Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To those who hasn't renewed your season ticket, how many seasons did you commit?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    First match v Hull in Div 3 1980, season ticket in the covered end 1981, dropped out during Selhurst years but lured back organising trips for West Hill school Dartford through Mick Everett in 1999 and returned to season ticket with my brother in 2000. Got season tickets for my two girls five years ago. Both of them reluctant to go until CARD protests which actually got them interested in going. Feel wired that I won't be going to football this season at the valley. Through divorce,marriage birth of kids the trips to Charlton have been the constant that marked the mile stones in my life. This link has been broken as I can't go again until the Belgians are gone.
  • Options
    Been going to the Valley since the late 50's. Season ticket since they started doing them for the old East terrace, not sure when that was now, so long ago.

I packed it in 2 seasons ago because of the current regime.
  • Options
    Got my first season ticket in the 1981/82 Division 3 promotion season. 34 years. The only thing that I thought would stop me going was a visit from the grim reaper. The sad thing is that I actually feel relieved at not buying one this year.
  • Options
    Let's revisit this thread after they have gone. My bet is most posting will return which is probably not so true for newer fans who they are driving away through their chronic mismanagement. The irony, of course, is that it's the oldies they don't want who are the most loyal to the club. Demographic timebomb unless we get some success in the next decade.
  • Options
    26 years for me, and no intent of returning till they are gone.
  • Options
    First game was a friendly against Ostende around 1966? Been going ever since. Guess I'm typical of my age group, seen my share of promotions and relegations, was one of the 700-odd to watch the Sunderland cup game at Sellout Park, then there was St Andrews for the play-off game, first game back at The Valley, Wembley etc. had a season ticket for many years but will not be renewing this season. Was a no-brainer really. Sick of the regime and the shite players they signed and the shite 'managers' they put in charge. Like many Lifers I'll pick and choose my games but will be back when this cancer has been cut out of our club. What these people have done to Charlton - our club - is beyond belief, you couldn't make it up. They even want to charge people extra to buy tickets on a match-day for f***s sake! Oh well, Bromley here I come. see y'all when they have pissed off to Belgium (that's if I haven't got out of the habit and found something else to do on a Saturday.)
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

Shocked at the lack of hardcore Charlton here.

I was conceived in the club shop fitting room.

I was born under The Covered End.
    That's a song from Paint Your Wagon, isn't it?
  • Options
    only 7 for me but have been attending games since '97
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

• Options
    Had one for 4 years before going off to university, had fully intended on picking one up again now that it's all finished but no chance with this lot in charge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1st game March 1956, Season Ticket since return to the Valley, but not this season.
  • Options
    I first saw Charlton in the 1994/95 season. I think it might have been the first football match I had ever been to. It was a thrilling 3-4 loss to Derby County but from that day I was hooked. The roar of the home fans each and every time those goals went in was brilliant. Little did I know at the time that one of those players we were cheering would end up being one of our club's more modern pariahs, Mr Alan Pardew himself.

I had a season ticket the next year, 1995/96, and went every year until I moved away from the South so I missed the infamous 2006/07 season. So 1995/96 to 2005/06. An 11 season run. I will only think about trying to challenge that run once these clowns have left the Valley.
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

I was born under a wandering star, Lee Marvin.
  • Options
    Been attending the valley since early 1962, STH since around 1998. No way is the regime getting my season ticket money - in advance. So will buy some home tickets as it happens. One day they will slink away.
  • Options
    Saw my first game at Charlton in 1957, we beat Middlesboro 6-2 (their team included Brian Clough and Peter Taylor).
    Saw occasional games until 1986. Then got season ticket until last season.
    Hopefully when someone like Peter Varney or anyone apart from Duchatelet and Co.
    take over I will be back!!!
  • Options
    I take my hat off to all of you, makes my 75 debut seem ordinary, this thread should be sent to the club weekly.
  • Options

I take my hat off to all of you, makes my 75 debut seem ordinary, this thread should be sent to the club weekly.

I've already sent it to Meire.
  • Options

I've already sent it to Meire.
    Good to know, they should be
  • Options
    Ashamed.
  • Options
    Was thinking about this thread earlier on, could we coordinate and all write our individual stories under a cafc official Facebook or Twitter post? Would be quite powerful if we could get a thousand or so on there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't use Twitter or Facebook, anything I want to say, I am happy with CL
  • Options
    Lurker said:

Was thinking about this thread earlier on, could we coordinate and all write our individual stories under a cafc official Facebook or Twitter post? Would be quite powerful if we could get a thousand or so on there.

Would be better off in a big red book, presented to Roland Duchatelet in Belgium, This Is Your Life-style (with the music too). Call it This Is Your Fault.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I cant remember. I used to go to every game (since the mid seventies) but didn't have a season ticket until you had to have one or potentially miss the game which was about 98 ish! Got into the habit and have bought one ever since even though they haven't been needed in recent years. And more recently that has included my wife and son. I don't have massive demands - just that the club has ambition and the CEO and owner respects rather than insults fans and respect what Charlton is, not what they want to change it into. I don't think these are unreasonable things to expect.
  • Options
    Had a season ticket from 94 to 2005, me and eventually my eldest daughter. Also had one for the year we had at Upton Park (but NEVER Sellout). Because I have dropped off the map somewhat in recent years and this current regime of Belgian douchebags I would be resistant to buying one again.

BUT

If this lot fuck off I will pledge to one and start going regularly again. There you go!
  • Options

I don't use Twitter or Facebook, anything I want to say, I am happy with CL

Fair enough obviously not everyone is on facebook/twitter. Would need more organisation but imagine a generic crap facebook post about target 20k wanting to change the colour of the season tickets to attract more fans... with hundreds of the above posts highlighting the current problems.

Would get a lot of attention, shares etc. I'm sure some outlets would pick it up.
  • Options
    Been a regular since an early teenager,boycotted selhurst until the Mercury petition,then had a season ticket every season until recently.
  • Options
    First came to the Valley in 1946, and have been a supporter ever since. When in the Navy, I would always come over when on leave. My late wife was a Millwall fan when I married her, influenced by her father, but I soon changed that. We had S/Ts from 1981 onwards, going over to Selhurst, and Upton Park, along with many others at that time. I suppose my most bitter sweet moment was when her name appeared on that big screen the year she died. Still have a S/T, and still go to most games, health permitting, travelling down from Suffolk, but it's so sad to see what that Duchatelet and Meire have done to our club. Can't wait for them to eventually see reason, realise what they are doing to this great club, and go. With supporters like wot we've got (apologies to Ernie Wise), we WILL win through.
  • Options
    Ist year for me was 1952 and Ist season ticket when we were lumped off to
    palace had one up to this season but not been to the valley since.