep escalating this (yes, that's what he's doing, it doesn't all happen in 48 hours like on TV) she will withdraw the remark she knows she should never have made and which she knows to be untrue but we shall see. Maybe Peter has something else in reserve that neither you or I know about.
  • Options

That law degree has come in handy at last Stu ; - )

That's exactly what I was trying, and clearly failing, to point out to Millwalfan and Bexley Dan but because they don't want to believe Varney they can't see it.

I'll wait to see what happens next. Ball is in Katrien's court.
  • Options
    I couldn't get a Chinese residence permit without a degree, it's been pretty useful for a while now ;-)
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

You have a bizarre case of double-think but given that this is you third or maybe fourth identity on CL, Bexley Dan, that is maybe not a surprise. Especially when you are only filtering Richard Murray's words in any case.

"Varney had to act as mud sticks" you say. At least you accept that Katrien IS mud slinging

But when Varney acts you say he's wrong and should do something to back up his "threats"

He is acting.

Katrien, and you, forget this is the same Peter Varney who when told that there was nothing Charlton could do about West Ham poaching Defoe as it was to quote the West Ham chairman " A jungle out there" kept at it, took legal action and won something close to £2m for Charlton. In so doing the rules were changed and compensation for under 17s became mandatory.

This is the same Peter Varney who when the league wouldn't let us postpone a game despite us having three players away on international duty (two were U21s and the rule then applied only to full internationals) didn't just accept that but fought the league and again got the rule changed.

My guess is that KM will finally realise that PV is going to keep escalating this (yes, that's what he's doing, it doesn't all happen in 48 hours like on TV) she will withdraw the remark she knows she should never have made and which she knows to be untrue but we shall see. Maybe Peter has something else in reserve that neither you or I know about.
    Peter Varney's did not work for the club when the under 21 international issue came up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

DOUCHER said:

He is acting.

This is the same Peter Varney who when the league wouldn't let us postpone a game despite us having three players away on international duty (two were U21s and the rule then applied only to full internationals) didn't just accept that but fought the league and again got the rule changed.

Peter Varney's did not work for the club when the under 21 international issue came up
    Fair enough, I got that wrong.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

He is acting.

2nd name henry, no need to exaggerate - nothing sinister in that - just couldn't remember password etc after stopped posting for so long and found it easier to set up a new account - i only tend to come on here when things are going wrong - none of us knows the truth and I hope varney is the saviour - would just like to be convinced. We all get info from differing places and I like to keep an open mind on it - never spoken directly to RM in my life - I come on here for my own purposes and don't know the ins and outs like you obviously do - its not life or death - its just football and with the new strategy I'm starting to look forward to next season now
  • Options

Given his user name pretty much everything goes over his head

• Options
    edited June 2016

Ah so our user names are of our body shape and size are they LARGEAddick? :-)
  • Options

Ah so our user names are of our body shape and size are they LARGEAddick? :-)
    Hung like a horse is LA. Don't ask how I know.
  • Options
    Ha ha I set up that own goal
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

DOUCHER said:

So the Varney interview to BBC Kent that he had no intention of moving the club not sway you?
    This
  • Options
    It is time that squirrel face gets her big fat backside kicked.

Hopefully Peter Varney will become Sir Peter Varney.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    New Varney statement here.

Essentially, he says he's now been advised he can't sue because Meire's claim hasn't been believed by Charlton fans.