Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid

Comments

• Options
    Loved him. That is all.
  • Options
    The boy loves the black stuff.
  • Options
    Still have those shorts.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Still have those shorts.

likewise. play footy in them most weeks!
  • Options
    I was gutted when Andy left Charlton.
    Best passer of the ball I've seen at Charlton - sadly a lot of our players weren't always on the same wavelength.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty girl. Doting dad. What's not to like?
  • Options
    Still don’t get the love for him. I’ve tried to understand it. I just don’t get it. 
  • Options
    Just showed my missus that as we’re having a girl pretty soon and that’s want I want to call her. Cue, “I’m not having a child called say-orse-ee”!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Still don’t get the love for him. I’ve tried to understand it. I just don’t get it. 
    Because he was a very good player, one a few genuine playmakers we've had in the last 20 years. Great left foot, close control, could pick a pass, put in a good cross and scored a few goals.

Often written off as a talented player wasting his career, but when you watched him regularly you realise he also had the work rate to go with his ability on the ball.

And as they say, he had a touch like a Champions League player and a body like a Sunday league player.
    Great summary. In terms of his play, I actually see quite a lot of similarities with Jonny Williams - including the fact that Jonny doesn’t look like your typical silky footballer! 
  • Options
    I believe Saoirse is pronounced “Sorsha”. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazed it took so long to stay guessing the name.

That's a top Irish one
  • Options
    Just showed my missus that as we’re having a girl pretty soon and that’s want I want to call her. Cue, “I’m not having a child called say-orse-ee”!
    Unless you are Irish why give her a name she will constantly have to explain how to pronounce? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Unless you are Irish why give her a name she will constantly have to explain how to pronounce? 
    That’s what my wife says 😕
  • Options
    Yep a super guy on and off the pitch, we haven't seen a player of his ability since he left.

Very unusual body shape, reminds me of a Charlton player of the 1960's called Cliff Durant who was also a play maker, just not so good.   
  • Options
    Andy Reid was a phenomenal player, he had so much talent but unfortunately he didn’t have the physical attributes to go and play regularly for a top, top side.

I even remember thinking when we played Forest in the Championship at the end of his career how I’d love for us to have him back, he had so much class and control, dictating each game.

Real shame and gutting when he left, would be great to have him back one day, coaching our future young players how to really look after the ball, find the pockets of space, and pick out a pass no one else would have seen or tried. 
  • Options
    Wonderful player