Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, who should be next England manager and should he be English?

Comments

• Options
    Hoddle
  • Options
    Why is everyone saying Hoddle? He's been out of the game for 15 or so years...I think the game has changed immensely in the last five years.
  • Options
    Dodgy 'arry is being mentioned.

Southgate looks like the usual FA appointment. Nice guy, internal appointment. But what's he ever done as a manager?

Claudio Ranieri. He knows how to turn a shit team into winners.
  • Options
    Bilic
  • Options
    I want Mourinho. But as we can't have him, I'd take Alladyce as he's the closest we've got. He's a meticulous planner and very good motivator. Despite being a bit of an arrogant ass, it seems to work for him. Can't see the FA doing it though. Especially after the way West Ham disposed of him.
  • Options
    Him?image
  • Options
    Has to be Hoddle.
  • Options
    How about the Chuckle brothers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Howe for me if he'll take it. Remember reading an article about how he drills it into the heads of his Bournemouth players that the history of the club and the pride of wearing the badge are the most important things, reckon he could sort out that bunch of prima donas. Not a bad tactician either.
  • Options
    SAF
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    No English manager is good enough.

Get someone that can actually manage at the top level in.

Manuel Pellegrini at the moment seems the best candidate.
  • Options
    Bilic or Bielsa.
  • Options
    Got to be English but not a lot of choice is there!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Frank Rijkaard.

But I think it will be Big Sam. I'll be interested to see if any players "retire". I've always been a supporter of Rooney, but he's time is up now.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Redrobo said:

I thought Roy would do better. I was very surprised that he did not take Carroll as a different option and when you need to lob the ball in.

Also surprised we did not have a settled 1st team and style of play.

I thought at the last world cup he should have taken Shelvey for the same reason (not this tournament as his form was not good enough). You need something different sometimes. It isn't easy but important. I think when the FA interview for the next manager, they should ask what mistakes Hodgson made and they should go back to previous regimes too. This shouldn't be a catch you out question, but a presentation for the new candidate to prepare and make. I think this would help find the right man.
  • Options
    Rather than focus on the manager - the biggest failure over the years must be that of the people who pick the manager. Curbs gave an account of what a farce the process was in respect to him in his book.
  • Options
    Bilko said:

Eddie Howe.

That's my shout
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The FA have always been the same - only want a Yes man. It stretches as far back as when the refused to appoint Brian Clough. The one man they did appoint that was against the grain was Terry Venables - we actually look good then. Until this blundering bunch of dianasours have a look at themselves nothing will change. It's absolutely farcical. No manager worth his salt will even consider the job.
  • Options
    The sad fact is, and may God strike me down if I am telling a lie, but if I was asked who was most likely to pick the best man for the job - the FA or a Charlton life poll. I would honestly and sincerely go with the latter!
  • Options

Gareth Southgate is favourite with some bookies. The suits at the FA would probably appoint him as well

I reckon the p***** knob has been groomed to take over.

He'd be a fit for the FA.
  • Options

I've never given a shit about England, everyone fails when appointed England manager, at least if Pardew got the job he would fail and I could give him dog's abuse all day long

Ditto.

Coupled with p***** having to find a new manager which could help a relegation.
  • Options
    Allardyce, pulis not a chance in hell should they be considered

Southgate should be dismissed from consideration as well

What basis would you even consider them struggling league mgrs at best focus on not losing over winning

A young up and coming mgr forceful when required, brave and bold in attack and organised through meticulous planning, get the manager that's stock is rising and has no baggage of fear

Its simple

Sean dyche
    Or
    Eddie howe

I'd take Sean as first choice
  • Options
    Sir Alec Ferguson or Big Sam as interim manager while they take their time to find the right candidate

Shearer?
  • Options
    Previously the FA have said the English manager should have European experience, this is bollocks! the English manager needs to understand how to set up a team and get the best out of players. This notion of having European experience somehow makes you a tactical genius have been proved to be false in the last 4 managers.

You either have it or you dont.
  • Options
    I am hoping Eddie Howe.

The manager must always be English.