Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid

Comments

• Options
    Missed It said:

Terrific player - and we haven't had a creative midfielder since he left. That's nearly ten bloody years of square passes!!!

Kerms was creative but as a striker we didn’t see as much of it. Think had we kept him he could eventually have moved back to midfield.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Missed It said:

Terrific player - and we haven't had a creative midfielder since he left. That's nearly ten bloody years of square passes!!!

Kerms was creative but as a striker we didn’t see as much of it. Think had we kept him he could eventually have moved back to midfield.
    He was a number 10 doing what number 10's do, he was never the sort of player to become a midfielder. Although he get get dropped back in front of the back 4 at Watford once
  • Options
    Blimey! Reid had actually lost weight in the last few years of his career, so it's a shame that he's let himself go again

• Options

Blimey! Reid had actually lost weight in the last few years of his career, so it's a shame that he's let himself go again

If he's happy why is it a problem? He's retired after all.

He was always the kind of player that didn't need to do as much running, but was played in a position that forced it. He was never a natural LM.
  • Options
    is it really Reid or another Trump/Khan style balloon ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

He was always the kind of player that didn't need to do as much running, but was played in a position that forced it. He was never a natural LM.
    He did run though, work rate was never really an issue with Reid. His size meant people assumed he was lazy, wasting his career etc. I remember Sunderland fans changed their opinion after seeing him play for them.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    not that i particularly care but why is it that it is okay to mock the larger people but then when i take the piss out of someone like calling dianne abbot a fat slag i am given pelters?.

so what if the fella is a fat fucker - if he is happy why is it an issue same with robinson he was a shocking manager but he is not that big.

i just sometimes think its a lot of double standards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Dazzler21 said:

He did run though, work rate was never really an issue with Reid. His size meant people assumed he was lazy, wasting his career etc. I remember Sunderland fans changed their opinion after seeing him play for them.
    He was defensively weak and we didn't have a good enough CM partner/system to cover for him. Sticking him out on the wing was just lazy management from Pardew.
  • Options

not that i particularly care but why is it that it is okay to mock the larger people but then when i take the piss out of someone like calling dianne abbot a fat slag i am given pelters?.

so what if the fella is a fat fucker - if he is happy why is it an issue same with robinson he was a shocking manager but he is not that big.

Ex pro athlete no longer looks like a pro athelete after retirement

'shock'

• Options
    shine166 said:

'shock'

happens a lot its expected but even a lot of social media outlets slag it off, i even remember last year on telly think it was the sutton united game alan shearer started his career off at the same club as the portly goalie and came out with " i followed my dreams to the premier league this lad followed his dreams to the burger van " yet if i call someone a him or her im a bad person ffs
  • Options
    - I mean, obviously it's not just that one word. It's likely more that weight has far less bearing on how good a politician someone is (case in point: Churchill) than it does when it comes to professional athletes.

I don't think it's right to point out Andy Reid's weight either post-retirement, either. But, yeah, when keeping healthy is near essential for your job, then it makes sense that a sportsperson's weight is scrutinised.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

'shock'
    Just hope he's doing it in a healthy manner and isnt going to harm himself
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

That word right there
    its probably not its from the same posters that label me a nazi/right-wing/neanderthol/stupid etc anyway no need to derail the thread just wondered why its okay to mock some but not others.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

'shock'

Nobody expects a retired footballer to still look super ripped and slim

But it's not unreasonable to be shocked when a 36 year old lets himself go so quickly. If he looks like that now, what will he look like by the time he's 50?
  • Options

Possibly if you thought about what you're saying for a little bit longer you might get it. Though I'm not 100% certain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018

PaddyP17 said:

That word right there
    its probably not its from the same posters that label me a nazi/right-wing/neanderthol/stupid etc anyway no need to derail the thread just wondered why its okay to mock some but not others.
    Stop being such a snowflake and learn to spell neanderthal correctly!
  • Options
    edited September 2018

i just sometimes think its a lot of double standards

A lot of double helpings, I think.
  • Options
    Andy Reid and Peter Garland had trouble keeping the weight off when they were professional footballers. So no surprise they are both the size of combine harvesters when they retired.
  • Options
    Is Reid’s weight gain that bad?

Neil Shipperly

And of course Karl Robinson

• Options
    Scoham said:

Neil Shipperly

I'd say he's around the Robinson level tbf.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Neil Shipperly

Looks like Vicky Pollard in the second pic.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

shine166 said:

'shock'

Nobody expects a retired footballer to still look super ripped and slim

But it's not unreasonable to be shocked when a 36 year old lets himself go so quickly. If he looks like that now, what will he look like by the time he's 50?
    like me or @LargeAddick
  • Options
    Reid did a bit of 5Live punditry last night 'the former Spurs man' was at MK for the cup tie between Spurs and Wallyford