Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    cafc4life said:

I dont go to many away games, this being only my second of the season, but one thing its made me realise, 70%, if not more of the fans that go away to support us are fucking morons .

Explain why
  • Options
    What was Marvin Johnson (28) like for Oxford seeing that we apparently tried to get him on Deadline Day from Motherwell?
  • Options

If anybody needs to see why Slade has won fuck all- this was the game.

Said it before, will say it again. Yes, he's British (and God don't the pro-regime lot go on about that) but his managerial history is, being polite, distinctly average. This is his level and the tactics show just that. It's simply not going to get much better because he isn't. I am not sure why we expect Alex Ferguson when we've clearly got a (second-rate) Darren Ferguson.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

I dont go to many away games, this being only my second of the season, but one thing its made me realise, 70%, if not more of the fans that go away to support us are fucking morons .

Explain why
    How long you got
  • Options
    edited September 2016

• Options
    edited September 2016
    As far as the flag thief at Chester goes, legend always had it that it was Walshies Dad
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

My IQ is up around 145, so that's me out on at least one criterion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Explain why
    How long you got
    I've got all day, away you go.
    Not just all day, I can come back tomorrow, the day after, etc. Indeed, take as long as you need to get your incisive analysis up here for us all to read.
  • Options

Brussel is the problem very surprised at line up, so negative.

Grandson was mascot today and royally looked after by Oxford, amongst other things visited the Directors lounge and were immediately approached and chatted to by the Oxford directors.

Meire and the Perks ignored us (although Grandson had his kit on so obviously Charlton supporters). Thats the difference between how a good club is run and Charlton.

That's shocking. It should be natural to want to say hello to the Charlton mascot. Not something you'd need to be coached in by a PR person. Maybe they're just not very nice.
    Jim

• Options
    We really lacked spark and imagination very little attacking threat with Magennis so isolated. We have the players to do well in this season just need confidence in ability to attack teams. From the six matches I have seen this season the quality is poor in the division and we should be doing better.

Need nine points next three games to get things going and I believe that we will get them. Then just push on and get back to the Championship. It is just depressing where we are as a club at the moment.
  • Options
    Too many young blokes,3/4 crammed into the seat of 1, acting like cocks, looking for a row with anyone that will respond to them, Fully grown men arguing amongst themselves, one preaching CARD bollocks to another moaning about fans singing Roland Out songs.Blokes Chucking full bottles of beer when we score a penalty against OXFORD soaking anyone and everyone in front of them.

Another looked off his nut on gear smashing his seat up as the fulltime whistle went screaming we are a disgrace etc etc etc.

Some proper nuggets about.

• Options

Couple of minutes of highlights here

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/14763425.VIDEO__Highlights_from_Oxford_United_s_draw_with_Charlton_Athletic/

Not a very convincing penalty from JJ. And he's missed a few lately. Anyone else in this side any good at penalty taking?

Nicky Ajose!
  • Options
    For the record it wasnt me described but I am happy to 'preach CARD bollocks' to anyone if interested.

Equally I am happy to listen to the progressive if misunderstood way forward our current owners are taking the club
  • Options

Just watched Slade's after match interview, and i just cant get that he's Charlton ? - cant explain it , but he just doesnt feel Charlton !?

he's a 'professional manager' .. owes allegiance to who pays his wages .. we've been fortunate to have had Powell and Lord Curbishley, real Addicks .. not too many of that calibre around unfortunately
    Agreed, and to be fair it's not his job to be "real" and "proper" Charlton. If he's a good enough manager, or if the results had been better and we'd be playing better football to this point, no one would care. Riga clearly had an affliction for the club and supporters after how he was treated the first time around but he was lambasted on here after poor results (and not necessarily wrongly so).

I've worked for companies where I don't feel a particular connection to them, and others where I've had a chance to build things from scratch. Regardless of how I feel, I still take tremendous pride in what I do. I suspect the same is true with Slade, though, as I seem to be ending every post with these days, I fear his best isn't good enough.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Too many young blokes,3/4 crammed into the seat of 1, acting like cocks, looking for a row with anyone that will respond to them, Fully grown men arguing amongst themselves, one preaching CARD bollocks to another moaning about fans singing Roland Out songs.Blokes Chucking full bottles of beer when we score a penalty against OXFORD soaking anyone and everyone in front of them.

Another looked off his nut on gear smashing his seat up as the fulltime whistle went screaming we are a disgrace etc etc etc.

Hmm, I didn't see any of that. (I believe you).
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

For the record it wasnt me described but I am happy to 'preach CARD bollocks' to anyone if interested.

Equally I am happy to listen to the progressive if misunderstood way forward our current owners are taking the club

There's a time and a place, thats all im saying. This guy wasnt watching the game at all, he had his back to the pitch turning to the people behind who were telling him to shut up and watch the game. He didnt, which led to him rowing with pretty much everyone around him.

Not needed is it, watch the game or don't bother going
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Happens at every game, in every football ground, every week up and down the country. But 70%? Not with Charlton.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Couple of minutes of highlights here

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/14763425.VIDEO__Highlights_from_Oxford_United_s_draw_with_Charlton_Athletic/

Not a very convincing penalty from JJ. And he's missed a few lately. Anyone else in this side any good at penalty taking?

Nicky Ajose!
    I take a pretty mean pen. Technically not in the side, but could provide a decent option in midfield, especially if we're going to play with four central midfielders, I could slot into the "one paced holding role" nicely. The difference is that I'd probably retain possession better and can be good at occassionally picking apart a defense.

Have my first 11-a-side match for years tonight (assuming my sprained knee doesn't give way). Really looking forward to revisiting the above tomorrow morning.
  • Options

Just watched Slade's after match interview, and i just cant get that he's Charlton ? - cant explain it , but he just doesnt feel Charlton !?

he's a 'professional manager' .. owes allegiance to who pays his wages .. we've been fortunate to have had Powell and Lord Curbishley, real Addicks .. not too many of that calibre around unfortunately
    To be fair Curbs was known as that West Ham guy when he took over at first, he only became "a real Addick" through success and the way he ran the club
    Yes - he has always been a West Ham boy. Curbs often exaggerated about how small a club Charlton were - it was a defence mechanism for him personally but it slighted the club and some of us supporters who have always had grander notions. He was the best manager of my lifetime but he was supported but a hands on, ambitious Chairman and a dynamic and focused CEO. Since Curbs left we haven't really had any of the three vital ingredients for success at the same time, so shouldn't be too surprised we have had no success - Sir Chris Powell's promotion season apart when Kevin Cash's money funded it.
  • Options
    but Curbishley had played for CAFC, started his managerial career with us, I would go so far as to say grew into manhood at CAFC .. the fact that West Ham was the club of his boyhood dreams is really irrelevant, he's from West Ham, what do you expect ? ..
    I don't think we'll ever get a man like him in charge ever again .. 15 years in charge ? .. will NEVER happen again ..
    Slade is typical of the new breed: dedicated, knowledgeable, hard working but passionless .. it's essentially just a job to him and increasingly this also applies to most players
  • Options
    I wouldn't say passionless. Maybe a bit closed minded.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

Brussel is the problem very surprised at line up, so negative.

Grandson was mascot today and royally looked after by Oxford, amongst other things visited the Directors lounge and were immediately approached and chatted to by the Oxford directors.

Meire and the Perks ignored us (although Grandson had his kit on so obviously Charlton supporters). Thats the difference between how a good club is run and Charlton.

That's shocking. It should be natural to want to say hello to the Charlton mascot. Not something you'd need to be coached in by a PR person. Maybe they're just not very nice.
    Jim

They see ambushes and assassins around every corner. Much easier to ignore to proletariat and only mix with your fellow freeloaders.
  • Options

but Curbishley had played for CAFC, started his managerial career with us, I would go so far as to say grew into manhood at CAFC .. the fact that West Ham was the club of his boyhood dreams is really irrelevant, he's from West Ham, what do you expect ? ..
    I don't think we'll ever get a man like him in charge ever again .. 15 years in charge ? .. will NEVER happen again ..
    Slade is typical of the new breed: dedicated, knowledgeable, hard working but passionless .. it's essentially just a job to him and increasingly this also applies to most players

15 months at the helm deserves a lifetime achievement award under Duchatalet
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Hmm, I didn't see any of that. (I believe you).
    I can endorse this .. I don't know where @cafc4life was sitting .. I was near the back in a seat next to a gangway .. there was trouble near me all through the game .. stewards being threatened (only their use of lapel cameras to film one incident stopped a very nasty situation at one point) .. it seems that somehow a lot got in with no tickets .. ordinary, probably OK boys when sober who were pissed and/or high on some kind of whizz .. a typical comment from one was 'game' s so fucking boring I wanna sit down, can't be arsed to watch' .. he tried doing so in my seat until I told him politely(ish) to try another seat .. luckily for both of us he took my advice or rather his mate read the situation and took him away .. totally uncalled for
  • Options
    25May98 said:

cafc4life said:

Happens at every game, in every football ground, every week up and down the country. But 70%? Not with Charlton.
    Maybe not 70% but definitely a much higher % than five or ten years ago.