Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton - Post Match Views

123457»

Comments

• Options
    The season fills like it can go either way to me. A win on Saturday and we will be well placed. Is Bauer not fit? He and Tex are our best central defenders!
  • Options
    It's not the centre backs it's centre midfield ---- it's none existant
  • Options
    But we don't have anybody to come in there - we might as well strengthen where we can.
  • Options
    Given that we have Botaka and Lookie can do a decent job wide, could Holmes play in the middle with someone (Konza?) holding?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Given that we have Botaka and Lookie can do a decent job wide, could Holmes play in the middle with someone (Konza?) holding?

Issue is you are then relying on a lad who has played a few senior games at CB and never in midfield and a winger as your central midfield partnership. If it clicked it could be brilliant but unfortunately i think it would be a disaster.
  • Options

Maybe if we could play someone like Kashi in the DM role.

Otherwise just too many holes in midfield - we'd get done on breakaways.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Oggy Red said:

Maybe if we could play someone like Kashi in the DM role.

Otherwise just too many holes in midfield - we'd get done on breakaways.

Love him or loathe him looks like Foley has to go back into midfield unless Regan Charles Cooke or Muldoon are able to step up to the plate. Alternatively it's a change of formation 5 3 2 with three CBs, Solly and Chicksen wide with the ability to get forward, Crofts or JJ, Ulvestad and Holmes midfield and Magenis and Novak up top. Botaka, Lookman & Ajose decent attacking options from the bench.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Or why not just see what Ulvestad can do with a run of games?
    Nah...
  • Options
    From the Blackpool gazette report:
    "Charlton nearly took a shock lead"
    Really?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Good day out, but a pretty poor display from Charlton. The midfield was missing in action, allowing Fleetwood to pass the ball about quite freely. In fact the home side played some neat passing football, ironic really when you consider that two of their forwards were named Long and Ball. Can't help but feel though that our inability to pressure and close them down made them look better.

I think it was telling that in the first half, Fox had more possession than any other Charlton player. With the exception of one good pass though, every ball he had early on was either hoofed up the channel to no-one, or inadvertently knocked off the park. He did at least put in a couple of crosses as the game wore on. For me the best player in the first half was Holmes who at least gave something different by running at people. In the second half everyone looked a little better, but not much. One really neat move from Botaka who dummied and turned his man. Other than that not too much to mention, but I guess the positive is that they never gave up. I can't help but feel though that on that showing Fleetwood will feel hard done by not to get all three points.

Final word on the home side. Nice people, nice town. I did find the Captain Pugwash goal music funny, even though I'd obviously prefer that I never heard it.

Novak (1 of 1)

The best steward, I've ever been stewarded by. Really top bloke.
  • Options

Stig said:

Good day out, but a pretty poor display from Charlton. The midfield was missing in action, allowing Fleetwood to pass the ball about quite freely. In fact the home side played some neat passing football, ironic really when you consider that two of their forwards were named Long and Ball. Can't help but feel though that our inability to pressure and close them down made them look better.

I think it was telling that in the first half, Fox had more possession than any other Charlton player. With the exception of one good pass though, every ball he had early on was either hoofed up the channel to no-one, or inadvertently knocked off the park. He did at least put in a couple of crosses as the game wore on. For me the best player in the first half was Holmes who at least gave something different by running at people. In the second half everyone looked a little better, but not much. One really neat move from Botaka who dummied and turned his man. Other than that not too much to mention, but I guess the positive is that they never gave up. I can't help but feel though that on that showing Fleetwood will feel hard done by not to get all three points.

Final word on the home side. Nice people, nice town. I did find the Captain Pugwash goal music funny, even though I'd obviously prefer that I never heard it.

Novak (1 of 1)

I feel like we should write him a "thank you" note or something. You only hear about stewards (who can have a very rough job at times) when they do something wrong. Credit where credit is due.
  • Options
    they was top draw, even opening the gate for us to walk to the stand so that we could grab a beer at half time.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Stig said:

Novak (1 of 1)

I think I was behind you on the way out at the end of the game @Covered End and heard you were waxing lyrical about him, what's the full story and was that Covered End Junior with you?
  • Options

Yes, CE not so junior was with me, as well as 3 others. The steward was just a really friendly, helpful bloke.
    At half time I saw him hold up a bucket of sand and shout out to our fans to follow him outside if they wanted a smoke. In the 2nd half when our fans were "giving it" to their goalie instead of scowling and looking agressive like you often get he was just laughing away & smiling. Basically, he was just a really friendly helpful guy and you don't often see that.

They were the friendliest club I've ever been to and I'm already looking forward to going back next season :-(

Not that I'm stalking you but I was also sat near you at the Flamingos Woolwich meeting 18 months ago, next time I see you I'll say hello :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Yes, CE not so junior was with me, as well as 3 others. The steward was just a really friendly, helpful bloke.
    At half time I saw him hold up a bucket of sand and shout out to our fans to follow him outside if they wanted a smoke. In the 2nd half when our fans were "giving it" to their goalie instead of scowling and looking agressive like you often get he was just laughing away & smiling. Basically, he was just a really friendly helpful guy and you don't often see that.

They were the friendliest club I've ever been to and I'm already looking forward to going back next season :-(

Not that I'm stalking you but I was also sat near you at the Flamingos Woolwich meeting 18 months ago, next time I see you I'll say hello :wink: .
    I was standing there, so not sure it was me.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

On the left upper level at the side facing the stage no?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Yes that's right. I've no idea what you look like, so yes say hi.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Yes that's right. I've no idea what you look like, so yes say hi.
    That's good because I don't normally forget a face, now names that's a different matter :wink:.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ambitious, mate - they'll probably be in a division above.

:-)
  • Options
    Two divisions above!!!
  • Options
    Did you go Leuth ?
  • Options
    Agree with your synopsis but how are we going to beat the irons & Oxford on their own turf?

• Options
    We've got a rich benefactor as well! You wouldn't want the likes of Slater & Jimenez back.
    We were literally within days of going bust when douchebag stepped in.
    If ratman was from Ulan Bator then I could cut some slack on the walloonery of SBC naivety.
    He's now paying penance in ligue Un. Hopefully for all our sakes the squad grows up in the next half
    dozen or so outings as we need to start nudging up the table.

• Options
    Blimey! How did you do that? You're wasted on here.