Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Could Cavendish still be disqualified?
  • Team G's women's hockey team leading the Germans 1-0 at the Quarte Final stage.

Spain.

Think it would have happened earlier
  • stonemuse said:

Could Cavendish still be disqualified?

Think it would have happened earlier
    That's what I guessed but wasn't sure.
  • Never been so engrossed while being clueless to what was happening.. Another silver in the bag
  • edited August 2016
    Sour interview too.

Hasn't praised the winner at all, nor mentioned the bloke who got carried off on a stretcher because of him.

Depends if anyone decides to appeal. Which is doubtful as Viviani who was effected obviously won so has no reason to and the Korean rider who he hospitalised was nowhere near the medals.

So I doubt it.
  • Is what Cav did any different to a Charlton player putting in a bad challenge on an opposing player and getting away without a Red Card?
  • Sour interview too.

Hasn't praised the winner at all, nor mentioned the bloke who got carried off on a stretcher because of him.

You mean his comments to the BBC...

I'm happy. Elia was the best guy there. If you take the points I lost in the elimination I would've been right with him.

"I have got my Olympic medal. It is really nice, but gold would've finished the collection. I did a pursuit yesterday and was unhappy I didn't break the olympic record, that's just me. People are forgetting the team we have got behind us. It is incredible how they have worked. Without those guys I wouldn't be here."

Will he be competing in Japan in four years time? He replies: "I don't think so, but I said that eight years ago. I will retire at some point, but then I will have a month at home and people will tell me to get back on the bike."

Elia being Elia Viviani the winner
  • Is what Cav did any different to a Charlton player putting in a bad challenge on an opposing player and getting away without a Red Card?

If one of our players injured someone with an awful tackle then failed to give a toss I'd think they were a dickhead too.
  • Sponsored links:

If one of our players injured someone with an awful tackle then failed to give a toss I'd think they were a dickhead too.
    How do you know he didnt give a toss?
  • 3-0 in the Hockey, a very one sided match!
  • Anyway, Laura Trott is brilliant.
  • edited August 2016
    Trott is such an amazing cyclist. Made it look so easy winning that race.
  • Laura Trott is so bloody good
  • Team G's women's hockey team leading the Germans 1-0 at the Quarte Final stage.

Spain.
    Ooops ! Trying to watch cycling on the TV and hockey on my laptop !

OK, didn't seem to give a toss.

Talented guy for sure but comes across very badly in my opinion.

OK, didn't seem to give a toss.

Talented guy for sure but comes across very badly in my opinion.

Granted he has been a right petulant prick in the past and I too felt he was in the wrong for the incident yet at the same time dont feel as though it was a Keane on Haaland moment, more the fact he just had a moment of red mist

He made a point of apologising to Viviani as soon as he was back in the pack.
  • Ouseph leading 17-11 in the first game of his badminton last 16 match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Laura Trott is an absolute machine, I also think I love her a little bit.

Kind of, I mean it wasn't for the points and thankfully didn't affect the outcome of the race, where as a red card in football might effect the outcome of the match. Viviani was probably fine and doubt he was effected much by the crash, in fact he probably got a rush of Adrenalin from it, so it could of possibly helped him!

However it was an amateurish crash that was wholly avoidable, and should not be happening at Olympic/professional level. I've seen better riding in 4th cat races I did when I first started racing. I hope he issues an apology or visits the Korean in hospital.

As for his interview after, he's just done 6 very high intensity track events over 2 days, he'll be shattered and he's Cav thats just how he is (love him or hate him). He's probably gutted with himself now that he realised that's he's never going to get an Olympic gold in his career, the only thing he's missing.
  • Brilliant from Trott.

Cavendish doesn't come across too well but that silver medal in such a challenging event is a wonderful achievement.
  • Anyone watching the boxing? Mexican will have three lumps in his throat after that one. Even the ladies in the audience grasped their groins and went Ooooooohhhh
  • Well done Cav, another silver for GB from a superb athlete and competitor who will have dedicated his life to the sport in many ways
  • Racing accident, it happens, he didn't do it on purpose, and bumps will happen on a track.

As for Trott, I stick my view that's she's one of this countries greatest, until she talks, and my god she can talk
  • Rothko said:

Racing accident, it happens, he didn't do it on purpose, and bumps will happen on a track.

As for Trott, I stick my view that's she's one of this countries greatest, until she talks, and my god she can talk

I find it endearing!!
  • Ouseph through to the last 16 , winning by 3 games to 1
  • edited August 2016
    jumped threads
  • Gutting how empty this stadium Is it goes to show how much of a show London 2012 was and how it was received