Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long does Slade get?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Wonder if the poster who was a chef at the Marriott Bexleyheath still works there and has seen him (O'Loughlin) around.
  • Options
    I would keep Slade until the end of the season. Like Fagin they should then review the situation.
  • Options
    Nah....lets mince about until the Jan transfer window slams shut having signed zippo, zilch, nah one not even a goldfish in a bag of pish...then sack Slade and appoint O'Loughlin.
  • Options
    Tick tock
  • Options
    FORD said:

Nah....lets mince about until the Jan transfer window slams shut having signed zippo, zilch, nah one not even a goldfish in a bag of pish...then sack Slade and appoint O'Loughlin.

and then say "We have made mistakes, but wil learn from them"
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Can't see him being sacked unless we are really struggling in the relegation zone.
    The club have put themselves between a rock and a hard place with their previous ludicrous manager decisions. They are desperate to appear as if they have learnt from their mistakes and have changed from their policy of only foreign managers and repeated sackings. They gave us a British manager (ignoring that he's never been a successfully one) and they don't want to be seen sacking him because that suggests another managerial appointment mistake by them. Yet no doubt knowing this lot they will sack him and try and say "see, we got a British manager like you wanted and it didn't work".
  • Options
    It's coming up to Christmas so unfortunately we are stuck with more Slade than anyone wants
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Can't see him being sacked unless we are really struggling in the relegation zone.
    The club have put themselves between a rock and a hard place with their previous ludicrous manager decisions. They are desperate to appear as if they have learnt from their mistakes and have changed from their policy of only foreign managers and repeated sackings. They gave us a British manager (ignoring that he's never been a successfully one) and they don't want to be seen sacking him because that suggests another managerial appointment mistake by them. Yet no doubt knowing this lot they will sack him and try and say "see, we got a British manager like you wanted and it didn't work".

Agreed, this is our first defeat in 5 league matches. Our last 6 matches have been 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats. Uninspiring, but hardly enough to get him the boot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I want to give him time, I'm sure our owners have lied and broken promises but today was the lowest day for me.

I appreciate that 4 players were missing but playing Holmes instead of lookman last week was a terrible decision and the injury cost us today.

I don't get why aribo wasn't at least on the bench today. Terrible slade

He must know that foley and Jackson are not up to standard. Terrible slade

4 defenders on the bench. Why, how can they change the game? What purpose is there for having 4 defenders. It limited our options. Terrible slade

No midfielder on the bench. No options. Terrible slade

Why not have two from Charles cook, aribo, Kennedy and ahearn grant on the bench. Options. Terrible slade.

Euell is serving his apprenticeship and the u23s are doing well and scoring goals. I would like to see him as manager

Rant over
  • Options
    If we lose at home to port vale next week it could be bye bye baldy
  • Options
    I don't care if he goes - he's crap like all the managers under this regime. Be nice to have a new twat as manager..
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Agreed, this is our first defeat in 5 league matches. Our last 6 matches have been 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats. Uninspiring, but hardly enough to get him the boot
    Tell that to Otto and Blackpool.
  • Options

If we lose at home to port vale next week it could be bye bye baldy

You not going again mate?!
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

However Katrien did famously say we have a top 6 budget, so you'd assume from that they'd be expecting a top 6 finish and won't exactly be impressed with us sitting 15th and nearer to the relegation zone than the play offs. Although having said that, i doubt they actually give a shit.

A major flaw is the Teixeira situation as I am certain the contract situation says that the Belgians are telling Slade he cannot play.

As i said earlier in this thread, someone needs to get Slade to clarify this situation. If he's not allowed to play him then tell us, and if that's the case then why is he bothering putting him on the bench alongside our 27 other centre backs?!
  • Options
    Sacked by next home game I reckon. Roland won't like having his birthday ruined by such a result.
  • Options

Sacked by next home game I reckon. Roland won't like having his birthday ruined by such a result.

I doubt Roland even knows the result.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will make things better for the protests if he's sacked and replaced by O'Laughlin. The football just isn't important until this mob get out of our club.
  • Options
    Roland out
    Miere out
    Slade out

And

Elfsborg out: )
  • Options

To an extent, Slade is not the problem. The performances are symptomatic of a business with no drive from the top, and can be laid fully at the feet of Roland and Katrien. He is not interested, she is not capable, and both have to go. Dealing with anything else is fiddling while Rome burns / rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic / insert your cliché of choice.

Spot on Addicks the problem at Charlton starts at the very top and filters down.
    Only when they sell the club and fuck off will we start to recover
  • Options
    If we were sold today and the new owner gave him another 38m, Slade would still struggle
  • Options
    He's pathetic
  • Options

Will make things better for the protests if he's sacked and replaced by O'Laughlin. The football just isn't important until this mob get out of our club.

The football has been irrelevant since the Watford 5-0.
  • Options

Roland out
    Miere out
    Slade out

And

I read the bottom part first and was going to cane the poster............
  • Options

Roland out
    Miere out
    Slade out

And

I read the bottom part first and was going to cane the poster............
    :smiley: