Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To those who hasn't renewed your season ticket, how many seasons did you commit?

Comments

• Options
    Been a season ticket holder since we moved to Selhurst in 1985 so thirty years and have been going since 1975. This will now be the first season I haven't renewed. That's me, two kids, dad, his wife and two family friends. And no, I didn't get a phone call from the club. And I will miss it terribly but my money will go to Bromley FC until the owners go.
  • Options
    24 years - will renew as soon as they go :(
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    12 years, a short time compared to others on here.
  • Options
    19 Years for me, 13 and 8 for my two sons
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    No season ticket but didn't miss a game at Selhurst or Upton Park. Had the season ticket for Premier League seasons to secure a seat with my mate Steve, first in the West then upper North.

Have picked and chosen games in the last few seasons and won't now go until the regime have gone, but like a poster above said it's very easy to find yourself not missing it at all and doing other things with friends and family.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    17/18 I think it's at with the odd match ticket prior to signing up to the full life sentence - 75% of my life dedicated to the cause. Get these wankers out so I can continue something I expected to do forever
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    First season ticket in 75/76 cost £5. Thats 38 years. Havent been to a single home match since Twoshits / The Liar sold Kerm. For me it was very clear early on that these cunts didn't have a clue. First match January 1970.
  • Options
    26 years and 12 for my son
  • Options
    I've been going since the 1974/75 season, often - but not always - as a ST holder. My Dad and Grandad started going in the 40s and 20s respectively.

I won't be back again until RD sells.
  • Options
    First game 1975,first season ticket 86-7 season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paid at the gate 1975-1999
    S/T 2000/2015/16
  • Options
    I would also like to add to my post above that I have two grandsons who I was planning to introduce to football and hopefully start off another generation of my family supporting Charlton Athletic.

This is not going to happen now and our Saturdays will be spent fishing instead.
  • Options

I would also like to add to my post above that I have two grandsons who I was planning to introduce to football and hopefully start off another generation of my family supporting Charlton Athletic.

This is not going to happen now and our Saturdays will be spent fishing instead.

I know how you feel Mike. This was probably going to be the season I start taking one of my sons to a few games. Really hope that will prove the case later in the season

• Options
    16 and a half seasons. (Got a half-season ticket that started in January 2000.)
  • Options
    Borne in 1959 but am told I first went to the Valley in 1958.
    But for now I have better things to do until things change.
  • Options
    January 1962, v Derby County FA Cup 4th Round for me.

Ceased attending games last November, but have, and will continue to help and support the pre match protests before returning home to follow the match on CL.

Back like a shot once the lunatic and the liar have gone.
  • Options
    Probably ten years with a ST over the last 20 years, fits and starts depending on where I've been living, work, etc. But I will not set foot in The Valley again until Roland has sold up and moved on. This is not the Charlton I used to love with all my heart and soul, not the club of Curbishley, not the club of the Valley Party. We want our Charlton back, and when we get it I like many others will return. Until then it's non-league for me, and maybe the odd away game.
  • Options
    stormin said:

I will miss it terribly but my money will go to Bromley FC until the owners go.

I hope that anyone else who's boycotting also takes their cash and gets down to watch their local non-league side to get their football fix there. It gives me great pleasure to know that my boycott is not just taking money out of RD's pocket, but it's going into the grassroots of the game where it makes a real difference.
  • Options
    36 years going to the Valley (and other home 'grounds') 18 years with a season ticket, two for the last seven.

I don't know when I will go again. Maybe something away later in the year. RD must go for me!?
  • Options
    22 years for me.

Interestingly, both Welling and Bromley have contacted me about buying a season ticket. Charlton haven't. Says it all really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been going since 1986 and had a season ticket for the past 18. It kills me every time I think about what's happening to the club.
  • Options
    started going last game of 76/77 season. season ticket from 79/80 to 89/90 and then from 98/99. Wont renew until the belgium mugs go or they start running the club properly. A few away games for me this season
  • Options
    Season ticket holder for 19 years, through the ups and dark downs but with the contempt shown to fans by these cretins I had little choice but not to renew. I'm still waiting for the phone call though!! Mind you when I read of the hexagonal nets my will weakened. What genius thought of that as a winning marketing ploy??
  • Options
    STH since 85/86

My biggest concern is my son losing interest so that's a major factor for me if I bite the bullet or still attend games on a match by match basis.

I think I would be more likely to renew even if RD owned the club but Meire was gone.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

At the age of 22, this would have been my 23rd season as a ST holder (for the maths - I've been going since I was eight months old, or indeed zero actual years of age).

You're 22?

You're 7 years younger than me?

This doesn't compute
  • Options
    Anyway, I've been going since 2000 but I got my first season ticket last season. It was such a great idea that I'm probably doing it again this season
  • Options
    22, STH since 1994
  • Options
    This would have been my 40th successive season ticket. I have bought several for the last 15 years but none this season and no more until we have proper owners.
  • Options
    24 for me, dad goes back longer.

Not another penny.
  • Options
    1990/91 -> 2015/16, 26 seasons.
    Age 6 -> 32

My sons are 1 and 3. Charlton are in grave danger of losing the next generation of fans.