Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long does Slade get?

Comments

• Options

To an extent, Slade is not the problem. The performances are symptomatic of a business with no drive from the top,

There you have it.
  • Options
    Lower league manager, with lower league tactics and a lower league mentality. On today's performance, it looks like most of the players have worked that out as well. He said the squad had trained well this week and he was surprised with the performance. So the training must have been wrong then and the team wasn't properly motivated. Which is his responsibility, although he did have the decency to apologise for such an abject performance. Charlton Alexandra.
  • Options

The thing that pisses me off more that the rest of the two bob pretenders is that this guy is meant to have knowledge, experience and know how. His negative approach to a side that has enough first team quality to make a real impact in this league is nothing short of embarrassing. The limited minutes for a player with such raw talent and unpredictability like Botaka is testament to that. The blokes a boring prick and I really don't like him.

How you opened is what makes things so baffling. Slade is no Ferguson but he is as good as we're going to get.

The cynic in me says that he got a three year contract and is 'playing for a sacking' knowing the Belgian pricks are partial to this every 4-5 months.

Sell the club you c****.
    He's got a free ride aswell. If he takes risks and they don't pay off then he's got a massive excuse to hide behind. The ultra conservative tactics make no sense to me whatsoever. Have a go ffs!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2016

The thing that pisses me off more that the rest of the two bob pretenders is that this guy is meant to have knowledge, experience and know how. His negative approach to a side that has enough first team quality to make a real impact in this league is nothing short of embarrassing. The limited minutes for a player with such raw talent and unpredictability like Botaka is testament to that. The blokes a boring prick and I really don't like him.

How you opened is what makes things so baffling. Slade is no Ferguson but he is as good as we're going to get.

The cynic in me says that he got a three year contract and is 'playing for a sacking' knowing the Belgian pricks are partial to this every 4-5 months.

Sell the club you c****.
    Could be some mileage in this Elfs, let's be honest if he's been told to play youngsters like the previous stooges he would have had a ready made excuse today if it went belly up. Instead it seems he's doing the bare minimum to play tomorrow's 'prem stars' so could well be trying to force the Douchbag's hand.
  • Options
    The regime ought to of course be the focus on the wider protests around the club, but given that the sale of the club doesn't look like an imminent threat, Slade and the current performances are the most pressing issue. I honestly don't think we've had a worse manager under these lot. Fraeye was of course woeful, but he came into the team in the middle of season, hate from the fans, a tougher, more difficult league and no previous experience of English football. Whereas Slade has had the whole summer, support from the fans and supposedly knows the leagues, yet is playing with less tactical nous than a rusty teapot.

The midfield is utterly useless in attack. No pace, no support to the strikers and then the inevitable hoof up the pitch, with our strikers invariably too isolated or too weak to bring the ball down. Jackson/Crofts/Ulvestad spend most the match watching the ball sail over their heads and then getting back in to defensive positions as we inevitably lose the ball. Playing Lookman on the wing has significantly limited his threat, particularly as he has to track back and can't get in behind the opposition defence. I feel for Ajose to be honest. He's missed a few chances but I can see why he is struggling to score and break his bad run when he hardly gets a sniff of goal, no wonder when most of the team are about 60 yards from the goal.

On top of all this, I actually find Slade's personality far more irritating than any of our previous regime managers. His sarky style could work if we were actually playing well but just comes as across as bitter and annoying when we're losing despite expectations of top 6 at least (reminds me of a fat English Mourinho). Was considering going to the match today, decided against it last minute and thanked god as I watched our failure to record a single shot on target. Our two league wins since August have been against the bottom team in the league at home, one of which took til the 86th min. I know we're hardly all fun at the moment but surely, just surely there has to be a better manager available, English or not. Riga round 3 anyone???
  • Options
    His record speaks for itself, he was the cheapest so he was employed. He is of course useless. K and R cannot even appease properly.
  • Options
    Slade is the biggest DUD to ever be connected to Charlton. Worst Manager ever. For God's sake get rid SOONEST.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The more I think about the more I think he has been clever and calling the Belgian pricks bluff.

All at the fans expense of course.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    This squad should be doing much much better than it is. Regardless of those Belgians slade is negative and were suffering, tada slade and fuck off too you Belgian c****
  • Options

The more I think about the more I think he has been clever and calling the Belgian pricks bluff.

Modern day Charlton summed up - shambolic and depressing
  • Options
    He gets as long as it takes for KM and Roland to get bored. He's not exactly going to be poached by another club, nor will he resign when he gets paid regardless, with the only drawback some nasty words aimed in his direction but he's probably heard the same at every club he's managed. He's clearly sold out to the regime and is going to do what is necessary to appease them.

The only threat to him is if KM knows enough about football to realise that he is tactically clueless and that the players have already given up on him. Even then, we have to assume she cares about such minor details.
  • Options

Thought similar from the first game. No one will blame him if it goes tits up because you can just blame the owners and the toxic atmosphere. And if it goes well you are a miracle worker in tough circumstances. Slade has the last laugh.
  • Options
    If we were looking for and happy with someone who's going to keep us in league one. If that was the extent of our aspirations then Slade would be boringly uninspiring but probably ok. Without trying to make out we are better as a club than that I believe our aspirations are at least one division higher. Slade in that context is a chocolate fucking teapot. He is clueless beyond belief and while he is in control of team affairs we are at best treading water.

I've heard the argument that we couldn't attract anyone better. I'll counter that by saying we couldn't attract anyone worse and even if we could I'm prepared to take the risk.

• Options

If we were looking for and happy with someone who's going to keep us in league one. If that was the extent of our aspirations then Slade would be boringly uninspiring but probably ok. Without trying to make out we are better as a club than that I believe our aspirations are at least one division higher. Slade in that context is a chocolate fucking teapot. He is clueless beyond belief and while he is in control of team affairs we are at best treading water.

I've heard the argument that we couldn't attract anyone better. I'll counter that by saying we couldn't attract anyone worse and even if we could I'm prepared to take the risk.

Could not attract anyone worse? Do you remember Karel Fraeye?
  • Options

I am beginning to suspect his appointment was simply to allow Meire to actually make subsequent appointments which were genuinely improvements
  • Options
    mogodon said:

I am beginning to suspect his appointment was simply to allow Meire to actually make subsequent appointments which were genuinely improvements
    Plausible, but expand.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Sell the club you c****.
    He's got a free ride aswell. If he takes risks and they don't pay off then he's got a massive excuse to hide behind. The ultra conservative tactics make no sense to me whatsoever. Have a go ffs!!!
    Spot on. I'd rather get beaten and have real go rather than be satisfied with a point. Get the shackles off ffs.

It's no wonder the likes of Ajose and Novak look shit when we can't give them 3 or 4 chances each per game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think Slade is as inept as he is being made out to be.

We just have to accept that this club won't succeed till the current owenership is gone.
  • Options

I don't think Slade is as inept as he is being made out to be.

We just have to accept that this club won't succeed till the current owenership is gone.

The ineptness of the owners shouldn't be used as an excuse to blame all our shortcomings on the pitch on them and let Slade off the hook

We're in the 3rd division, even excluding all the failed players out on loan or out of favour, I bet our wage budget is still higher than the majority of clubs in this division, and our training facilities (even without the upgrade) far better.

Today was the perfect chance to try a couple of youngsters out, tell them they've got nothing to lose, that any result today (missing 3 or 4 key players) would be a bonus. Instead he goes for the "safe, defensive" option, which fails dismally.
  • Options
    BillG said:

Slade is the biggest DUD to ever be connected to Charlton. Worst Manager ever. For God's sake get rid SOONEST.

• Options
    Brussel is only here for the dosh. And probably hoping for that payoff sooner rather than later. Not the root of the problem but not helping either.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Stop trying to get the manager sacked you bunch of inpatient morons. You're having a laugh if you think Russell is happy with the limited squad he has.
  • Options

Brussel is only here for the dosh. And probably hoping for that payoff sooner rather than later. Not the root of the problem but not helping either.

Stop trying to get the manager sacked you bunch of inpatient morons. You're having a laugh if you think Russell is happy with the limited squad he has.

Probably 2 somewhat correct statements.

I believe Slades heart was in it at the early stages but now he has probably mentally given up, for many different reasons, and now simply just wants out.

The regimes record of sacking managers is rather frequent so getting sacked, prematurely paid off, whatever his contract states, shouldn't be a problem, in his mind.

When asked about the mess he left behind afterwards....he can basically just tell it like it is.

I certainly haven't warmed to the bloke.

Boring is a key word.
  • Options
    Yep but Slade is under contract to Roly for 3 years and doesn't fancy doing the last 2.5 of them working in the cafe at St. Truiden where Roly frequents .
    Bartrams or vista lounge the only other alternatives on offer , he could carry the miserable barman off no problem
  • Options
    If Brussel gets the sack. You can imagine katrien sprouting out the ' we gave the fans the type of manager they wanted. What more do they want". She will play the victim yet again.
  • Options
    We have a number of mobile and energetic players in the u23s, some of them already with first team experience. This is only League One. Although they won't have the quality of a Shelvey or Gomez I can't believe none of them are worth a go.

Cautious team selection from Slade, just like his tactics. At least under Peeters or Luzon we'd have seen a young midfielder or two in the team by now. Everyone knew a few months ago that midfield four (or even three with a winger) doesn't work, except Slade it seems.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

If Brussel gets the sack. You can imagine katrien sprouting out the ' we gave the fans the type of manager they wanted. What more do they want". She will play the victim yet again.

If they had bothered to ask instead of just drawing their own conclusions they would have established that what we were actually asking for was a manager with experience of the English leagues with proven ability to drive the club forward. Being British was going to be highly likely, but not a prerequisite.

You are right that she will be claiming that she gave us what we wanted, but once again, she will be wrong. She gave us British but not the ability.