Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slade - Charlton "miles away" from a squad to challenge at the top

Comments

• Options
    If some of that budget is paying Kashi and Bauer (I believe come back when I see it) - then it could be dead money anyway!
  • Options
    The signings were to boost season ticket sales, nothing more than that. We all knew certain players would leave, I dont think for one min any of us would expect to let 3 keepers go (henderson we all assumed would).
  • Options

If some of that budget is paying Kashi and Bauer (I believe come back when I see it) - then it could be dead money anyway!

Even worse, it's going on paying Sarr and Watt!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The sad truth is we have a squad to challenge for the bottom 4
    (as of 23/7/16)
  • Options
    Slade seems to be in a very similar position to Bruce at Hull albeit two divisions lower.
  • Options

Or some of it. Powell managed to fund our promotion push on the proceeds of Jenkinson's £1m sale to Arsenal!

Exactly.
  • Options
    I am sure I remember reading KM said they would give the new manager what he needed to get us out of this league at the first attempt??
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Anyone who has a season ticket this year is getting exactly what they deserve.

I think I understand the sentiment behind this but for many people they don't want their club taken away.
    Season ticket and non season ticket holders deserve a properly run club.
    There is a game at the Valley on Tuesday evening, That gives them 57 hours to change the landscape before some people, season ticket holders or not, gather in the West Stand to 'advise' Russell Slade and Katrien Meire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

I am sure I remember reading KM said they would give the new manager what he needed to get us out of this league at the first attempt??

The first time she have told the truth since time immemorial.
    Trapdoor beckons.
  • Options
    They're selling players to balance the books and I'm not convinced we're finished selling yet. 1, 2 or maybe 3 more. Then we'll be doing our usual attempt to find unattached unfit players in September.

Has this regime got a clue that sport is about making yourself competitive rather than giving every other team in your league a competitive advantage. Was really thinking we might get out of tho awful league in the next couple of season, sadly starting to worry it might be through relegation rather than promotion. Our only hope is Slade and his experience.

Waiting for when this statement gets removed or altered as it evidently a pack of lies...top priority is selling! Print it up for a CARD banner!

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-charlton-athletic-relegation-to-league-one-3068129.aspx
  • Options
    I'm convinced CAFC spells money laundering in Flemish!
  • Options

Anyone who has a season ticket this year is getting exactly what they deserve.

Nice.
  • Options
    FORD said:

They're selling players to balance the books and I'm not convinced we're finished selling yet. 1, 2 or maybe 3 more. Then we'll be doing our usual attempt to find unattached unfit players in September.

Has this regime got a clue that sport is about making yourself competitive rather than giving every other team in your league a competitive advantage. Was really thinking we might get out of tho awful league in the next couple of season, sadly starting to worry it might be through relegation rather than promotion. Our only hope is Slade and his experience.

Waiting for when this statement gets removed or altered as it evidently a pack of lies...top priority is selling! Print it up for a CARD banner!

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-charlton-athletic-relegation-to-league-one-3068129.aspx

Everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie. Anybody who believes a word she says, is lying to themself.
  • Options
    "our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship"

Going really well so far.

Slade should just print that article out, highlight the above quote and march into her office.

If she comes up with more pathetic excuses, he should resign.
  • Options
    I would be interested to know what MK Dons and Bolton have done with their squads since relegation, anyone know?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I would be interested to know what MK Dons and Bolton have done with their squads since relegation, anyone know?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016-17_Milton_Keynes_Dons_F.C._season

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Bolton_Wanderers_F.C._season

MK Dons don't seem to have made huge changes, but then they were pretty much a League One side with a League One squad budget already.

Bolton seem similar to us with a lot of players leaving, a couple for decent money and not a great deal coming in (although the players they have signed are solid for this level). They also seem to have a problem with squad balance with relatively few defenders but hundreds of strikers!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016-17_Milton_Keynes_Dons_F.C._season

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Bolton_Wanderers_F.C._season

MK Dons don't seem to have made huge changes, but then they were pretty much a League One side with a League One squad budget already.

Bolton seem similar to us with a lot of players leaving, a couple for decent money and not a great deal coming in (although the players they have signed are solid for this level). They also seem to have a problem with squad balance with relatively few defenders but hundreds of strikers!
    Thanks for this!