Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Aabsolute blinder ofa fella , I took my son and my cousins son to the training ground one New Years Day when they were training Reidy took time to come over and have a long chat with them, he didn't rush to get away and made them feel so at ease.
  • Options
    Me and all my group loved him. I remember watching the Bolton game when Herman and Davies both got sent off and he was the difference. Composed, used the ball brilliantly and I was in love with him from then. He had a proper engine on him, used his right foot purely for balance but so what with a wand of a left like he has. 

When he went I knew any glimmer of hopes of going up at the first attempt went with him. 

As I recall Keane was the Sunderland manager at the time and was signing every Irish player that was available at the time paying mega money 
  • Options
    Best passer of the ball I've seen play for us. Loved watching him play.
  • Options
    Very surprised and sad to see him go.......he genuinely loved the Addicks.
    Went as mental as the fans when toddy put away the winner at selhurst. Proper loved him as captain.
  • Options
    Excellent player although a bit injury prone. 

Remember him scoring two penalties against Norwich in a night game. Both hit like a rocket a few inches under the bar and a few inches in from the post.
  • Options
    Loved Reidy and was sad that he left; a really talented player.

It's apparent that he still has a soft spot for us when I hear him on the radio.  Top fella.

Good luck, Reidy.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His skill and cross for Iwellumo to score the winner at Bristol City in front of the away end was a good memory of Reid. Classy player and bloke. 
  • Options
    IF he had not been sold that January. Could be a different story for the club completely!
    He didn't want to go but he did double his salary by leaving (according to Richard Murray), and we couldn't compete with that offer at the time...Great player.
  • Options
    IF he had not been sold that January. Could be a different story for the club completely!
    Yes, not only did we lose him and his quality which was well above the level, but we brought in Gray who was useless and we paid so much for him he kept the much better Iwelumo out of the team.