Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hodgson resigns.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    He probably has the awareness that his appointment wouldn't go down well with fans! Shame his FA masters haven't got a Scooby!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I'm waiting for a petition for Hodgson to give back at lease half of the money he has stolen!
  • Options
    Is Karel Fraeye available?
  • Options
    Southgate doesn't want to be a short term coach, if he was offered the job full time he would jump at it.

Don't blame him if he isn't good enough to be the permanent manager, why bother with it.
  • Options

Southgate has turned the job down apparently...

best news of the past four days
  • Options
    Klinsmann is apparently in the running. Did well with Germany and very well with USA. Could be an interesting choice
  • Options
    Pardew is under a lot more pressure at Palace since the Americans got involved. Getting to a cup final and nearly winning it helped, but Steve Parrish is working Hard to convince the Yanks that despite spending a fortune on wages and more money on it's way, big nose is the man for the job. Palace only stayed up by 5 points.
    As the rumours are gathering pace about AP off the field activities again in the means streets of the London/Surrey boarders, his agent should suggest to the FA that he would do the job for a million less that uncle Roy.
    who in turn took the job on a couple of million short of what Cappello was earning.

Sean Dyche would be a good shout(LOL) but not sure the super Ego's in the England team would listen to him ?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    The FA are clueless. They should do what RD did and ask Lennie for a list of possibles on the back of an offer to be involved, which then gets mysteriously withdrawn.
  • Options
    I find it difficult to watch England as it is, if Alan Pardew got the job, I can honestly say I'd never watch England again
  • Options

Klinsmann is apparently in the running. Did well with Germany and very well with USA. Could be an interesting choice

Did he do that well?

A lot of people suspect that Germany's world cup campaign of 2006 was actually masterminded by Joachim Low who was his assistant at the time.

He then went to Bayern and was sacked after less than a year after losing a quarter of his games.

And success with the USA has been debatable. One Gold cup win is all they have to show for his time there.

I genuinely don't think he's that good a manager and certainly not strong enough for what we need to overhaul us right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was it him or Bob Bradley who got the USA to the Final of the Confederations Cup?
  • Options
    Bradley. Klinsmann took over in 2011
  • Options

Is Karel Fraeye available?

Always.
  • Options

Did he do that well?

A lot of people suspect that Germany's world cup campaign of 2006 was actually masterminded by Joachim Low who was his assistant at the time.

He then went to Bayern and was sacked after less than a year after losing a quarter of his games.

And success with the USA has been debatable. One Gold cup win is all they have to show for his time there.

I genuinely don't think he's that good a manager and certainly not strong enough for what we need to overhaul us right now.
    He's not exactly expected to win the World Cup with the USA is he?

Performed better than England in the World Cup with limited players sticking to a very good gameplan. Came 4th in the Copa America which is far better than England in the Euros.
  • Options
    Tim Sherwood it is then.
  • Options
    How about Eddie Jones?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Serious point, however crazy this may sound; there should be a break away from the FA and a new authority formed with far more input from professionals and run by football people and not businessmen in blazers. We are constantly told about the wonderful work the FA do for the amatuer game and grass roots football, well let them continue this whilst a new body is formed. It happened in Darts, Tennis, Cricket and other sports I would think.
  • Options
    While Eddie jones may be mercenary he isn't an idiot.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Serious point, however crazy this may sound; there should be a break away from the FA and a new authority formed with far more input from professionals and run by football people and not businessmen in blazers. We are constantly told about the wonderful work the FA do for the amatuer game and grass roots football, well let them continue this whilst a new body is formed. It happened in Darts, Tennis, Cricket and other sports I would think.

No, let somebody else actually do real work for grass roots football and not pretend they do like the FA!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    poor old uncle .. terrific clip in yesterday's S Times describing Roy's management style during games ... 'like a cow watching a train go past, no idea what's happening' .. hahahahahha .. mind you, this was a gibe from a Belgian pundit, and they aint pulled up too many trees
  • Options
    The English national side is doomed. I honestly can't see anything or any light of hope that may suggest otherwise.