Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long does Slade get?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016
    1StevieG said:

Life.

He might get time off for good behaviour.

There are mitigating factors. He is a lower league manager, with lower league tactics, a lower league mentality, managing lower league players at a lower league club. Oh with a clueless owner & CEO and with a laptop scout. His brief should be able to get a reduction.
  • Options

I think we will come good and put a run together but I'm fearing it could be too little too late come the end of the season. On paper inc the keeper we have the best back 5 in the league but shouldn't be conceding every game like we are. Slade deserves atleast a season with his squad

I agree with wee Stewie G, I think the season is going to improve, and yes wine has been taken but I think top six is very achievable.
  • Options
    We should keep Slade but make him sign a contract addendum which prohibits dick head decisions in team selection.
  • Options
    Reading back I was a bit brash. Didn't necessarily mean immediately get him gone Monday, more so if let's say we pick up another maybe 4-5 points in our next 5. Surely at that point alarm bells have to ring?
  • Options
    Russel Slade is not the answer.

Absoulutely clueless on tactics and substitutions. Only 2 wins in 9 games and no win in the last 5 games is not acceptable.

He might be English but I question whether he is any better than Fraye

I really cannot see where a win is going to come from.

• Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    Of course it's his fucking though he picks the wrong team each game and its wrong every time.
  • Options
    2 championship midfielders and will piss this league or prem loan end of we all no that
  • Options
    If you're content to stay in SBL1 then guarantee Slade a season. I'd give him autumn to get us in play-off mode. We don't look strong enough to to do it automatically. The late collapse against AFC worrying in that there was no plan B.
    Hopefully lone striker syndrome not a permanent feature away from home as it will be pointless to do the travelling in support. Win the next two homers and the gloom will lift but we've got to start pressing much harder than hereto.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    About six inches (allegedly)
  • Options

About six inches (allegedly)

From KM or RD?
  • Options
    Still the Oxford fans, used to even lower league football thought it was a good game.
  • Options
    He should never have got the job in the first place.

Until he grows the minerals to criticise KM and guy hiding in Belgium, I won't support him.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Until he grows the minerals to criticise KM and guy hiding in Belgium, I won't support him.

Don't think that's a reasonable expectation. What we need him to do is stand up to them behind the scenes. He is an improvement on Peeters, Luzon, Fraeye and Riga, IMO, although I doubt if he will get us promoted.

I expect us to beat Oldham, and so should we all. Duchatelet will probably sack him before the end of the season though.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Don't think that's a reasonable expectation. What we need him to do is stand up to them behind the scenes. He is an improvement on Peeters, Luzon, Fraeye and Riga, IMO, although I doubt if he will get us promoted.

I expect us to beat Oldham, and so should we all. Duchatelet will probably sack him before the end of the season though.
    I have never liked him and ever since he gave us the cold shoulder at Bury, I have disliked him even more. Additionally, he praised KM for the Declan Rudd transfer which angered me.

He might be an improvement but it's not a difficult challenge compared to the previous names.

Honestly, maybe the reason I dislike him is because he has offered KM and Roland the opportunity to show customers that they have changed their plans and have started listening to us.
  • Options
    Slade gets longer than most because the alternative will be horrendous
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still like him.

I am very disappointed by how negatively he is setting the team up and I hope this improves as the team starts to work together and he has more trust in the defence.

He's still a quality player or two short in midfield which is why I guess he feels the need to load the midfield both away and for what he sees as tricky home fixtures.

Not good enough for promotion.
  • Options

I still like him.

I am very disappointed by how negatively he is setting the team up and I hope this improves as the team starts to work together and he has more trust in the defence.

He's still a quality player or two short in midfield which is why I guess he feels the need to load the midfield both away and for what he sees as tricky home fixtures.

Not good enough for promotion.

On paper this is one of the best teams in the division. Making sure they are set up correctly is, essentially, Slades main match day job. He isn't doing it correctly and he isn't addressing his mistakes during the game adequately.
  • Options

he was the wrong man for the job in the first place. If the real ambition was promotion then why appoint someone who in 20 years of management has never got a team promoted. It was lip service to appease the fans and a few have fallen for it. When he fails then they can blame the fans. It doesn't matter who is in charge under this regime as we are going nowhere, except maybe down. Sack him, don't sack him, won't make a difference and I don't give a shit anyway.

This.
  • Options
    Perhaps Slade thinks he has no chance getting promoted by being an attacking team as there is not enough quality. Is his theory that if the defence gets tighter we by playing together week in week out we can start to nick 1-0 wins more regularly. Just a thought.