Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bolton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    8 points in August.

To maintain a credible promotion push we need 7-8 in September from AFC Wimbledon and Oldham Athletic (home) and Fleetwood and Oxford United (away).

Possible.

But will get get any re-inforcements by August 31st?
  • Options
    vff said:

Goals from the game, Konsa lost Trotter for the first (not trying to criticise, Konsa is a promising player), Lookman was a great strike for the second. @Alwaysneil

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/charlton-athletic/10554869/charlton-1-1-bolton

Thanks, I missed who had been at fault for the build up to their goal and because of the position on the pitch and reactions thought it may have been Konsa. Someone else (Bauer?) missed the first challenge and then Kinsa should have blocked the cross. He had the pace to get there just missed it.

Look and strike looks better on tv than I saw it, which is odd because I was sitting right under the TV gantry today. I must have been quite in the game then because I thought he had an age to strike but in live motion it was very fast.

Great strike.
  • Options
    See the club were trying to turn the clock back by handing out Pardew Clappers to the kids in the lower west. Made me laugh seeing the lady who was handing them out was showing the kids how to use them.
  • Options
    A beautiful goal from Lookman. We had not really looked like scoring and then he produces a sublime moment of skill. Fantastic. It was a good game of skill versus commitment. This year we have several players who can move the ball well: Lookman, Holmes, Solly - who played very well in his midfield role, Konsa, plus Ajose when he can get involved. A shame he blew his one on one aka Lisbie. Glad I went. The CARD shirts looked good. The Bolton fans were friendly on the train. I missed the North Korean flag moment.
  • Options

A beautiful goal from Lookman. We had not really looked like scoring and then he produces a sublime moment of skill. Fantastic. It was a good game of skill versus commitment. This year we have several players who can move the ball well: Lookman, Holmes, Solly - who played very well in his midfield role, Konsa, plus Ajose when he can get involved. A shame he blew his one on one aka Lisbie. Glad I went. The CARD shirts looked good. The Bolton fans were friendly on the train. I missed the North Korean flag moment.

Didnt feel as though Ajose blew the one on one... thought the ball was played slightly too ahead of him allowing the 'keeper time to come and make the block.

Had it been played closer to Ajose I reckon he'd have shot straight from the pass rather than having to stab at it
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

See the club were trying to turn the clock back by handing out Pardew Clappers to the kids in the lower west. Made me laugh seeing the lady who was handing them out was showing the kids how to use them.

i don't know what Pardew clappers are.

Are they the balloon tubes you hit together or proper wooden clappers?

If the latter, can we have some made with two pictures of Alan Pardew in his dance pose on the inside faces hitting each other? Or a picture of Katrien on one side and Roland on the other smacking into one another?
  • Options

Is it off to Millers for a Harvey wallbanger now?

Are you referring to our old mascot?
  • Options
    Thought Bolton were a horrible dirty team.

Thought the ref was a bottling shit.

Thought putting Baur on and making loads of changes when Lookman seemed a natural replacement seemed weird.

Thought we deserved the point if not more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

masicat said:

I thought we looked good for most of the match. Holmes superb for 70 minutes and Solly had a stormer. Enjoyed the game and thought Russell got it about right. Parky always was a good manager. However, Bolton are big and very experienced but lacking flair. We will win this league.....

Like shit did he!!! Jacko got injured so bring on a defender. If it was lookman or the Leeds guy we would have won. Russ, if you set up not to win, you won't!
    Agreed. I could not believe the Baur for Jackson substitution. I thought the Walsall win flattered us, and today we were boring ,and apart from Lookman and flashes form Holmes lacked any creativity. Slade has not impressed me so far. Leaving Lookman on the bench for so long was very defensive management.
  • Options
    Can't believe some people didn't understand the Jackson/Bauer substitution

Bolton a big physical side and we needed the physical presence in the air

Good performance but Ajose needs to improve work rate

Like the Holmes and Lookman roles but worry if we can fit both in at the same time - nice to have 2 game changers though in the side.
  • Options
    I guess it was a 4-4-2 diamond but when Holmes was ripping them apart at the tip of the diamond he was further forward than I expected and looked more like 4-3-1-2 to me.

He was ahead of the others who were working pretty flat.

Maybe that's what a 4-4-2 diamond looks like when it's working but I didn't see anyone holding in the bottom of the diamond.
  • Options
    Quyite a

Like the Holmes and Lookman roles but worry if we can fit both in at the same time - nice to have 2 game changers though in the side.

Agreed, playing 2 strikers plus Holmes and Lookman might leave us a bit open against a pacier team than Bolton, especially as Ajose doesn't contribute much outside the box

• Options

Sorry...leaving your best player on the bench...I can't believe that...

• Options
    erithalf said:

He wasnt on the bench... Holmes played the full 90!!... No way is Lookman our best player, best in terms of potential but behind a few still!!
  • Options

erithalf said:

He wasnt on the bench... Holmes played the full 90!!... No way is Lookman our best player, best in terms of potential but behind a few still!!
    Zzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options

erithalf said:

I think he could be our best player if given the minutes to prove it. His control and technique are of a much higher standard than any other player. We all see different things i suppose.
  • Options
    I thought the last sub was the guy from Southampton until I got home; thought he was good. Very mobie and a bit of pace and played a big part in the goal.

Nice to know we have such a good player coming through.

• Options
    I've seen Lookman play a few times and Holmes only twice.

Both good. A good day Lookman better than a good day Holmes. A normal day for both, maybe Holmes is more consistent due to his maturity?

We have to be going for the shortest league 1 danger men badge.

Holmes, Lookman, Ajose...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we played well today and solly was my man of the match and ricky continues to impress. If maginness and ajose had had good games we would have won that; unfortunately they didn't. jackson still remains a significant influence on performance and his absence mattered. Felt like a win at the end and i hope lookman stays
  • Options
    Look we got a pt and could have won.This is what to expect against a lot of teams who will try to kick players like Holmes all over the park.Hold onto Lookman and sign a decent midfield creative player and we will be right up there.Still early days.Not a great lover of RJ but just don't get the booing thing thing with him!Spoke to Theo Foley in Xbars b4 game.Great man and spoke about Harry Gregory RIP- never to be forgotten.Blackpool 72 You know what I mean.
  • Options

erithalf said:

I think he could be our best player if given the minutes to prove it. His control and technique are of a much higher standard than any other player. We all see different things i suppose.
    I think Lookman is our best player. We don't have enough creativity to justify leaving him on the bench. Needs to be starting games soon.
  • Options
    If we start Lookman and Holmes, how would you set the team up?
  • Options
    Overall, a poor quality game with neither side making it look like a top of the table clash. Low crowd and poor/subdued atmosphere.

Some highlights: Ricky Holmes excellent again; Lookie gave them hell when he came on and finished his chance superbly; good to see the BFG back although he looked rusty; Solly exceptional in midfield; Konsa showing he can play effectively at RB.

Bolton are a well drilled, physical team. They doubled up on Holmes but struggled to do that when Lookman came on and started torturing them - they can't easily double up on both. We have to start with them both in the team at home, or when we can reasonably be expected to be favourites. Together they are pretty unplayable.
  • Options
    I can't open the sky link here anyone know how to post it via vine or something
  • Options
    I'd like to see Holmes and Lookman start together but given they do similar things, im not sure how that formation would look.

I thought Holmes was very effective in a central role, and less so out wide when Lookman came on.

I don't know either of them well enough to say. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    NLA you need to worry about green peace trying to get you back in the water
    Son, don't worry about the link.

• Options
    sorry to say ajose poor today i want the the guy to score goals did not work hard enough for the team lookman class
  • Options
    to many centre halfs on the bench