Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Slade - Charlton "miles away" from a squad to challenge at the top

Comments

• 'Huge' offer for Pope?
  • Soon to be bitter ex employee Russell Slade.
  • 12 months ago the coach said he needed 2 or 3 more players, he never got them
  • Nug said:

I know he's f**kin useless but surely this is where Murray has to step in and help Slade out in persuading the owner that unless he puts a decent squad together RD is going to lose a hell of a lot more money. Maybe he is, but I have my doubts.

Murray has done sweet FA since this circus pulled into town other than arse licking to ensure he gets his money.
    Note to Murray, you won't be getting it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    In the initial Slade press conference it was Katrien (I know we've made mistakes and this is a fresh start) Miere who made emphasis at least twice, that Slade was now our 'manager'.
    As in not the head coach.
    Trouble is Katrien does not know the difference.
  • Ok peeps NOW I'M WORRIED! !! I'm normally positive about a forth coming season, but now I'm shitting it big time!
  • HandG said:

Maybe looking too deep into things but I also found it telling that he could barely make eye contact with Louis when talking about our situation and only cheered up when talking about his reception from the Orient fans.

Also, if we can't afford Buxton and Foley, where the hell are we going to get the cash for six new players?

Spot on, on the eye contact and on Buxton & Foley. Good interview by Louis.
  • Can just see Rick doing an interview with former Charlton manager Russell Slade in a forthcoming edition of the voice.
  • CARD, time for a new statement! No need to get the games postponed, we won't have a team to field or a manager!
  • Good to hear tbh. We all know it's true so it's a relief to have this said by a manager rather than the "we can only play 11 players" said by managers in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    Should have got it in writing Rusty? Sadly most of us could see what would happen, however there is still another six weeks to go before the transfer window ends so things may change.

Challenging times, Charlton Athletic. Challenging times!
  • Why is slades post match conference not on the official site yet?I wonder?
  • To sum up, oh fuck.
  • I really like Slade and I'm desperate to see him succeed but this interview was very worrying.

It seems the penny may have dropped with regard to our owner and his bit on the side.

I can see him walking before the year's out.
  • This game where Slade had no choice but to field academy players vs orient is probably the only game Roland has at spent at least 5 mins of his time streaming/watching from his Belgian lair.

The conflict of interest from the owner to the manager is just going to increase to the point where something's gotta give...and it ain't gana be Roland that withdraws from the organisation.

"I gave you Ricky Holmes, what more do you want"

RS: a goalkeeper, at least

RD: huh?
  • I read it that we needed to make profits and so the sales of Pope, Cousins and JBG along with likes of Henderson, Watt, Igor leaving have balanced the books. He points out other areas being more important, so obviously only has permission to sign 1/2 at this stage, and there's no doubt a GK is more important than squad players like Buxton at the moment.

So for me, we are probably reliant on Lookman going for a fairly significant sum for Slade to be given some funds to increase squad size.

That's my optimistic view, and wouldn't be surprised if this interview is followed by the Lookman sale, a few more coming in and Slade being forced to say that they had to sell their best asset to fund the necessary recruits. I just hope if this is the case that he is allowed to sign some decent players.