Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney taking Legal Action - Mail article

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2016

New Varney statement here.

Essentially, he says he's now been advised he can't sue because Meire's claim hasn't been believed by Charlton fans.

"However, I have now been advised that this support,ironically, makes the prospect of achieving a successful legal outcome very difficult, as I would need to prove reputational damage, whereas in fact the opposite has happened.

"I will therefore let that community judge who they believe in this matter and after 14 years involvement in the club as executive vice chairman, chief executive and director, and with a track record of openness and honesty, I trust its judgement."
  • Options
    Its a good response BUT once again she gets away with it by ignoring things which is her modus operandi
  • Options
    TBH you would think The FA would have something to say about the CEO of one of their clubs making up lies about the CEO of another, oh sorry I forgot they are completely inept.
  • Options
    Wise decision from Peter Varney. Meire has still been completely squashed in this and shouldn't be celebrating. I am sure Varney has got better things to be doing with his time than waste it. He has made his point.

Katrien Meire has no credability & very poor reputation amongst a very large number of Charlton Athletic supporters. I don't know how she manages to continue in the job given that the majority of time that she speaks she puts her foot in it.
  • Options
    Prepare for for the first statement of the new season {...}
  • Options
    Of course they will. We know enough about her delusions. What will interest me is whether she makes some sort of statement or whether she has developed a little common sense that means she shuts up!
  • Options
    vff said:

Wise decision from Peter Varney. Meire has still been completely squashed in this and shouldn't be celebrating. I am sure Varney has got better things to be doing with his time than waste it. He has made his point.

Katrien Meire has no credability & very poor reputation amongst a very large number of Charlton Athletic supporters. I don't know how she manages to continue in the job given that the majority of time that she speaks she puts her foot in it.

....or does it? Playing devils advocate here, what evidence is used as over whelming support for Reg. What number classes as "over whelming" amongst a potential crowd of 15k. Surely this message board is not evidence as the vast majority of fans do not use CL or indeed CAST? If this is the case, does it expose some doubt in Reg's comments and leans towards a victory of words to KM?

Nolly says: Discuss!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmmm. So that's that then?

Not quite what I was expecting, or what some of the Big Beasts on here had been conclusively telling us what would happen. (but then there's often a lot of hot air blown but by some!)
  • Options
    Disappointing
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Shame, I suspected he would not be able to sue. No winners really, old CEO makes suggestions he can't keep to. New CEO comes out as a chump but we already all knew that anyway.
  • Options
    Could we not start a campaign to discredit Reg as a liar who wants to take the club away from the Valley - and that we believe this because our most trusted CEO said so?

Would that be sufficient reputational damage?
  • Options

It is time that squirrel face gets her big fat backside kicked.

Hopefully Peter Varney will become Sir Peter Varney.

That would be a 'no' then!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

You're an apologist Alan but you are at least a funny one.

My first round next time.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

You're an apologist Alan but you are at least a funny one.

My first round next time.
    Whahey!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Could we not start a campaign to discredit Reg as a liar who wants to take the club away from the Valley - and that we believe this because our most trusted CEO said so?

well I was told that PV wanted to move us from The Valley ages ago, never trust a word he says ;-)
  • Options

bobmunro said:

well I was told that PV wanted to move us from The Valley ages ago, never trust a word he says ;-)
    Agreed - I believe Katrien helped us all duck a bullet when Reg came knocking. And he has the bare-faced cheek to call her a liar!
  • Options
    I had a feeling this might happen, which is a shame as I would like to have seen her embarrassed in court.

Personally think he should go ahead an publish the emails, with a "proof I'm telling the truth" article.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any reason why the emails he threatened to publish can't now be revealed?
  • Options
    The woman's unbreakable
  • Options
    Just a matter of time. Patience is a virtue
  • Options
    So this is about Reg and his reputation with Charlton fans?

What about his reputation in the football world in general?

I suggest his idle threat to sue Meire has actually backfired on him and damaged his reputation in the eyes of those outside Charlton.

Shame really. It's starting to look a similar own goal as Murray's one in appointing Dowie.
  • Options
    The witch must be smirking again today.
  • Options
    Country in a mess, England out the euros and now Meire is off the hook.

Are we planning to recall Sarr this week too?
  • Options
    Perhaps she is a clever lawyer after all and knew this would happen?
  • Options

Country in a mess, England out the euros and now Meire is off the hook.

Are we planning to recall Sarr this week too?

Don't know about that but there is a goalkeeper downstairs with a suitcase, saying he's been sent from Belgium
  • Options
    Basically Varney says he has been advised that in order to win his case for defamation, he has to prove his reputation has been damaged - where in fact as a result, his reputation appears to have been enhanced.

Publish those emails, Peter!

• Options
    I hate to say I told you so........

I don't think he will produce any emails either. He would have done it from the off surely? And of course he is going to say take him on his word because he knows that the majority already have taken him on his word prior this statement.

As I said before this will all just get forgotten now and nothing more mentioned.