Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid

Comments

• Options
    Saoirse is pronounced like inertia.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Yep a super guy on and off the pitch, we haven't seen a player of his ability since he left.

Very unusual body shape, reminds me of a Charlton player of the 1960's called Cliff Durant who was also a play maker, just not so good.   
    Durandt played the first season I went down there. He was a short chubby little bloke. We got him from Wolves and, as a very young naive boy, I remember saying earnestly to my father and grandparents that Charlton had got this really good first division footballer so we wouldn't get relegated.

They told me gently that the fact he had come from Wolves did not necessarily mean he was any good and they were right. However, ironically enough, so was I as he scored the winner against Southampton in the last minute at The Valley, a game we HAD to win to avoid relegation. We then had a winner takes or loses all match away at Walsall the following week which we managed to win so stayed up on goal average at Walsall's expense.

There's a term the youngsters won't know!
  • Options
    Durandt was South African but did not take the direct route to us like the others.
  • Options
    Wonderful player but he's only 36!!!!???,
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Just showed my missus that as we’re having a girl pretty soon and that’s want I want to call her. Cue, “I’m not having a child called say-orse-ee”!
    Unless you are Irish why give her a name she will constantly have to explain how to pronounce? 
    That’s what my wife says 😕
    Also, if she's (of all things) English, it would be a desperately ironic name.
  • Options
    Sirshah.Now repeat after me.
  • Options
    Aw, shucks.  
  • Options
    Great through-balls for Benty - never forgotten. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Looking at wiki (I know it can be edited but) it states he only played 38 games for us. 

That cant be right can it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching Oztumer tonight (and I’m not saying for a second he is as good as Reidy) but I felt like I was seeing a style of player who could bring some of the stuff Reidy was so good at
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Looking at wiki (I know it can be edited but) it states he only played 38 games for us. 

That cant be right can it?
    Only a season and a half with us, and was injured for some of his time too
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Si Ferry meets Andy Reid . He doesn't discuss us much but it is clear that Andy really didn't want to leave .

Watch from 1.04.00 for the Charlton bit . He praises Dowie and Pardew .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3072OjkLbUk
  • Options
    Iirc (and it might have come from Richard Murray) Sunderland offered him 4x what he was earning with us. He might not have wanted to leave but money talks.......
  • Options
    Loved watching him play
  • Options
    Same can be said for Richard Murray.  Sunderland’s money talked and he took it.  All ifs & buts, still seems very short sighted to flog off your captain & playmaker in January when you’re well placed.
  • Options
    Andy Reid has got Captain Spock ears.

I never knew that. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Remember the goal at Bristol city he set up for Chris Iwelumo. Reid was a kind of an old fashioned player. Really enjoyed watching him. 
    Great evening. Didn't Luke Varney have a stormer that match....?
  • Options
    So he's not the one in charge of Kansas City Chiefs then!!!! 
  • Options
    Still a classy individual both on and off the pitch
  • Options
    Very surprised and sad to see him go.......he genuinely loved the Addicks.
  • Options
    When he left didn't he go to the training ground and The Valley, and personally thank every member of staff for their help and support.
  • Options
    When he left didn't he go to the training ground and The Valley, and personally thank every member of staff for their help and support.
    Correct.
  • Options
    We were only half the team we had been once he left. Real quality player.

And as others have said, apparently a great guy off the pitch.