Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicola Sturgeon

Comments

• Options
    I'm pretty good at dry stone walling, been in a course and everything.

Happy to rebuild hadrian's wall and insert some passport controls to prevent the Europeans from coming into England from an EU Scotland.

Are you with me?
  • Options

Happy to rebuild hadrian's wall and insert some passport controls to prevent the Europeans from coming into England from an EU Scotland.

Are you with me?

What about the Europeans front London? There's a petition doing the rounds and gaining a bit of attention asking if Londoners want to vote to stay as part of the EU. Because London "should stay the heart of Europe"

You really can not make this up.... ffs
  • Options

Wheresmekeyboard?

Wanna gob off from behind it

Like you do son.
  • Options

Wheresmekeyboard?

Like you do son.
    Every knows who I am gobby
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Wheresmekeyboard?

Like you do son.
    Everyone knows I am gobby
    Fixed for you.
  • Options
  • Options

Wheresmekeyboard?

Like you do son.
    Everyone knows I am gobby
    Fixed for you.
    Well done, very quick and not predictable at all
  • Options

Are you with me?

I think that's good of you to volunteer Always. Donald Trump is in Scotland right now, he seems to know a lot about walls. And he will be able to persuade the Scots that they're paying for it too.
  • Options

The Scottish people should be allowed to vote again if they so wish,

'The Scottish people should be allowed to vote again if they so wish'
    I don't think the Scots will ask permission to vote again, they will just have a referendum.
    What will the English do if we disagree.
    Send a gun boat to Edinburgh?
    The English appear to view Scotland as one of our colonies.
    No surprise they want out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016
    But they didn't want out did they when given the chance to choose

If they feel this strongly that they wish to vote remain or remove then let them have one but in doing so I hope they wait a while to act in haste is to repent at leisure nothing needs to be done today

A calm boxer beats the angry one too many calls being made based on emotion,
  • Options

The Scottish people should be allowed to vote again if they so wish,

'The Scottish people should be allowed to vote again if they so wish'
    I don't think the Scots will ask permission to vote again, they will just have a referendum.
    Sturgeon said she would follow the same process as before and seek permission if they decide on another referendum.
  • Options

But they didn't want out did they when given the chance to choose

If they feel this strongly that they wish to vote remain or remove then let them have one but in doing so I hope they wait a while to act in haste is to repent at leisure nothing needs to be done today

A calm boxer beats the angry one too many calls being made based on emotion,

I think they may be pushed into a referendum by events.
    If the English start Brexit negotiations which could conclude within two years, the Scots will not wish to be taken out of Europe.
  • Options

Are you with me?

There's a snag with that. Vast swathes of England, including pretty much the whole of Northumberland is north of the wall.
  • Options
    iainment said:

sralan said:

Hate the English Bastards but take our money?

Grow up will you. They don't hate us but want sovereign control of THEIR country. Which is what anyone would want.
    Don't agree with you and don't patronise me. Lived in Ayrshire for 2 years and never witnessed anti English racism like it. Called everything under the sun and eventually caused an incident that buggered my back up totally. They are welcome to THEIR country, as long as they depart OUR country.

• Options
    OUR country?
    I was born in Erith, but this feels like your country not mine.
  • Options

Some double standards in her speech....

Important we stick together with our neighbours...but not UK?

Respect the wishes of the people...except for the referendum in Scotland

If there was another referendum about Europe next week, I reckon the result would be to stay in.

Spot on TMA, although I think they would vote for Independence now.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

OUR country?

What?????? Born and bred in Kent. 100% ENGLISH.

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Wasn't a major issue of the last independence referendum that the EU gave no assurances whatsoever that an independent Scotland would automatically enter the EU? In fact wasn't the noise from Brussels that they would have to join the queue behind Turkey if they declared independence?

She, Lec and the whole SNP are duplicitous charlatans who are doing far more insidious damage to Scotland than Thatcher ever did. I sincerely hope they are locked out of all discussions in the coming months and years. And no to a second referendum.

I think we could apply to continue the Uk membership as Scotland as SCOTLAND didn't want to leave.

A leave vote in the last referendum would have meant adding an additional member to th EU

I don't think legally that would ever work. I would also not want our Brexit procedure to be slowed in any way by the sweaty Nats who couldn't run a bath. Scotland has no right to automatically take the UK's place. The UK as a whole has voted to leave and we need to respect the result, no amount of sweaty wriggling is going to convince me otherwise.
    I'm no 'Sweaty Nationalist" but they have run a bloody good bath since taking power and have wiped Labour off the map. "Far more damage to Scotland than Thatcher ever did?" Ridiculous statement but on a par with saying the SNP couldn't run a bath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016
    That's a reasonable summary Redmidland. And what the Scots might want to think about if they have the referendum is how the EU will treat an independent Scotland. Scotland receives quite a lot of Westminster money under the Barnett formula. They will surely kiss that goodbye if they achieve independence. Will they expect the EU to replace that with subsidies? Why would the EU agree to that? Maybe they would agree to it in exchange for Scotland adopting, say, the Euro and Schengen?
  • Options
    sralan said:

iainment said:

sralan said:

Grow up will you. They don't hate us but want sovereign control of THEIR country. Which is what anyone would want.
    Don't agree with you and don't patronise me. Lived in Ayrshire for 2 years and never witnessed anti English racism like it. Called everything under the sun and eventually caused an incident that buggered my back up totally. They are welcome to THEIR country, as long as they depart OUR country.

Well if the people of Ayrshire were mean to you then we clearly are a nation of racists!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    sralan said:

seth plum said:

OUR country?

What?????? Born and bred in Kent. 100% ENGLISH.

Yes. Born in Erith, but one of the last ways I would describe myself as is English. British maybe, dual nationality certainly, but English?
  • Options

sralan said:

iainment said:

sralan said:

Well if the people of Ayrshire were mean to you then we clearly are a nation of racists!
    We they mean to you because you are English or was that an added bonus?
  • Options

sralan said:

iainment said:

sralan said:

We they mean to you because you are English or was that an added bonus?
    ?
  • Options
    Mostly because I was promoted in my job and that didn't sit well with them. Nothing against the highlanders but lowlanders are a totally different lot. My last comment on this, as with Facebook, feelings and emotions are running high.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Wasn't a major issue of the last independence referendum that the EU gave no assurances whatsoever that an independent Scotland would automatically enter the EU? In fact wasn't the noise from Brussels that they would have to join the queue behind Turkey if they declared independence?

She, Lec and the whole SNP are duplicitous charlatans who are doing far more insidious damage to Scotland than Thatcher ever did. I sincerely hope they are locked out of all discussions in the coming months and years. And no to a second referendum.

I think we could apply to continue the Uk membership as Scotland as SCOTLAND didn't want to leave.

A leave vote in the last referendum would have meant adding an additional member to th EU

I don't think legally that would ever work. I would also not want our Brexit procedure to be slowed in any way by the sweaty Nats who couldn't run a bath. Scotland has no right to automatically take the UK's place. The UK as a whole has voted to leave and we need to respect the result, no amount of sweaty wriggling is going to convince me otherwise.
    I'm no 'Sweaty Nationalist" but they have run a bloody good bath since taking power and have wiped Labour off the map. "Far more damage to Scotland than Thatcher ever did?" Ridiculous statement but on a par with saying the SNP couldn't run a bath.
    No, they really haven't. Scotland has a lot of issues that have come as a direct result of the SNP's cack-handed management of their country. Your opinion if you think the SNP is doing a good job but it is in no way backed up by the evidence of ineptitude across the board by the SNP. You're correct in saying that they are electorally successful but I don't consider constantly lying to and misleading their ignorant voter base something that should be applauded. I speak as someone with plenty of family and friends north of the border who despair at what these vandals are getting away with because they enjoy the nationalist ground. Basic services and infrastructure undelivered at every level.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    She is a horrible person , chasing her own agenda regardless of the will of the majority of the Scots people, to remain in the UK.

• Options
    Peter_G said:

That's a reasonable summary Redmidland. And what the Scots might want to think about if they have the referendum is how the EU will treat an independent Scotland. Scotland receives quite a lot of Westminster money under the Barnett formula. They will surely kiss that goodbye if they achieve independence. Will they expect the EU to replace that with subsidies? Why would the EU agree to that? Maybe they would agree to it in exchange for Scotland adopting, say, the Euro and Schengen?

In the same way that people voted Brexit despite the warnings that they would be poorer as a result, lots of people in Scotland will vote for independence, knowing they will be poorer, after all money isn't everything

Financially, the sums for an independent Scotland at the moment look pretty rocky, having to implement severe spending cuts on the first day of independence would be a painful start