Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:

Went in the fleetwood clubhouse afterwards, met their chairmen Andy Billey, he bought us all a beer, top fella and had a great chat with some of their fans. Top club

...and if you must have goal music, the best ever wouldn't you say?
  • Options
    Not much mention of Lookman in this thread. Did he play? If so how did he do? If not, why not?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Not much mention of Lookman in this thread. Did he play? If so how did he do? If not, why not?

Did well in patches - surprisingly was spoken to several times by the referee about fouls, eventually resulting in the ref calling over Solly as captain to have a word. Or at least that was how I interpreted it.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Made a few good runs, over played it at times and they were quick to close down. Hence a bit of frustration crept in and he put it about a bit, something he will need to cope with.

One good shot from a free kick first half, had a shot blocked in the box second half and took most corners which never came to much and cocked up a short one!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Good resilience to come back twice. Ideally needed the win but a point ain't too terrible inder the circumstances. Shame we had a referee who bottled so many things like the head injury and stonewall penalty. But like I say good comeback against a side with big lads who looked like they were going to see it out.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Football was poor. It appears the big hitters have started to put form together in league 1.

Bolton / Millwall / Bradford have all drawn their last two... Same as us...?

If we hadnt lost against against Bury we'd be up there with them... thats how tight it is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Football was poor. It appears the big hitters have started to put form together in league 1.

If we hadnt lost against against Bury we'd be up there with them... thats how tight it is
    And we've got a game in hand albeit away to Scunthorpe who are flying at the moment.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    RedChaser said:

And we've got a game in hand albeit away to Scunthorpe who are flying at the moment.
    Technically as well we've played 1st | 2nd | 3rd in quick succession with Bolton / Scunthorpe / Fleetwood.

Nothing to worry about yet and when you throw the Walsall win in there too I'm happy with the five points in those three games, especially as we can so easily have lost our last two... Means this squad wont accept defeat until the FT whistle, something we've not seen for a few years
  • Options

masicat said:

A lot of negativity on here. Some analysis of where we are and where we should be is crap. We have had a solid start and we will improve.The team has goals in it and we have kept some players we thought would go. All positive and in my mind a promotion season under a solid if unspectacular manager.

Were you there today? Our central midfield is non existent and time after time they and the defence gave the ball straight back to the opponents. Promotion on that form - you must be having a laugh
    What interests me is we've been pretty solid in Midfield as this is our worst result since Bury (the only other game we've conceded twice)...

Makes me wonder if Foley should have been dropped for Lookman?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

RedChaser said:

Technically as well we've played 1st | 2nd | 3rd in quick succession with Bolton / Scunthorpe / Fleetwood.

Nothing to worry about yet and when you throw the Walsall win in there too I'm happy with the five points in those three games, especially as we can so easily have lost our last two... Means this squad wont accept defeat until the FT whistle, something we've not seen for a few years
    Slade has talked a lot about this in pressers, and it's definitely a good thing and a welcome change. But, correct me if I'm wrong, we've taken the lead first in matches only twice, and oftentimes it feels like we only really get going once we've conceded and are chasing the game.

AB's point is a good one, and sizing up this league is something I've really struggled with. It feels like there's a lot more parody than the last time we were here. That also means that it's missing the real standout teams like Southampton, Sheff Wed, Hudds, etc. The concerns around midfield and how we are in possession makes me wonder if we're a team set up to dominate and take the game to teams, because I'm not entirely convinced we are. And if we're not, that's going to make it difficult to finish top six in just about any league.
  • Options
    Don't know if that was autocorrect or a brain fade but I'm standing by it. There will be a lot of parody in league one this year!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

Slade has talked a lot about this in pressers, and it's definitely a good thing and a welcome change. But, correct me if I'm wrong, we've taken the lead first in matches only twice, and oftentimes it feels like we only really get going once we've conceded and are chasing the game.

AB's point is a good one, and sizing up this league is something I've really struggled with. It feels like there's a lot more parody than the last time we were here. That also means that it's missing the real standout teams like Southampton, Sheff Wed, Hudds, etc. The concerns around midfield and how we are in possession makes me wonder if we're a team set up to dominate and take the game to teams, because I'm not entirely convinced we are. And if we're not, that's going to make it difficult to finish top six in just about any league.
    I think it doesnt help we are still gelling as a Squad and reckon Rosler was correct in saying prior to the game that our break didnt help us (i.e. One thing I love about League One is there are no breaks to disrupt form)...

To be fair it seems only Bury and Fleetwood are the two games weve not really started on the front football... Walsall it felt we could have been five up before their goal, Shrewsbury could have been double figures (yet we understandably took our foot off the gas) and Bolton we could easily have been 3up by Half Time.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

masicat said:

A lot of negativity on here. Some analysis of where we are and where we should be is crap. We have had a solid start and we will improve.The team has goals in it and we have kept some players we thought would go. All positive and in my mind a promotion season under a solid if unspectacular manager.

Were you there today? Our central midfield is non existent and time after time they and the defence gave the ball straight back to the opponents. Promotion on that form - you must be having a laugh
    What interests me is we've been pretty solid in Midfield as this is our worst result since Bury (the only other game we've conceded twice)...

Makes me wonder if Foley should have been dropped for Lookman?
    Everyone was calling for him to start especially after his equaliser against Bolton but we were definitely sadly lacking in midfield today. Little cover in front of the back 4 as they seemed to cut through us at will.

Ulvestad was neat and tidy but I didn't see a box to box player. Neither did I see an appetite for a solid tackle. Had a decent shot just wide before we equalised. Early days though and he needs matches under his belt before anyone can pass judgement
  • Options
    Bloody hell...only just realised there was a game on! Taking this boycott to a whole new level.

Late draw and good result by the sounds of it, especially after international break.

Onwards and upwards...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Ok, just back from looking at the illuminations. Good and bad today i thought. Manager must take immense credit for his signings but was beaten tactically today by Rossler. Midfield is a worry - I think they won 70 per cent of second balls. They are a League One version of Bournemouth and will have a good season. They heavily water the pitch and don't mess about - tidy players who play for each other and don't probe and build but just go for it. In the first half our defence was poor, particularly our centre halves although this improved in the second half. Magennis terrific though, winning most of his battles. Ajose disapointing, balooning a fantastic chance over due to lack of composure and pretty ineffective. Holmes had a great chance with loads of time too. Not his best but carried a threat. Bagota was terrific in his short cameo. Lookman got more dangerous as the game went on. For me he should be played central with Magennis,

I suppose on chances it was a fair result, but they played with a higher tempo and seemed like they wanted it more. I wouldn't write us off because I doubt any other team wouldn't swap their attacking players for ours. We have Bauer to come in and the defence looks good on paper too. Midfield is the only thing that might cost us. A bit early to judge the new guy, but whilst being tidy, box to box he wasn't today. He may not have been fully fit!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options

masicat said:

Top post in a increasingly depressing forum. Used to to love this site but feel its being hijacked.
    Hey ho though it is become what it is .COYR
    Easy now.
    It's not depressing, people who have been commenting here for months, even years are not 'hijacking' anything. It's clearly worrisome to look at the lack in central midfield, it's been an issue for months now. You may not agree, but it's a fair shout.

The notion of us getting promoted after what we've seen so far, however, is ludicrous.