Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long does Slade get?

Comments

• Options
    SLADE S JOB INTERVIEW

Km. Hello Russell how long have you been managing.

Rs 22 years.

That's great how many promotions have you got.

Rs erm none .

Km. Dont worry your luck must change soon, Have a 3 year contract.

Rs thanks............hahaha mug
  • Options
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Summer spent drinking lemonade,
    Wimbledon, Oldham put him in the shade,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.

Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Under worked, and overpaid,
    Yet when he's sacked, he'll have it made,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.

Fact : Russell Slade contains all the ingredients needed to make the word "useless"......
  • Options
    Sometimes it really is shit to be proven right. Was really hoping Slade would show a bit of bollocks tonight but he's just shown he's a spineless little puppet. Worst part is he really has proven Roland completely right.
  • Options
    If Slade was some random Belgian manager with a CV like Fraeye how long would he be getting ?
  • Options
    Hard for anyone else to do a much worse job - the team look clueless
  • Options
    Slade's possibly not up to the job, but suspect he does as he is told behind the scenes and is probably pathetically grateful to actually have a job at this level at the fag-end of his career. He suits the regime, plus he is British (in case Meire / SE7 Valiants / Target20K have not mention it) and he's here for a long time yet. Expect more unimaginative tactics and dull games. We just have to hope we win enough of them.
  • Options
    The blokes not up to it. No promotions in 20 odd years as a manager, and this is the joker that we appoint to get us promoted.

• Options

The blokes not up to it. No promotions in 20 odd years as a manager, and this is the joker that we appoint to get us promoted.

Got three teams into the play-offs which is credible.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Russel Slade is not the answer.

Absoulutely clueless on tactics and substitutions. Only 2 wins in 9 games and no win in the last 5 games is not acceptable.

He might be English but I question whether he is any better than Fraye

I really cannot see where a win is going to come from.

After the Oxford game I posted the above message that Russel Slade was clueless.
    Last night I was beside myself with anger. Everyone could see that only one team was trying to score, and everyone in the ground apart from Slade knew what was going to happen.
    Did Russel make any positive changes? Did he fuck.
    No he simply defended deeper and deeper and invited Oldham to play deep in our half. Until they scored. In fact exactly the same tactics that we have played all season when we keep throwing away a lead until we concede a late equaliser.

The game was crying out for a change in tactics, but Russel simply played on and crossing his fingers that we could hang on until the end.

He has learned nothing from every other game this season when we get a lead and are unable to hold onto it.

Let's not fool ourselves Oldham should have won that game by at least three clear goals.

Russel Slade is the most inept manager that I have seen at the Valley in a long time. In fact I stand by my earlier post saying that in my opinion he is no better than Fraye.

With this clown in charge we are going nowhere.
  • Options
    Slade seems to have a Plan A. And that's pretty much it. And, unfortunately for us, our opponents have rumbled it, so expect more of the same ... negative tactics and a lack of any inspired management. Throw in injuries, suspensions and January transfers out, and this could be another long, cold winter in SE7.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Slade seems to have a Plan A. And that's pretty much it. And, unfortunately for us, our opponents have rumbled it, so expect more of the same ... negative tactics and a lack of any inspired management. Throw in injuries, suspensions and January transfers out, and this could be another long, cold winter in SE7.

If he was better than that, he would be in a higher division and not with us. He's the best we can get with the constraints laid down by RD and his SMT.

It ain't good but I can't see it changing just yet. At least he doesn't seem to be a puppet like many of the previous managers and does stand up to KM.
  • Options
    Still gets til the end of the season. Some new grounds in L2 afterall.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    'Give him time' 'he's gone back to basics' 'trying to build a solid team' all shit excuses. He really is a negative and boring manager who has always gone for the safe approach. We can blame the owners all we like but on paper he has a team that should be beating the likes of Oldham and Wimbledon.

There's a reason why the bloke has never been promoted.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

I'm still struggling to understand what his plan A is.
  • Options
    The problem for somebody like Slade is 3 points for a win!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    So 1 point from a week where we should've easily picked up 6. Wonder how many of the 7 LOLs still stick by it. Yes the owners will ALWAYS be the main issue, but, our squad is more than good enough to be picking up points in this league and there is no doubt that Slade is a big part of us not.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Still gets til the end of the season. Some new grounds in L2 afterall.

Yep, you should always take a positive from a negative.
  • Options

So 1 point from a week where we should've easily picked up 6. Wonder how many of the 7 LOLs still sticky by it. Yes the owners will ALWAYS be the main issue, but, our squad is more than good enough to be picking up points in this league and there is no doubt that Slade is a big part of us not.

Fair comment. I'm not too sure how many of the "7" have seen us play much this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Q. How many promotions have you had in your long career Russell ?
    A. None Lady Kat.

Q.That's the sort of consistency, the owner is after. The job is yours.
    A. Mrs Slade said i must only accept the job if i'm the manager and not an
    interim head coach, plus a 12 month contract Mam.

Q. We can't offer you a 12 month contract; it's 3 years or nothing.
    Sir Roland will sent emails to you monthly to help you manage;
    My friend Sue's husband will sort out the contract.
    A. Thank you, your majesty.

• Options
    Please can we call it a day now. Don't need another bad result Saturday to finally make it clear that he simply isn't up to it.
  • Options
    Minimum of thirty years. His tactics are criminal.
  • Options

Minimum of thirty years. His tactics are criminal.

In Slade prison?
  • Options

Watch your back, Russell! Ex Sint-Truiden boss Chris O'Loughlin (centre) was watching from the Valley directors' box at #cafc v Chesterfield pic.twitter.com/3XnTgRdOzv

— Rick Everitt (@airmanbrown) October 31, 2016 " />
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Watch your back, Russell! Ex Sint-Truiden boss Chris O'Loughlin (centre) was watching from the Valley directors' box at #cafc v Chesterfield pic.twitter.com/3XnTgRdOzv

— Rick Everitt (@airmanbrown) October 31, 2016

Why isn't the tweet appearing rather than just the text?
  • Options
    What??? Not Nobby Vinegar. Gutted.
  • Options
    Was probably all set for a draw or loss and flaggy would be making an appearance today.

Looks like Big Russ could be heading towards the exit sign......
  • Options
    Would still be happy to see Slade go, regardless of a few more than expected half decent results. However, him even being at the game almost confirms our worst nightmare of Roland going back to his trusted circle.
  • Options
    So that's the next manager sorted then.