Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bolton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

And those demanding that Ade play as our best player will, of course if he has a slump in form, be the first to moan about the club expecting too much from an 18 year old. And how they have risked a young man's career by expecting too much of him, and pushing him forward too early. ..

He offers so much more than foley and helps take the pressure of Holmes, personally I'd give him a start
  • Options
    edited August 2016

And those demanding that Ade play as our best player will, of course if he has a slump in form, be the first to moan about the club expecting too much from an 18 year old. And how they have risked a young man's career by expecting too much of him, and pushing him forward too early. ..

He offers so much more than foley and helps take the pressure of Holmes, personally I'd give him a start
    Foley offers the defensive protection which helps a lot against teams in this Division as there is a lot of pace.

Quite often in the First Half (Before the changes) you'd see Solly bombing forwards with Foley sitting at Right Back, if I could hazard a guess its exactly why Jackson is playing Left Mid because he was doing the same with Fox.

Ade is still raw and reckon if we play him from the start then Managers have 90mins to suss him out and nulify him (He's still missing that experience others have in this Division)... I prefer seeing him come on in the 60th min as defences will be tired and terrified of his pace (i.e. its happened against Bolton and Shrewsbury)

I know the quoted post doesnt say it but I definitely wouldnt start him ahead of Ajose as I dont see him as someone who'll score 25+ goals in this Division
  • Options
    Whether we like it or not, a fact to consider is that a player at any given time can get a career ending injury.

Any player that has a life changing contract put on the table only requiring their signature would surely be silly not to leave. That is the reality.
  • Options
    Why didn't we give Ade 10 days in Ibiza when we still had THD as cover?
  • Options

So you think THD would have scored that goal yesterday? 2 completely different type of players...
  • Options

Presumably Lennon was on the bench as a left-back, but we clearly do not have enough (fit) players to have seven useful subs. Interesting to see if Johnson plays on Tuesday (see online because I'm not going) because Slade seems to have backed himself into a corner on this as far as proper matches are concerned. Should have dealt with it firmly and forced Johnson to apologise to the fans.

Great goal from Lookman. Let's hope it's not his last for us.

Oh, come on, Airman! Roger Johnson rushed over to vent his frustration after the debacle at Bury and now it's a stick to beat him with. Over 51 seasons, I have watched hundreds of Charlton players fail, flop, miss open goals, defend like children, dribble into nowhere and wilt like pansies.

It's good that Roger Johnson came roaring over to the fans: "FUCK OFF!" He has fire. There is a transcript of our recent pre-season game: Slade urging the players - "MOVE IT!... GET FORWARD!... PASS!... SKIN HIM!..." Slade screamed at Johnson: "FUCKING GET THEM FORWARD!" - and Johnson shot back at Slade: "FUCK OFF!"

Quite right. The dim-witted managers we have suffered! Bob Peeters, who was like Benny from 'Crossroads'; Guy Luzon, crouching and pleading as if straining at stool; Carol Fraeye, an 18-year-old student pitched from sports studies in a polytechnic in a brackish backwater of Belgium.

I was at the at the Orient game after our training camp in Austria. We had lost at Bromley and scored one single goal abroad. Dillon Phillips had the ball and was about to hoof it to nowhere. Johnson, a defender, insisted: "Wait, Dill; Wait!" We all formed up in a regimented midfield. "Dill" kicked the ball, and our hopeless midfield lost possession again.

Roger Johnson is twice the age of Ademola Lookman - and has 50 times his experience of professional football. I would make Johnson our captain.

Good sound arguments, but he is not very good at playing football.
  • Options

Presumably Lennon was on the bench as a left-back, but we clearly do not have enough (fit) players to have seven useful subs. Interesting to see if Johnson plays on Tuesday (see online because I'm not going) because Slade seems to have backed himself into a corner on this as far as proper matches are concerned. Should have dealt with it firmly and forced Johnson to apologise to the fans.

Oh, come on, Airman! Roger Johnson rushed over to vent his frustration after the debacle at Bury and now it's a stick to beat him with. Over 51 seasons, I have watched hundreds of Charlton players fail, flop, miss open goals, defend like children, dribble into nowhere and wilt like pansies.

It's good that Roger Johnson came roaring over to the fans: "FUCK OFF!" He has fire. There is a transcript of our recent pre-season game: Slade urging the players - "MOVE IT!... GET FORWARD!... PASS!... SKIN HIM!..." Slade screamed at Johnson: "FUCKING GET THEM FORWARD!" - and Johnson shot back at Slade: "FUCK OFF!"

Quite right. The dim-witted managers we have suffered! Bob Peeters, who was like Benny from 'Crossroads'; Guy Luzon, crouching and pleading as if straining at stool; Carol Fraeye, an 18-year-old student pitched from sports studies in a polytechnic on the backwaters of Belgium.

I was at the at the Orient game after our training camp in Austria. We had lost at Bromley and scored one single goal abroad. Dillon Phillips had the ball and was about to hoof it to nowhere. Johnson, a defender, insisted: "Wait, Dill; Wait!" We all formed up in a regimented midfield. "Dill" kicked the ball, and our hopeless midfield lost possession again.

Roger Johnson is twice the age of Ademola Lookman - and has 50 times his experience of professional football. I would make Johnson our captain.

Roger Johnson said if we don't like it we shouldn't come.
    Yeah. Good captain material that.
    There will be a massive turn out to see Johnson on Tuesday I expect.
  • Options

Quite right. The dim-witted managers we have suffered! Bob Peeters, who was like Benny from 'Crossroads'; Guy Luzon, crouching and pleading as if straining at stool; Carol Fraeye, an 18-year-old student pitched from sports studies in a polytechnic on the backwaters of Belgium.

I was at the Orient game after our training camp in Austria. We had lost at Bromley and scored one single goal abroad. Dillon Phillips had the ball and was about to hoof it to nowhere. Johnson, a defender, insisted: "Wait, Dill; Wait!" We all formed up in a regimented midfield. "Dill" kicked the ball, and our hopeless midfield lost possession again.

You're easily the best poster on this forum Viewfinder. "Straining at stool....." has become a new favourite for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Talk of Lookman being tired is ridiculous. He played a couple of games in July for England and he's hardly ever started for us . He's 18 not 38 .
    If he's knackered then he has a serious problem.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Roger Johnson said if we don't like it we shouldn't come.
    Yeah. Good captain material that.
    There will be a massive turn out to see Johnson on Tuesday I expect.
    FFS, get over it.
  • Options

Talk of Lookman being tired is ridiculous. He played a couple of games in July for England and he's hardly ever started for us . He's 18 not 38 .

He also played for England in June and would have been training through much of the summer.

After all the injury and fitness problems in the last two seasons I'm going to trust Slade on this, though I wouldn't be surprised if he is sold either.
  • Options
    Fuck the vine
  • Options
    poor game----they were just big lumps who showed little effort in attempting to win the game. we all know we are lacking in midfield.
  • Options
    It's not necessarily physical tiredness but also mental at youth team age. Plus it appears Lookman has scouts and agents in his ear.
    I think Slade is doing the right thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Asthma
  • Options

We were going to, but he had to go to a mates wedding in Antigua.

Chilling
  • Options
    Love that free header that Pearce really had to score from. You know, the one where he had the Bolton defender trying to knock him over and the goalkeeper charging straight at him.
  • Options
    Thanking you kindly
  • Options
    Even the advertising boards are protesting down at the Valley!
  • Options
    It was only 2% of the boards.