Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hodgson resigns.

Comments

• Options
    Anyone who teach passing to feet and movement off the ball.
    Keep it simple and not too complicated, and then maybe move on to tactics.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    What have we got to lose by given Howe a go? Would be like a breath of fresh air.
  • Options
    Pochettino for me.
  • Options

Alex Ferguson is a good call - It is a part time job and he is ruthless and a winner!

he would never take it - 1. he's scottish 2. he knows we have shit players.more chance of him becoming leader of the labour party - in fact, more chance of him becoming leader of the tory party!
  • Options
    He might, if it tickled his fancy. Anyway, he wouldn't be offered it - give it to Howe!
  • Options
    1) BIG SAM

2) SEAN DYCHE

Tell you what - the England players wouldn't have put out that 2nd half performance if either of those two were in charge.

• Options
    If the fa thought for one minute ferguson would take the job, it would be his.
  • Options
    The commentator was talking about the likliehood of Rashford coming on 10 minutes before he did. It says it all about Woy! I don't care if he is a nice loyal guy, he is a pathetic loser who has cocked up in three consecutive tournaments!
  • Options
    Sack the manager? Reeeaaaallly?
  • Options

1) BIG SAM

2) SEAN DYCHE

Tell you what - the England players wouldn't have put out that 2nd half performance if either of those two were in charge.

Didn't even think of him. He's the future for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His voice is a bit grating!
  • Options
    It is down to shit coaching at all levels, it cannot be anything else, our record is shocking compared to every international team of our size
  • Options
    Good!
  • Options

It is down to shit coaching at all levels, it cannot be anything else, our record is shocking compared to every international team of our size

Whilst I agree the players that were out there tonight should have easily beaten Iceland. For me it's two things. Obviously the tactics were wrong but at the same time the players should know it isn't working and take it upon themselves to try something different. Rashford was the only one that did.

Second, it's a confidence thing. No other explanation for miscontrolling a simple ball or misplacing a 5 yard pass. It has to be mental.

It seems to be simple, get a manager in with sound tactics but above all the ability to actually inspire the players. You never got the impression the players enjoyed playing under Hodgson. I think the next one in also needs the balls to drop players like Rooney, he was shocking today and the captaincy needs to be stripped of him immediately.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Alex Ferguson is 74 years old.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Hodgson looked on edge and I suspect he passed that on to the players to an extent! He demands they all sing the national anthym - let the fans sing that - I would ask the players to focus during that time! If they want to sing it, they can of course but I wouldn't want them getting themselves too pumped up!

I'd also have my cheating strategies sorted.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Whilst I agree the players that were out there tonight should have easily beaten Iceland. For me it's two things. Obviously the tactics were wrong but at the same time the players should know it isn't working and take it upon themselves to try something different. Rashford was the only one that did.

Second, it's a confidence thing. No other explanation for miscontrolling a simple ball or misplacing a 5 yard pass. It has to be mental.

It seems to be simple, get a manager in with sound tactics but above all the ability to actually inspire the players. You never got the impression the players enjoyed playing under Hodgson. I think the next one in also needs the balls to drop players like Rooney, he was shocking today and the captaincy needs to be stripped of him immediately.
    I don't know if the players needed inspiring, or needed calming down or both.

They were MASSIVELY tense in the second half, hence the heavy legs and miscontrols. We've seen that enough last season, where Charlton players would make the most simple mistakes
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

DOUCHER said:

74 is middle aged these days - been plenty older - irrelevant anyway - he would never take the job
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Oggy Red said:

DOUCHER said:

74 is middle aged these days - been plenty older - irrelevant anyway - he would never take the job
    If Fergie was in charge of England, we'd still lose to Iceland

But deliberately!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Onlyme said:

What's Mike Bassett doing now?

Wasn't he in charge of England tonight ?
  • Options
    As long as it's not Pardew.
  • Options
    Eddie Howe for me
  • Options
    Nailed on it'll be Southgate.

English football is just rotten to the core.
  • Options
    They ought to put Hodgson in the stocks, so we can throw rotten eggs and over ripe tomatoes at him. He made a lot of money from around six years of failure!
  • Options

They ought to put Hodgson in the stocks, so we can throw rotten eggs and over ripe tomatoes at him. He made a lot of money from around six years of failure!

Tinned tomatoes gets my vote
  • Options

Anyone who teach passing to feet and movement off the ball.
    Keep it simple and not too complicated, and then maybe move on to tactics.

Is it really the job of the England manager to teach premier league players how to pass and move?? We're in trouble if it is!

• Options
    Don't get me wrong, I am not defending Hodgson after that display, but...

I genuinely believe there is some sort of "behind-the-scenes" interference going on with England managers. I've thought this ever since the top English scorer in the Premier League (Darren Bent) wasn't taken to the World Cup, and a player who had never even kicked the ball in a 90 minute game for his club (Walcott) was.

After Beckham stood down, after a press conference in which McCartney basically dropped him, I remember journalists implying that sponsors may not approve of that...

And if you look at the last God knows how many tournaments, there has always been the surprise inclusion of an injured player or two. In the past there has been Owen, Wilshire this tournament, and even Rooney and his broken metatarsal in the past. Surely all those past managers can't be equally stupid to fill a place in their limited squad size with a player you hope can get fit "on the job"!

So, to me, that implies unseen pressure being put on the coach by unseen forces in the F.A.. And that also implies, that someone from OUTSIDE the F.A. putting pressure on the suits. Maybe an "incentive" by an agent who's client was up for a contract renewal, or looking for a new club. Or another who was up for some big sponsorship deal. (Hart and Head and Shoulders, anyone?)

For me, the same things have been going on too long now, for it to be a coincidence...
  • Options
    There is an extremely serious problem with the England football team.

Almost feels like it doesn't matter who the manager or players are, we will never have the bottle to beat teams of important major tournament matches and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse.

Will the pain of this humiliation carry on through to the world cup where we really turn it around and prove a point?

Heard it all before.

Doubt it very much.

We have a bizarre psychological curse above our heads. The golden generation had this curse but as we had much better players....it was slightly easier to carry.

The root cause of all of this probably goes quite deep.

You cannot just brush that aside "oh that's classic case of underdog victory David v Goliath stuff"

It isn't normal.

We had a 100℅ qualifying record knocking shit teams about left right and centre.

Then when it gets more exciting and serious....we just fade and don't want to know. No ideas....no determination....just hide away in our shells scared shitless

Why can't we rise to the challenge? The players have always possessed decent footballing ability as individuals.

A simple diagnosis is that for one thing.....the players just don't care ENOUGH. If they did, we would have thumped Iceland 3-0 minimum.

Credit to Iceland as they were the better side of course....

Rooney wants to continue to make himself available but I think the new manager should overlook him. Rooneys name is apart of England's awful underachieving record at finals tournaments.

Let him go. He is finished.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I think managers have their favourites. They also like to see things that others don't! The answer to your question, is that yes they can be equally stupid. When Bent was on top form, he was picked but the England team made no allowance for his game. I thought it was a game made for international defences that are often suspect against pace. Surely a decent manager would use a game or two to test out what Bent could do with the same sort of support he got at his club! But there is an unconcious snobbery that rather than think - this palyer must be decent to be top scorer playing for a team like Charlton - they think he can't be that good because he plays for Charlton!

This is something we can talk about with some knowledge. Fans of other clubs will probably have similar stories.