Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hodgson resigns.

Comments

• Options
    Good owl looking useless bastard
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

There are no English managers around good enough. But I'm sure that won't stop many desperate to have an Englishman in charge.

I think you mean there are no England players good enough mate.
    Flat track bullies.
  • Options
    I'm not fired, I quit
  • Options
    1st decision he's got right all tournament!
  • Options
    Need someone who installs a winning mentality into the players. Who that is I don't know. Fed up of watching abject England failure every 2 years.

• Options
    BoJo
  • Options
    Ian Wright I'd be happy with
  • Options
    Benetiz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He resigns???!!!

Fuck me.
  • Options
    Jose Riga babyyyyy
  • Options
    Martinez please
  • Options
    or pullis fot that matter - cut our cloth and grind our way through a tournament - would get andy caroll in the squad thats for sure
  • Options
    Warnock would probably pick players on heart rather than talent and get us to a final by hook or by crook!!!!
  • Options
    Yay Andy Carroll to get in the end of all those quality balls in from our non existent wingers.
  • Options
    Bring back Hoddle.

Mad bastard but Bobby Robson's dead and therefore (just) out of the running.
  • Options
    I suppose it saves us from the embarrassment of getting turned by over by someone decent......oh hang on......
  • Options

Yay Andy Carroll to get in the end of all those quality balls in from our non existent wingers.

no, for getting on the end of things when desperate in the last 15 minutes - as we always are
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016

What you do when you pick a squad is try to cover eventualities. So if you a team is comfortable against you, having a player like Carroll means you can go route one when desperate! He shouldn't be in the England team because he is the best striker, but because he has different attributes that may help you in a situation you are likely to face at some point!

Hoddle won't get it, but I think he would do a good job. Having done the job before should be a positive and he wasn't terrible when he did have it!
  • Options
    The FA will wait to the end of the tournament and then erect a plan to emulate the winners. After 2010 we decided to copy Spain and we've done as well as them in the last 2 tournaments. Therefore the FA I doing exactly what they've set out to do.
  • Options
    Which is odd because Eddie Jones has had some short term success by doing the opposite and working out what English players do well and then forging a side that tries to do those things and then add more in.
  • Options
    I'd also find out which English keeper has the best penalty record in any of our professional leagues, including league 2. If a keeper has a special record, they would go as my third keeper as an option to use if you are heading towards penalties! That is something that a sad old fart like Hodgson would never consider. Because it isn't fair on better keepers, but you need to look for attributes.
  • Options
    Alex Ferguson, it's a part time job so would suit him
  • Options
    hoddle is becoming the new big ron - he develops a new term each match - 'release man' he unveiled today - he said we needed one and wasn't talking about a pacy 'out ball' - it was something else - not in the 'pocket', another of his favourites or acting as a 'screen' - but a 'release man' - i think he'd be wasted back in management
  • Options
    Hodgeson should have done the honourable thing and sneaked out with the laundry.
  • Options
    Alex Ferguson is a good call - It is a part time job and he is ruthless and a winner!
  • Options
    About two years too late Woy.

Pochettino, Bilic or Howe please.