Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton - Post Match Views

Novak with a late equaliser saw us come away with something. Right result?

Look forward to the feedback from those there

Comments

• Options
    Win our game in hand and we are still 5th.
  • Options
    With what seemed to be a exceptionally strong XI , may have to question whether the team is as special as the squad suggests!

The point hasn't moved us up at all (when compared to a loss) but of course we have a game in hand!
    Look forward to 'black and white' Saturday and the protest squad team photo
  • Options
    Extremely poor today.
    Can't believe how low we've sunk.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Predicted 2 - 2 on preview thread.

Good to see all three subs involved in equiliser.

13th doesn't look good but only 6 games and game in hand.

10 games in time to review.
  • Options
    we have now played 6 games and got 9 points, an average of 1.5 points per game. Over the 46 game season this would give us 69 points. To get 6th place so we can make the play offs in the last 5 years the requirement was 74,69,74,74 and 73. Therefore we need up the anti a little.
    Mind you this is a pretty unambitious aim, where we should be aimong top 2!
    For the last 5 years 2nd has been 85, 91, 94,83 and 93.
  • Options

Charlton in bottom half of table.

We're DOOMED!

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Win our game in hand and we are still 5th.

Scunthorpe wont be easy though... Were their next Home game, they've won all their home games... Have an agg something like 13 scored and one conceded as well at home.

As I've said to my Dad though, we'll only need one to win
  • Options
    Match stats from BBC (Charlton first)
    Poss 53 - 47
    Shots 14 - 14
    On target 6 - 6
    Corners 8 - 3
    Fouls 14 - 7.

From those stats you'd say a draw was a fair result.
  • Options
    Need to start games quicker, ref a disgrace, Ajose needs to pull his finger out and I think Ulvestad went away for a holiday after signing for us, complete stranger at times.

Still, a Desmond away from home at an in form team is an alright result, just have to make sure we beat Scunny in the GIH and start playing football for 90 minutes instead of 35
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lookman was decent, Holmes showed flashes of quality.

We never looked like winning
  • Options

Need to ask the question as to why we conceded 2 long range goals (outside the box) today?

• Options

Match stats from BBC (Charlton first)
    Poss 53 - 47
    Shots 14 - 14
    On target 6 - 6
    Corners 8 - 3
    Fouls 14 - 7.

From those stats you'd say a draw was a fair result.

At H/T it was Poss 37-63

Did we get stronger as the game went on ?
  • Options
    Only 6 games in but I fear mid table mediocrity is beginning to set in.

How did the new midfielder do? Does he have a bit of mobility about him ?
  • Options
    Don't know whether to feel happy that we've got a point away at the team in third or angry that I should be happy with a point against Fleetwood. Still, to come from behind twice with two strikers scoring means we finally have a team who are willing to fight, something we haven't had for a few years.
  • Options
    Posting without being there.

It's still too early to start getting concerned but I'm getting concerned.

Squad is without doubt top six. Is the manager ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The palace fan saying on twitter that Slade thought we had a stonewall pen turned done at the end
  • Options
    I'd regard that as a point won.
    Looking at the positives, there seems to be a resilience building that's been missing for a while, and the squad is still in its infancy, unlike many of the teams we've been playing. Though midfield remains a significant concern I think we'll move up the table steadily from now on. Play offs beckon.

(although as a supporter of CARD, obviously I don't want this to happen until the toxic regime has departed. Allegedly)

• Options
    Slade getting some stick after taking Holmes off. Gave it back in spades when Novak scored
  • Options
    from the stream that I was watching, (filmed from behind the goal, it was like I had a stiff neck to follow the game and dodgy eyesight) we looked second best in midfield. lookman and holmes our main threat. they had a lot of possession in first half, second half a little less but still we had little creativity in the middle. most of the work done on the wings. the goals for them, hard to tell but I felt konsa was slightly at fault for one as he let his man go. then a looping shot from outside the box. the other another shot from outside the box this time along the ground. not sure if rudd should of saved.
  • Options
    I agree, it's not great only getting a point at Fleetwood BUT let's be fair we are not the club we used to be. We have got to be realistic at the moment, we just can't say how bad we are, how bad our management team are just yet anyway. Lets look where we are at Christmas/January time, if we are good enough we will be up there. I think RS has done a good job so far, he has walked into a lot bigger/worse job than he first thought I'm sure. I think we should stay behind the manager and the squad, whether attending games or not. I have not been yet and don't know when I will but each and every game I am desperate for us to win. This is and always will be 'my' team whoever the owners are.
    COYR...............onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Cobblers win again and are now undefeated in 1,345 games. They are truly the new Huddersfield Town.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    We can only aspire to be as big a club as Northampton !

Sorry, on paper the squad better than the results. Oh Dear think RS is a false prophet !
  • Options
    Unbeaten since the opening day but it only tells one side of the story.

Worth pointing out that games were scrappy in the 11/12 season but we had Kermorgant and BWP that would win us games. Just not sure Ajose is quite as good.
  • Options
    A draw was a fair result, I thought Fleetwood were a decent side, you can see why they've started the season well

I thought defensively we missed Foley ironically it was him who had the final assist for the goal!

Ulvastad was anonymous, hopefully he will get better.
  • Options
    RS speaking on Radio London says Holmes has only trained 3 times in 14 days due to bruised foot. The reason for His substitution.